Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the players prefer the current rules during the season. Maybe they don't, idk.

Seems like the union would advocate for a post-season rule change.

Heck, lets get wild and do hockey style. 7v7 overtime. Each team starts from the 50, no field goals. 15 minute rolling clock. No timeouts. Lol
I’m pretty sure it is negotiated.

You mean like breaking with impunity the legal limit for coaches on staff by calling them by a different name? Or hiring banned coaches by the same method? Controlling the scheduling and officiating for the whole conference? I do not claim that just anybody whatsoever could have done what he has done; but I absolutely deny that he could have done it without everything rigged. And others could have done it with the same rigged advantages. I think every game he has coached at bammer should be marked with an asterisk in the record book.
Yep

I was being sarcastic but they lower overtime minutes and then do penalty kicks for the same reason nfl players don’t need/want longer playing time.
Kinda plays into what I was saying. During the season that makes sense. During the post season you'd think they'd want a more fair way to decide the winner, even if it increases injury risk.

That's also how soccer is done. During the season there are no overtimes or penalties. OT and PKS are reserved for postseason games. Hockey does the same thing. They have a light determination during the regular season, and the losing team is still given a tie. During post-season its all overtime.

Sad as a titans fan watching this knowing we beat the piss out of 3 of the 4 teams left in the playoffs this year….

Damn tammyhill
I keep seeing people upset at Tannyhill. The first interception was on him. He got baited in throwing that pass. The second interception was just a fantastic play by the corner. You may only see that type of play 1-2 times a season if that. The third was good coverage where the defender tipped the ball. Only ones of those you could call him messing up. He is just an average QB. The Titans could do a lot worse. Maybe package him and Henry for Rodgers. You have a more than capable back up RB

What does nutting up have to do with making sure both teams have an equal chance to win instead of a coin flip giving a big advantage? What kind of caveman argument is that?
Because people are getting billions of dollars to put out a product and falling all over the place to make it 100% fair to everyone viewing said product is not a priority. Win and move on. I’ve been on the other side of it as a fan with worse rules. Ugga bugga fire bad!

Close..but I still and always will give the WLE distinction to the 96 Tiger High game. It is the equivalent of this years Alabama squad losing to South Alabama for those too young to understand.
I've always called it the most embarrassing, the Memphis loss; and, yes, that could be called an equivalent to it...Memphis was BAD!!! in those days. Absolutely could be called the worst loss.

However, just the magnitude of that LSU loss, though. Memphis didn't change the trajectory of the program. The stars realigned that night in Atlanta. Imo, we haven't fielded a TRUE contender since. 04 was a good team, but I never once thought they had a real chance of winning a championship, especially after the Auburn drubbing in Neyland.

The Hogs aren't playing around.

I think Arkansas could really win the west..I wish we were able to do what they are doing now after next season when this stupid ten schollie self flagelation crap we are inflicting on ourself is done and over with...I just hope we still have a little momentum left at that point.

My question is this, who in the hell is financing freaking Arkansas buying players of this caliber?

Because people are getting billions of dollars to put out a product and falling all over the place to make it 100% fair to everyone viewing said product is not a priority. Win and move on. I’ve been on the other side of it as a fan with worse rules. Ugga bugga fire bad!
LOL that you think making a fair over time that almost every fan wants is "falling all over themselves."

Dude, come on. You can’t be this dense. Sure, Brady hasn’t single-handed won every big game he has ever played in, but what QB ever could live up to what you just said? It’s a TEAM sport. Until he came to the Bucs, Brady mostly won his Super Bowls with a roster of skill position players pieced together from the scrap pile. Outside of the short stint with Randy Moss, the Patriots lived and died by guys like Edelman and other short, scrappy dudes for the majority of Brady’s career there and made it work.

He’s the GOAT.

No such thing as a GOAT in NFL.

I keep seeing people upset at Tannyhill. The first interception was on him. He got baited in throwing that pass. The second interception was just a fantastic play by the corner. You may only see that type of play 1-2 times a season if that. The third was good coverage where the defender tipped the ball. Only ones of those you could call him messing up. He is just an average QB. The Titans could do a lot worse. Maybe package him and Henry for Rodgers. You have a more than capable back up RB
The third pick was awful. He had two open receivers and chose to force it in a situation that didn't need him to force it AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back