Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pulling for Bills but like both teams - So glad because I was able to enjoy the game! I feel like we just watched something that will go down in history like the Montana to Dwight Clark pass or the Franco Harris Immaculate Reception! What a great weekend of sports!
These have been the best play off games this week end I have ever seen.

Fun as this game was, you can't have 24 hour marathons. In the regular season it could end in a tie...somebody's got to win.
I agree but it does suck from a competitive standpoint that you don't get a chance to answer.

It is what it is and I'm sure there'll be the expected belly aching about changing the rules.

And I'd be for a reasonable modification..but it's not 'not fair' as is now.

Just sucks THAT game ended like that.

[VIDEO=]
So EVENTUALLY the other team doesn’t get a chance? What’s so “sudden” about that? Playoffs are cutthroat…it sucks for the losers, but playing another quarter isn’t realistic.
[/VIDEO]
Both teams deserve ball once. Your argument is silly.

Even in college with starting at the 25 the longest game was 7 OT. Keeping kickoffs would bring it down considerably. That's a pretty weak argument.
I think it’s pretty strong. It’s the pro’s nut up!

I agree but it does suck from a competitive standpoint that you don't get a chance to answer.

It is what it is and I'm sure there'll be the expected belly aching about changing the rules.

I’d be fine if they changed it just for the playoffs. Just give both teams one guaranteed possession. It’s an easy change.

One of the best playoff weekends I can recall in awhile with such close/competitive games. For me the ending of the last and most exciting of these games was less about the rules and more about it was such an exciting game you didn’t want to see it end…

Yeah, they’re awesome. 2 great QBs playing their a**es off, and one of them doesn’t even get to touch the ball.
They just had to hold him to a field goal and Josh would have gotten his chance….. if the rules wouldn’t keep changing to favor the offense…. We would get more stops but it wouldn’t have been as exciting of a game.

Reactions: 99Vol
[VIDEO=]

[/VIDEO]
Both teams deserve ball once. Your argument is silly.
You’re getting desperate and trying to hurt me with mean words. I agreed with that sentiment when a FG did it. You score a TD, you DESERVE a win.

I like the NFL rules much better than I do the college rules.

College rules aren’t perfect, but you seriously prefer a game where one team loses simply because they never touched the football?

I hate it. Both of those defenses were gassed. It’s a MASSIVE advantage to give one team the ball first. You should at the very least change the rules for the post-season.

College rules aren’t perfect, but you seriously prefer a game where one team loses simply because they never touched the football?

I hate it. Both of those defenses were gassed. It’s a MASSIVE advantage to give one team the ball first. You should at the very least change the rules for the post-season.
Coin flips are a mutha. Rules are fine.

They didn’t lose bc they didn’t touch the ball….. they lost bc they couldn’t get one single stop.

They just had to hold him to a field goal and Josh would have gotten his chance….. if the rules wouldn’t keep changing to favor the offense…. We would get more stops but it wouldn’t have been as exciting of a game.

I don’t know what that has to do with bad overtime rules.

The refs say it when they flip the coin: “It’s a new game.” Why design that game to make it possible for one team not to get a shot? Just doesn’t make sense to me (and I’m at the back of a really long line on that one).

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back