Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prevent defense has always been a terrible thing. Put pressure on the offense and make them beat you if they can.

You can fall down all day long and get up and run as long as you're not down by contact. It's not the college game
I
If you give yourself up the referees will blow the whistle and stop the clock. Seen it happen plenty of times.

Inspired by today's On3 updates, I'm pulling in data for my No-ESPN adjusted composite. Same kind of setup as the 247/On3 composites with a couple differences.

1. ESPN is gone. They don't update, their rankings are consistently meh. Some analysis has shown their inclusion makes the composite grades worse.

2. It's weighted (On3-45%, 247-30%, Rivals-25%) On3 took some of the best guys 247 had previously.

3. The impacts of low outliers are minimized. No more "Rivals hasn't evaluated him yet, so even though On3/247 say he's a top 100 player, his composite rank is 380."

Still working out the kinks in my code, but here's a preview with some results. Old_Rk is the current On3 composite, New_Rk is mine, and +/- is the difference for each recruit.

Huge bumps for Pearce/Webb/Josephs/White. Moderate drops for West/Nichols/Miller.

I'll drop the completed rankings tomorrow or Wednesday.

1643063021797.png

Last edited:
Inspired by today's On3 updates, I'm pulling in data for my No-ESPN adjusted composite. Same kind of setup as the 247/On3 composites with a couple differences.

1. ESPN is gone. They don't update, they're rankings are consistently meh. Some analysis has shown their inclusion makes the composite grades worse.

2. It's weighted (On3-45%, 247-30%, Rivals-25%) On3 took some of the best guys 247 had previously.

3. The impacts of low outliers are minimized. No more "Rivals hasn't evaluated him yet, so even though On3/247 say he's a top 100 player, his composite rank is 380."

Still working out the kinks in my code, but here's a preview with some results. Old_Rk is the current On3 composite, New_Rk is mine, and +/- is the difference for each recruit.

Huge bumps for Pearce/Webb/Josephs/White. Moderate drops for West/Nichols/Miller.

I'll drop the completed rankings tomorrow or Wednesday.

View attachment 430380
I'll be interested to see how On3's history looks in 5+ years once there's enough historical data to see how they've done. I can definitely see a bump of 247 over Rivals, since they've been studied by data folks and 247 came out on top. But 45% (50% more than the established 247) for a brand new site seems a bit heavyhanded. Jmo ofc

Hopefully they're that accurate though, at least for this class lol. I do agree they plucked some good ones. No idea if they have all the infrastructure yet and it may be a lot of fancy bells and whistles, but with their backing I'd bet the infrastructure could be tops before long. Those guys absolutely know what they're doing business and product wise.

Reactions: OrangenSC
So how about this?

Both teams line up on opposite goal lines or even opposite 25 yard lines.
The football is placed on the 50 yard line in the center. At the whistle, both teams have a chance to recover the ball. The team that recovers the ball starts offense where the ball is recovered. No punts or field goals allowed. If they score, game over. If they don’t convert a 4th down, then the other team gets the ball. Then same rules until a team scores a touchdown.
No coin toss determines the game.
What say ye? 👍👎

Boostered. Was in a room with two Covid positive people gor 8 hrs two weeks ago.

So far so good. Kids have been in and out of school with strep and stomach flu though.🤦🏼‍♂️
Just about everybody I know has had it or currently have it, and it’s been easy and super quick for us all. Just an uncomfortable day or two. I’ve had sinus infections ten times worse. I haven’t seen any difference in symptoms between the vaxxed and non vaxxed

The prevent defense has always been a terrible thing. Put pressure on the offense and make them beat you if they can.
Or just don't play your safeties 30 yards back. Did they really think the Chiefs were going to go for a TD?

But yes, kicking it for a touch back was stupid. Not as stupid as playing to prevent a td but allow a fg though.

Also, unleash at least 2 dozen live attacking mascots from the home team University. Whatever their mascot is, the live version will be used. No rules, can be trained to kill and maim. . . the new era of home field advantage.
Also, unleash at least 2 dozen live attacking mascots from the home team University. Whatever their mascot is, the live version will be used. No rules, can be trained to kill and maim. . . the new era of home field advantage.

So not Smokey.
The Volunteers will all have rifles. So much for any other mascot …gonna be a literal ton of dead bulldogs and tigers. Can we just tranquilize the tigers? Don’t want to kill them…

Love Al Wilson and he's the first name that comes to mind for me at LB. But he finished his career with sub 300 tackles which has him outside the top 10 for career tackles at UT so the production he had opens up the conversation a bit more.

With guys like Andy Spiva, Jamie Rotella, Earnest Fields, and even A.J. Johnson being the tackling machines they were I don't think LB is as clear cut a position.

Name a team leader better than Al Wilson. His will to win and hatred of losing puts him on the team every single time!

I'll be interested to see how On3's history looks in 5+ years once there's enough historical data to see how they've done. I can definitely see a bump of 247 over Rivals, since they've been studied by data folks and 247 came out on top. But 45% (50% more than the established 247) for a brand new site seems a bit heavyhanded. Jmo ofc

Hopefully they're that accurate though, at least for this class lol. I do agree they plucked some good ones. No idea if they have all the infrastructure yet and it may be a lot of fancy bells and whistles, but with their backing I'd bet the infrastructure could be tops before long. Those guys absolutely know what they're doing business and product wise.
Fair point. I might've just been hyped that they bumped Pearce lol. It would be wise to be a bit tempered though, so thanks for the input. It just looks the driving force behind 247 beating out Rivals was the fact that a bunch of the good people from Rivals went over to 247, and no there's similar migration from 247 to On3 since it got sold.

Just about everybody I know has had it or currently have it, and it’s been easy and super quick for us all. Just an uncomfortable day or two. I’ve had sinus infections ten times worse. I haven’t seen any difference in symptoms between the vaxxed and non vaxxed
what made me thing that my buddies infection was likely alpha or delta, is that it took him 7 days to get better. Also, fact that neither myself or other vaxxed guy in work group didnt get it. We didnt mask at our meeting either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back