Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bills would have had a chance if they had held to a FG in OT. They didn’t hold for 13 seconds and didn’t stop from end zone on OT. They had their chances. Id hate to be a DC in the 13 second spot vs Cheifs. How do you really defend that? You have to play deep or Hill runs by you. Play deep and Kelce kills you down middle. No perfect way to defend that offense in that spot. Any other team loses there except cheifs
Garbage

Flipping a novelty coin to decide first possession in a sudden death overtime, in the current NFL which has never been more swayed to the offense's advantage, is pretty silly.
It wasn't sudden death though....the Bills had multiple chances to either stop them or hold them to a FG.

I think they should do it like basketball....have two guys in pads stand at the 50 yard line, the ref throws the ball in the air and if no one catches it a scrum ensues like a fumble. Whoever comes out with the ball goes on offense first and if they score a TD the game is over.

Reactions: volinexile17
I agree. In a playoff situation, I think they should play an extra quarter. If the game is still tied, play another quarter. There is too much at stake to use the current rules.
I don't agree with that.

Both teams get ball get the ball either by kickoff or placement, after both teams have had a possession, whichever team is ahead wins..TDs only, no FGs or EPs

“It’s all come down to Overtime here in Game 7 of the 1984 NBA Finals. Lakers won the toss, so they will inbound first, length of the floor to go. Magic with the drive, drops it off to Kareem. Kareem, sky hook…GOOD! LAKERS WIN!!!”

“Oh man. Heartbroken for Bird and the whole Celtics team, but they got no one to blame but themselves. Have to play better defense in that situation.”

Lol not even an apples to apples comparison. Completely different games. Buffalo had more than one play to make a stop. People have done it all year it OT holding teams to FG or no points on first drive.

It wasn't sudden death though....the Bills had multiple chances to either stop them or hold them to a FG.

I think they should do it like basketball....have two guys in pads stand at the 50 yard line, the ref throws the ball in the air and if no one catches it a scrum ensues like a fumble. Whoever comes out with the ball goes on offense first and if they score a TD the game is over.
they literally call it sudden death overtime

I don’t see how it is. We can even say Buffalo had 3 chances on defense to make a stop. They let tyreek house call them at 1 minute mark. Then can’t stop at 13 seconds left. Then get another shot to make a stop and let Cheifs drive field for a TD instead of a stop or hold to a FG so they can get the ball. People saying Buffalo was robbed is asinine. I wanted Buffalo to win and had them +3 but they weren’t robbed.

My logic is sound you've just bought the lie that team wins gives an individual GOAT status. That's stupid, but most believe it for whatever reason.

Since you bring up Peyton, he's a perfect example. Peyton had one defense his entire career as good as what Brady had in NE and what he had in TB last year. Peyton was a shell of himself with a noodle arm and he won a Super Bowl. Give Manning those defenses his entire career and how many more SB wins does he have?

It's a team sport.
The fact so many people were giving Brady credit for the comeback, during and after it happened, is laughable. He had zero to do with it. Even when they had the ball after the turnovers during the comeback he was average at best.

When you want to give someone credit for something, deserved or not, you find a way. And when you don't want to, you look the other way.

Last edited:

“Welcome back to Lake Placid, where a scrappy United States squad has somehow pushed the Soviet juggernaut into a penalty shootout. The Russians have won the toss, so they will get the first opportinity. Kharlamov starts towards Craig, fakes right, fires…SCORE! The USSR has won. Do you believe in Miracles? Unfortunately, no.”

“Tough break for the US there, Al. But Craig has got to get a stop there and give his guys a chance.”

You guys are focused on HOW the game got to OT, not what happened when the game got to OT.

It's true, both defenses had their shot to do their jobs to stop it from getting to OT.

Once it got to OT, none of what happened leading up to that point matters. The refs say they are starting a new game. They flip a coin, which implies 50/50 odds. Should be fair, right?

Except in this era of football, where the offense has a far greater advantage, it's not 50/50. That's why the crowd and the Chiefs went crazy like they got a turnover when they won the coin toss. Everyone knew whoever won the toss had a monster advantage.

That's not how it should work.

The fact so many people were giving Brady credit for the comeback, during and after it happened, is laughable. He had zero to do with it. Even when they had the ball after the turnovers during the comeback he was average at best.

When you want to give some credit for something, deserved or not, you find a way. And when you don't want to, you look the other way.
Exactly.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I don’t see how it is. We can even say Buffalo had 3 chances on defense to make a stop. They let tyreek house call them at 1 minute mark. Then can’t stop at 13 seconds left. Then get another shot to make a stop and let Cheifs drive field for a TD instead of a stop or hold to a FG so they can get the ball. People saying Buffalo was robbed is asinine. I wanted Buffalo to win and had them +3 but they weren’t robbed.
They were robbed..you know who didn't have to stop anybody after the Bills last score? The Chiefs sorry defense...it is garbage that both teams don't get a chance to have the ball in post-season NFL play.

I do understand it for regular season...but not post-season...I have always thought it was stupid since I was a boy.

247's ranking of Pearce and Rival's rankings of Josephs are pure garbage.

someone who has access ask Callahan why the crap Pearce is a low ranked 3 star on their website? I'd like to have the answer to that. I know why Josephs is poorly ranked on Rivals. Farrell is bad at his job
88 isn't a low 3 star, but I feel you he should be ranked higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back