Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now news people are saying our coach is on Oregon's list. Got nothing against the Ducks, they are always with us when we get in feuds (Florida--a duck can move a Truck, and I don't think they liked Schiano either) .

People that went to the game said their fans were extremely nice. Of course, they were going to blow us out so why wouldn't they be.

That being said, not happening.

Now I wish Kiffin would go to Oregon.

Lebby went tho. There's a reason Kiffin's offense looked like ours this year and not like what he did here or BAMA. I expect it will change again with whoever he hires at OC. It will still be pass oriented but he's not a micromanager to my knowledge.

I for one am loving how quiet this off-season is starting for the Vols.

I know a lot of premium position coaches and coordinators are going to find themselves very available in the midst of the head coaching changes at high level programs. I’m glad we aren’t in the market.

I think what this program needs, more than anything else, is 2-3 quiet off-seasons and very few coaching changes for 3 seasons.

And I’m not worried about quiet recruiting. We saw where the Top 5 classes with Butch and all Pruitt’s top signees got us. We need quiet consistency for a few years. It may be boring, but the spectacle is overrated.

USA today mentioned him, according to some other site.

Thanks! I found the article; it didn’t sound like whoever wrote it had any inside info.

It would be very Tennessee, though, to survive his alma mater opening up, just to lose him a week later to another west coast school.

Alabama should not be the #1 job (it's either UGA or LSU), USC is too low, rest of list is pretty accurate.

When people say Alabama is the #1 job in the country they are conflating having the GOAT with it being the #1 job.
Same thing for Clemson. 10 years ago no one would have that job up there

I missed this. He should be called down immediately, no? Ole Miss will exploit this next year, too.

I watched it 3 times without sound trying to figure out what it was about. Then I saw #fakeslide. I don't see it. I saw a change of direction move. We just don't normally see QBs do that.

Reactions: VolNash17
Pickett admitted he faked it in the post-game interview.
TWSS

R.fd233cb1437b73eae1c36a08f00e8ac7

giphy.gif

I still loathe them for the 2010 and 2013 games.

Ducks may have played the two least talented teams in program history and they totally boat raced them

I enjoyed my interactions the Oregon fans more than I have enjoyed any other fan base. Good folks, laid back, loved their team but not at all full of themselves.

Pickett admitted he faked it in the post-game interview.

I don't see enough to really do anything about it. It was just a slight movement not much different from an RB juking defenders. If he'd gone lower then I think it would be a problem because people back off to avoid hitting but he was upright the whole time. Put it to you another way, if I'd been the defender I wouldn't have thought he was sliding. I'd have thought he was trying to outmanuever me.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I don't see enough to really do anything about it. It was just a slight movement not much different from an RB juking defenders. If he'd gone lower then I think it would be a problem because people back off to avoid hitting but he was upright the whole time.

I don’t think it’s a tough thing to fix: if a player starts a slide (and it isn’t tough to tell when they’re doing it) and then takes off, ball is dead where the slide started. It’s not punitive for the offensive, and it’s fair for the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back