Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Peyton is in a class only a couple of others are in; and yes, he gives us a MASSIVE advantage...Bama could go with Namath, Bart Starr, or Ken Stabler.

Namath is one of the most overrated QBs of all time. Start and Stabler were good, but nowhere close to Peyton. Peyton won Super Bowls with 2 different teams in the era of guys like Brady, Rogers and Brees.

Fair point. I might've just been hyped that they bumped Pearce lol. It would be wise to be a bit tempered though, so thanks for the input. It just looks the driving force behind 247 beating out Rivals was the fact that a bunch of the good people from Rivals went over to 247, and no there's similar migration from 247 to On3 since it got sold.
Knew they had Chad Simmons...went to see who else they got - looks like 1 guy from each of the majors (article from when they launched).

But what I had no idea is Grant Frerking runs their NiL section. That kid is a boss. Would be a great tool for UT...I mean Spyre 😅 in the future.

There was nothing wrong with the old CFB OT rules, just move the starting point to the 35 instead of the 25. Alternate possessions. Both defenses and both offenses have to do their jobs.
Put it at the 50 and you've got a deal. Gotta make the offense at least get a first down to be in field goal range.

“Cool story, bro” moment incoming:

So my dad and I work the football games as an usher and he typically gets asked to work the basketball games as well. He was asked to come usher this past weekend for the LSU game (he asked me to come with, but I couldn’t). Anyway, he gets there and is told he has the section that is for the recruits, their families, as well as coaches and their families. He got to meet basically the whole basketball team, Barnes, had a good talk with Huepel, and met Danny White. He said Huepel is one heck of a guy to talk to. Huepel asked him what he thought of the offense this year. Obviously dad said it was awesome. Huepel’s response was a laugh and then said, “Just wait until you see the offense next year.”

I’m ready 😎
@zhangliao04, do you mind texting me? I'm retired, sort of, and I've been interested in doing that. I'd like to chat with you about it if you don't mind. 843-209-5204.

I like that 13 of the 20 kids we signed in the ESP were EEs, but I wish Pearce and Josephs had been among them. Would have been nice for them to get that extra practice time.
I'll be happy if Pearce can make it to UT this summer. From all accounts, he has some work to do in the classroom. I'm pulling for the kid to get his stuff together.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back