Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find people who don't enjoy soccer genuinely don't understand the game. If more Americans understood the strategy of soccer, it would outperform any other sport in terms of attendance besides football.

What's to understand? It's pretty straightforward. It's the magical timekeeping, fake injuries, and lack of scoring that makes soccer unenjoyable to me.

Kinda bored.............

Is this the greatest UT football photo of All-Time???

college-football-tennessee-steve-kiner-in-action-defense-vs-alabama-picture-id451976578

You know what is funny...I didn't see his post because he is on the ignore list. I don't even remember what for...I'm going to have to unignore him and look back at his posts to understand why. Sometimes it's because somebody takes a personal shot at me over something that is none of their business and has not a dang thing to do with arguing over sports, but sometimes it is because a poster has went full unremitting negatroll and has gotten on my nerves 🤷‍♂️
I think I've only referenced you 1 time since I've been on here, I probably liked a post that may have referenced you and you may have seen that.

I don't ignore anyone just a personal choice. The funny thing is if I were to meet you and a couple others in person I have no doubt we would get along. I got sucked in to the political forum for a very short time and admittedly I don't agree with a lot of folks in that area but I have a lot of great friends where we don't agree in that area. However I know they would come to my aid if needed and I would do same for them. Just think it's silly to ignore an anonymous person on a team site.

Now I may scroll through quickly once I sense the gist of their post, but none of that matters I guess, I forgot you have me on ignore.lol

Reactions: Volstar65
What's to understand? It's pretty straightforward. It's the magical timekeeping, fake injuries, and lack of scoring that makes soccer unenjoyable to me.

It would be 10x more enjoyable to watch if they just added an embellishment penalty. I gripe at the lingo too. Nil -> Zero, Kit -> Jersey, Sacked -> Fired,

You proved his point. You don't care to understand it because you're already coming from a perspective that you don't like it and you think it's a "simple" game.

It's fine if you don't care. You're free to not care and not like it. The point is that there's more to it than you think, and the game planning and schemes are complex. Someone could say football is simple and straightforward- just get the ball across the goal line - and say there's no more complexity or understanding needed, and they'd also be wrong for that perspective. Because we know matchups, schemes, game plans, defensive orientations and personnel, etc.

Every sport has these complexities, which is something I started learning as I got older and it opened my eyes to enjoying more sports and being interested in sports I used to dislike. Just realized there isn't a single "dumb sport." They're all awesome and interesting in their own rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back