Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what that has to do with bad overtime rules.

The refs say it when they flip the coin: “It’s a new game.” Why design that game to make it possible for one team not to get a shot? Just doesn’t make sense to me (and I’m at the back of a really long line on that one).
They had a shot….. just get one stop….. hold them to a field goal and Allen gets on the field.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I don’t know what that has to do with bad overtime rules.

The refs say it when they flip the coin: “It’s a new game.” Why design that game to make it possible for one team not to get a shot? Just doesn’t make sense to me (and I’m at the back of a really long line on that one).
There’s no perfect rules. Change em and find out what’s wrong with what you instituted.

They didn’t lose bc they didn’t touch the ball….. they lost bc they couldn’t get one single stop.

Easier said than done when neither defense could get a stop. Both defenses were absolutely gassed. Why should one team be put at a severe disadvantage because of a coin flip?

Which makes what he’s doing at the Titans remarkable. Vrable crushing it considering the terrible QB play.

I would like to see them do what the Rams did and bundle the QB with a few pics to trade for Rodgers if he wants out of GB. If would think the talent the Titans have would be enticing to a QB looking for a ring. If nothing else Tannehill for Deshaun Watson…I’m sure Nashville has massage parlors.

They had a shot….. just get one stop….. hold them to a field goal and Allen gets on the field.

Imagine if soccer penalty shootouts were sudden death, first guy to make one wins. Sure, you could say “well, if the goalie just stopped that first one, they would have gotten their chance.” I mean, it’s true, but is there anyone on Earth that would think that wasn’t patently unfair to the team that lost the toss?

Imagine if soccer penalty shootouts were sudden death, first guy to make one wins. Sure, you could say “well, if the goalie just stopped that first one, they would have gotten their chance.” I mean, it’s true, but is there anyone on Earth that would think that wasn’t patently unfair to the team that lost the toss?
I’d have to imagine giving a crap about soccer in the first place…too big a stretch.

Soccer penalty shootouts are a horrible way to decide a game….. are you advocating us to stop playing football and kick field goals to determine the winner?

I imagine the players prefer the current rules during the season. Maybe they don't, idk.

Seems like the union would advocate for a post-season rule change.

Heck, lets get wild and do hockey style. 7v7 overtime. Each team starts from the 50, no field goals. 15 minute rolling clock. No timeouts. Lol

Soccer penalty shootouts are a horrible way to decide a game….. are you advocating us to stop playing football and kick field goals to determine the winner?
You know that's not at all what he just said right? You can't possibly think that's what he was advocating? Can you?

Reactions: jave36
I imagine the players prefer the current rules during the season. Maybe they don't, idk.

Seems like the union would advocate for a post-season rule change.

Heck, lets get wild and do hockey style. 7v7 overtime. Each team starts from the 50, no field goals. 15 minute rolling clock. No timeouts. Lol
Players get paid and they’ll survive. Owners like to sell more games…but they want them to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back