Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if soccer penalty shootouts were sudden death, first guy to make one wins. Sure, you could say “well, if the goalie just stopped that first one, they would have gotten their chance.” I mean, it’s true, but is there anyone on Earth that would think that wasn’t patently unfair to the team that lost the toss?

It’s soccer. Typically, we don’t care. Just end the game.

Agree with OT...but it's unrivaled in parity and competitiveness. CFB could learn a thing or two, rather than let conference commissioners run wild and leave competitive balance unchecked.

The same teams...the playoff blowouts...they're tiring for most. Especially when the NFL...even NCAA basketball...can find tons of parity and competitiveness down the stretch.
I like the parity...hate the purely mercenary nature of pro sports, but college is now doing the same things...even worse (no draft, no salary cap to spread things out) so if my love for Tennessee and the Vols weren't so wrapped up in each other...I would have quit watching CFB years ago.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I think Arkansas could really win the west..I wish we were able to do what they are doing now after next season when this stupid ten schollie self flagelation crap we are inflicting on ourself is done and over with...I just hope we still have a little momentum left at that point.

My question is this, who in the hell is financing freaking Arkansas buying players of this caliber?

Jerry Jones, Walmart, rice farmers, etc.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I like the parity...hate the purely mercenary nature of pro sports, but college is now doing the same things...even worse (no draft, no salary cap to spread things out) so if my love for Tennessee and the Vols weren't so wrapped up in each other...I would have quit watching CFB years ago.
Free agency/ transfers are the worse things to happen to college/ pro sports from the fans perspective

How do you figure? Arkansas lost several good players including their best one Treylon Burks…… They added Landon Jackson(never played…. Looks very awkward in workout videos)…. Jadon haselwood…… has potential but best year was just 399 yds at Oklahoma….. Danny Mcglothern( started on a very poor secondary at LSU…. Started bc two other cbs got injured…… has potential but Arkansas lost two starting DBs to LSU), Drew Sanders….. was a back up at Bama…. Moved into starting lineup due to injury…. Got nicked up and replaced for good….. Latavious Brini…… got benched at Georgia due to getting beat….. he is going to be a super senior this year…. They did a good job trying to fill holes but it is way to early to claim they upgraded anywhere.
All this is true..I think I actually mixed up Arkansas with another program...all this transfer crap is way too much to keep up with 🤷‍♂️

2001 to LSU in SEC championship game vs a backup QB. Win and TN is in National Title game.

Both of those games were pivotal for those teams. They both sucked arse. I was at the Memphis game. So that is burned into my memory much more than the lsu loss. At least lsu is an SEC team. tiger high is still just tiger high…😐

Losing to Georgia State has to be up there as well. Sure, our roster wasn't as great, but still, it was Georgia State.
It was horrid..but no..it was no where near the malfeasance of the Tiger High game. That team was LOADED like one of the big five is today, the team that lost to Georgia State was a mess coming off a five win season...no comparison for that reason.

Free agency/ transfers are the worse things to happen to college/ pro sports from the fans perspective
Those same fans back in the day would have complained about the fact that the Steelers won the super bowl every year…parity is good which means free agency is good, college and pro. Seeing games like we saw yesterday is all because of parity

Reactions: captainfalcon777
I can't believe teams still use it. I've never seen it work. Keep calling the plays that's worked the whole game. Don't change it up in the last min.
I would probably make a terrible DC, but I don't understand not sending at least 5 and getting your line some 1 on 1 matchups. Make Mahommes move a little bit and waste clock.

For everyone complaining about the NFL overtime rules, the Chiefs tried to propose a change after getting beat by the Pats in the 2019 AFC Championship Game in overtime after just one possession leading to a touchdown where the Chiefs never had an opportunity in overtime. The proposed rule was vetoed by all the teams, including Buffalo.

For everyone complaining about the NFL overtime rules, the Chiefs tried to propose a change after getting beat by the Pats in the 2019 AFC Championship Game in overtime after just one possession leading to a touchdown where the Chiefs never had an opportunity in overtime. The proposed rule was vetoed by all the teams, including Buffalo.

I didn’t really care who won that game, so it’s not like I care on Buffalo’s behalf (I do feel bad for their fans, but whatever). I, me, wanted to witness the drama of seeing which of one of these young star QBs blinked first.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Regardless of the overtime rules, I think this was the single greatest weekend of NFL playoff football I have ever seen. I am a Steelers fan and wanted the Titans and Buffalo to win, but all the games were crazy. I have never seen so many long plays in the last minute to get the teams in FG range for a last second kick.

After watching the Bills Chiefs game, I am starting to wonder if all this is actually scripted... If it's not, then how and why weren't you moving down the field and playing at this level the entire game, entire season? Funny how teams can just turn it on with seconds left and go the length of the field, when for the last 3quarters they may struggle to get a first down... Just glad Brady was sent home.

After watching the Bills Chiefs game, I am starting to wonder if all this is actually scripted... If it's not, then how and why weren't you moving down the field and playing at this level the entire game, entire season? Funny how teams can just turn it on with seconds left and go the length of the field, when for the last 3quarters they may struggle to get a first down... Just glad Brady was sent home.
Because teams go soft and play prevent instead of their usual defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back