Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Cool story, bro” moment incoming:

So my dad and I work the football games as an usher and he typically gets asked to work the basketball games as well. He was asked to come usher this past weekend for the LSU game (he asked me to come with, but I couldn’t). Anyway, he gets there and is told he has the section that is for the recruits, their families, as well as coaches and their families. He got to meet basically the whole basketball team, Barnes, had a good talk with Huepel, and met Danny White. He said Huepel is one heck of a guy to talk to. Huepel asked him what he thought of the offense this year. Obviously dad said it was awesome. Huepel’s response was a laugh and then said, “Just wait until you see the offense next year.”

I’m ready 😎
A4AAF442-F315-42F1-B1A4-75E8B90F36D9.jpeg36DEA86D-C278-4479-A570-91FA89CB8FE9.gif

Bucket list.

No effing way.

My bucket is taking my kids to the bush in Perth to metal detect for nuggets the size of your face.

Also, dropping a crab imitation off a waterfall in Belize...#silver king. I might literally shart myself in this instance.55E1CBDE-B0E4-437F-84DB-C36B0E4C6CAB.gif

I can die at that point.

Landed a 30.5 inch red on crab imitation this year. Still dream about that. Made the fly reel scream.

Just knocked on the door of a homeowner named… and I kid you not…

Anita Fullone

View attachment 430326
knew a girl in college, Anita Young Crack (prounounced Crock) which we all knew. Ask me if she hated me?!

Anita if you're still out there, sorry not sorry. Was my noble right to make fun of that.

I don't like combining them. Two totally different recruitment strategies...two totally different kinds of players - those coming from HS compared to those that's already been on a college campus, in a college program; also, needs from one can be completely different from needs of the other.

I also look at it this way: hypothetically, we only need a solid back up QB from the portal, some depth to go with our HS signee...we go out and get Navy Shuler. We have met our needs in the portal, but it brings down our HS ranking since Shuler isn't rated that high in the portal. I don't like it.

I like On3, mainly because it's new. I feel they're probably a little more geared up/enthusiastic to get the best possible evals, as opposed to a watered down, stale 247, or an outright joke like Rivals. I still put a bit of stock in 247; but, I haven't looked at Rivals since they tried telling me Trey Smith was a 4*, and the 4th rated prospect in the state.
To me it's just simple as - teams could be taking 10...12...maybe more transfers this year. Sounds like we could take 6-9?

When transfers become 30-40% of your class (let's say 20-25% in a normal year), it's just too big of a portion to set aside. Imo the best way to envision the value of everyone's classes is to include everyone. How it always should have been, but everyone's been slow so far to implement, but it's finally here.

Fwiw Shuler is a walkon, so he shouldn't be included (tho he currently is by mistake and 247 is fixing him and Browder). Either way, transfers aren't included in HS rankings. There are separate HS only rankings. But then there's a combined "overall" ranking which seems far superior nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back