Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
https%3A%2F%2Fallfortennessee.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1054452414-850x560.jpeg

Another good one

Man...the majority of people are such selfish folks.

So the friend I mentioned is still in the hospital being treated. Been in now for two weeks or so. Long story short his partner asked me to set up a GoFund Me for him, she is obviously focusing on other things and some people were bringing the topic up to her (people that may have had other motives). At her request set it all up and started sharing it, and it's done really well. Another of his "friends" is obsessed with the funds and keeps bugging her about it. Apparently he doesn't trust me.

Mind you this guy hasn't done anything to this point. Not even checking in on her or the kids, not donating or sharing the fundraiser or anything. To my knowledge he's had 2 conversations with her...one to bitch about him not being the friend who took the funds raised at work to her and then about not trusting me with these GoFund Me donations. (Mind you I set it up so that she was the beneficiary, which means she's the only one able to withdraw the funds).

Just chaps my ass man.

Trying to decide whether to go to the Pitt game or the LSU game next year. Pittsburgh is a cool city to visit and I'd love to see a game at Heinz without having to endure Steelers fans, but Baton Rouge would be a blast too and this *should* be a good year to catch them at home. Unfortunately can't swing both games/trips.

Any of yall have plans for either trip?

I'm likely going to try to make the UF game and/or UK game as well which will factor in to my decision.

@ Pitt 9/10
UF 9/24
@ LSU 10/8
UK 10/29

Trying to decide whether to go to the Pitt game or the LSU game next year. Pittsburgh is a cool city to visit and I'd love to see a game at Heinz without having to endure Steelers fans, but Baton Rouge would be a blast too and this *should* be a good year to catch them at home. Unfortunately can't swing both games/trips.

I'm likely going to try to make the UF game and/or UK game as well which will factor in to my decision.

@ Pitt 9/10
UF 9/24
@ LSU 10/8
UK 10/29
I'm thinking about going to both.

@ Pitt 9/10
UF 9/24
@ LSU 10/8
UK 10/29

As someone who's lived on Ohio for the last 30 years after spending 10 years in the Smokies, if you're driving north you're headed the wrong direction. I've never been to Red Stick, but Pittsburgh is not a destination I'd ever voluntarily choose to go.

Reactions: bigorange

@ Pitt 9/10
UF 9/24
@ LSU 10/8
UK 10/29
I'm going to go to 1 UT game (Ball St), 1 FSU game (@Louisville), and the Austin Peay/Alabama game.

You proved his point. You don't care to understand it because you're already coming from a perspective that you don't like it and you think it's a "simple" game.

It's fine if you don't care. You're free to not care and not like it. The point is that there's more to it than you think, and the game planning and schemes are complex. Someone could say football is simple and straightforward- just get the ball across the goal line - and say there's no more complexity or understanding needed, and they'd also be wrong for that perspective. Because we know matchups, schemes, game plans, defensive orientations and personnel, etc.

Every sport has these complexities, which is something I started learning as I got older and it opened my eyes to enjoying more sports and being interested in sports I used to dislike. Just realized there isn't a single "dumb sport." They're all awesome and interesting in their own rights.

My kids have both played soccer as well as my niece and sister-in-law. I even played soccer in intramurals for my sorority. I understand it. I'm saying it's possible to understand it and still not like it. It's silly to assume that because I don't like it, I don't understand it. I also didn't call it dumb. It requires an insane amount of athletism and talent to play at a high level. I just don't enjoy watching it.

@ Pitt 9/10
UF 9/24
@ LSU 10/8
UK 10/29
I'd go to LSU. The City of Pittsburgh sucks imo. Tiger Stadium is an awesome venue, I went to a night game there when I was a Miss State student. Baton Rouge sucks, but you can hang out in NOLA. You can book a fishing trip on the gulf while you're down there (I recommend Coastal Waters Outfitters in Biloxi, MS)

My kids have both played soccer as well as my niece and sister-in-law. I even played soccer in intramurals for my sorority. I understand it. I'm saying it's possible to understand it and still not like it. It's silly to assume that because I don't like it, I don't understand it. I also didn't call it dumb. It requires an insane amount of athletism and talent to play at a high level. I just don't enjoy watching it.
I can't stand soccer. To each his own though.

@ Pitt 9/10
UF 9/24
@ LSU 10/8
UK 10/29
I’m a Steelers fan and planning to go to the Pitt game this year….. I will try to sit near you. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back