Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. We wanted the same thing in 2019 against Brady. Our idiot defensive end Dee Ford (typical Auburn player) was offsides and pretty much cost us the game. Shipped him out that offseason.

That was painful. Brady is sooooo lucky. Even yesterday the Rams RB gave them a chance in that game that they absolutely did not deserve.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I was going to put it on myself and kids. So if they have grandchildren have something as well. I was intrigued because you can get dividends after so long.
That is true and it will have a cash value after so many years to redeem. But it is still taxable dividends and the cash value is taxable over what you paid in premiums. Plus you are paying around $250 per month for whole and $30 per month for term life. They will be paying you dividends to pay tax on from the money you already paid them on the extra premium payments.

Reactions: bpvol and Ace

“One out, here in the top of the 10th, Jones steps up to the plate. Here’s the pitch…that’s a long fly ball, deep to left field…it is, outta here! And that’s your ballgame!”

“Boy, you hate to see it for the home team there, but I guess they should have pitched better.”

What do you mean shorter than a regular team? NFL doesn’t play that long and I’m not sure any other sport does either. Soccer plays longer games and has longer over time rules while running more than any other sport in that time span. I get player safety for NFL players, but it would be an easy rule change to say if the first team who possesses the ball scores, the other team gets one series to try and even the score.
They vote on OT and decided they don’t want it changed…. I’m ok either way but the overtime rules now don’t bother me any.

If the prevent defense works at keeping teams from scoring or getting in field goal range, why not just use it all game?
More and more teams in college are running a version of it where they limit the big play until the offense gets in/near the redzone, then they call conventional defensive plays to force a turnover or hold the other team to a FG.

Bud Elliott calls it redzone roulette, which is applicable.

They vote on out and decided they don’t want it changed…. I’m ok either way but the overtime rules now don’t bother me any.
I think overtime should be changed for the playoffs, since it's lose & go home time.

Both teams have an offense and defense, they should both see the field in ot. Either high school OT rules or an additional quarter of 8 minutes or so.

More and more teams in college are running a version of it where they limit the big play until the offense gets in/near the redzone, then they call conventional defensive plays to force a turnover or hold the other team to a FG.

Bud Elliott calls it redzone roulette, which is applicable.
Another ground-breaking idea I've had that someone else already thought of. . . 😆

Reactions: BigSteve09
I would like to see the NFL play a full 15 minute quarter in overtime and if still tied you go to FG shoot out.
FG shootout. Would be like penalty shootout in soccer. I definitely like it more than the current system. Would put alot more emphasis on special teams and the importance of having an elite kicker.

In the FWIW column, the Titans still haven't figured out they need a real TE since Delanie left, much less call pass plays to use one of whom they do have. What did we see all weekend? TE's making key catches to keep the chains moving. A good route running, pass catching TE is always the best friend of the QB.

When their workhorse injured his foot, the Titans became a .500 level team totally dependent on the D, especially when Brown also was hurt. Instead of riding Foreman, the same RB who got them there, they switched back to Henry who was slow and hesitant much of the time due to lack of playing time. The Bengals knew that Downing and Vrabel would go back to their usual MO, so if Henry was back there the D went after him. That was further proven by Foreman getting 60 yards on only 4 carries. So much dumb to go around and it starts with Vrabel and Downing. They should be playing KC for the spot in the SB this coming weekend.

FG shootout. Would be like penalty shootout in soccer. I definitely like it more than the current system. Would put alot more emphasis on special teams and the importance of having an elite kicker.
and if you know your kicker sucks you better go for broke

just an extra wrinkle of strategy, and an improvement in competition overall, that would better the game as a whole

By 247 rankings, if you combine high school recruiting with the portal, we rank 11th in the SEC. Florida sits at eighth when combined. South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt are the teams below us.

I wonder if portal guys in the Spring count toward this class or next when they figure these rankings?

2022 Overall SEC Football Team Rankings (247sports.com)
They'll count towards 22, which is why I think we can still move back into top 20 once we hit that point.

In the FWIW column, the Titans still haven't figured out they need a real TE since Delanie left, much less call pass plays to use one of whom they do have. What did we see all weekend? TE's making key catches to keep the chains moving. A good route running, pass catching TE is always the best friend of the QB.

When their workhorse injured his foot, the Titans became a .500 level team totally dependent on the D, especially when Brown also was hurt. Instead of riding Foreman, the same RB who got them there, they switched back to Henry who was slow and hesitant much of the time due to lack of playing time. The Bengals knew that Downing and Vrabel would go back to their usual MO, so if Henry was back there the D went after him. That was further proven by Foreman getting 60 yards on only 4 carries. So much dumb to go around and it starts with Vrabel and Downing. They should be playing KC for the spot in the SB this coming weekend.
they could have prime Witten, Gronk, Gonzales, Gates, or Sharpe running routes out of TE, but when your OC is a moron it doesn't matter anyway

Term life
Check with your employer. You may already have a term life policy that you can increase coverage and add family
I’m a small business owner. Just started roughly 6 months ago. Trying to figure out which life insurance is best option in that scenario

I mean honestly, first play of the game. "Let's put Henry at running back then run a PLAY ACTION, they'll never think of that! Haha! Yeah, football!" *high fives*"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back