DL: Haynesworth?
DL:Henderson
LB: Al Wilson
LB: Mayo
CB: Carter
CB:McDaniel
Safety: Berry
Safety: Deon Grant
If you’re going on NFL…..Stanley Morgan at one WR…..if college, one has to be Larry Seivers

I think Arkansas could really win the west..I wish we were able to do what they are doing now after next season when this stupid ten schollie self flagelation crap we are inflicting on ourself is done and over with...I just hope we still have a little momentum left at that point.

My question is this, who in the hell is financing freaking Arkansas buying players of this caliber?
Walmart is based in Bentonville Arkansas.

I think Arkansas could really win the west..I wish we were able to do what they are doing now after next season when this stupid ten schollie self flagelation crap we are inflicting on ourself is done and over with...I just hope we still have a little momentum left at that point.

My question is this, who in the hell is financing freaking Arkansas buying players of this caliber?

Arkansas low key has some mega rich boosters. Jerry Jones, the Walton family, and the Tyson family in particular.

How do you figure? Arkansas lost several good players including their best one Treylon Burks…… They added Landon Jackson(never played…. Looks very awkward in workout videos)…. Jadon haselwood…… has potential but best year was just 399 yds at Oklahoma….. Danny Mcglothern( started on a very poor secondary at LSU…. Started bc two other cbs got injured…… has potential but Arkansas lost two starting DBs to LSU), Drew Sanders….. was a back up at Bama…. Moved into starting lineup due to injury…. Got nicked up and replaced for good….. Latavious Brini…… got benched at Georgia due to getting beat….. he is going to be a super senior this year…. They did a good job trying to fill holes but it is way to early to claim they upgraded anywhere.

They are doing great for Arkansas, but they are able to add guys because they lost some, too. I’m pretty sure they lost their entire secondary (at least most of it). They had two experienced DB’s that transferred to LSU. Another DB is in the portal. They had another DB declare for the draft.

Burks, their best WR by far, declared for the draft, and one of their productive RB’s just entered the portal. They are replacing a lot.
We tend to overrate guys in the portal as well…. None of Arkansas transfers in were close to all conference players…..some had been benched/ replaced….. I do think they did good to get guys with potential.

We tend to overrate guys in the portal as well…. None of Arkansas transfers in were close to all conference players…..some had been benched/ replaced….. I do think they did good to get guys with potential.
We'll see if they were overrated when the season starts. It's hard to say guys that weren't starting or got beat out at Bama or Georgia were "overrated". Those teams stack talent.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
By 247 rankings, if you combine high school recruiting with the portal, we rank 11th in the SEC. Florida sits at eighth when combined. South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt are the teams below us.

I wonder if portal guys in the Spring count toward this class or next when they figure these rankings?

2022 Overall SEC Football Team Rankings (247sports.com)

We'll see if they were overrated when the season starts. It's hard to say guys that weren't starting or got beat out at Bama or Georgia were "overrated". Those teams stack talent.
That is true…. Which is why they have potential but also why fans tend to overrate them….. fans tend to overrate players based on a high school rating and the name on the front of the jersey….Alabama/Georgia run off guys every year that can’t cut it.

By 247 rankings, if you combine high school recruiting with the portal, we rank 11th in the SEC. Florida sits at eighth when combined. South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt are the teams below us.

I wonder if portal guys in the Spring count toward this class or next when they figure these rankings?

2022 Overall SEC Football Team Rankings (247sports.com)
They need to figure a way to substract from your recruiting rankings guys that you lose to the portal…. That would make it more accurate…. It doesn’t account for that ….does it?

That is true…. Which is why they have potential but also why fans tend to overrate them….. fans tend to overrate players based on a high school rating and the name on the front of the jersey….Alabama/Georgia run off guys every year that can’t cut it.
lol. There's a big difference between not cutting it at South Carolina and Bama. Guys that "can't cut it" at Bama and Georgia could still very well be starters on other SEC teams.

lol. There's a big difference between not cutting it at South Carolina and Bama. Guys that "can't cut it" at Bama and Georgia could still very well be starters on other SEC teams.
I just randomly picked a year…. 2019 and looked at Alabama transfers: jalen Hurts…. We knew he was good…. BJ Emmons 4* …. RB…. Best season 200 yds, Kendrick James high 4* no stats at all where he transferred too…. Richie Petitbon….. started 10 games at Illinois but uNdrafted….. Eyabi Anoma 5* transferred to Houston and then to UTM….Kyriq McDonald 4*…. Played one game at Cincy….. Blake Barnett 4*…. Best year at south Florida was 2700 yds 12 TDs 11 ints with a much worse qb rating than JG…. Shawn Burgess 4 *…. Best season was 15 total tackles, Aaron Robinson 4* good DB under willie at UCF drafted in 3rd round…. Stopped after that one but as you can see being a back up at one of these schools far from guarantees any kind of production.

^^^

BJ Emmons. Was shocked we didn’t go after him when we got Pruitt. Thought he was exactly what the doctor ordered. Big talented back.

Blast from the recent past (that somehow feels like a decade ago)

Reactions: RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back