Safety: Berry
Safety: Deon Grant

RBs: Travis Henry, Chuck Webb,
WRs: Joey Kent, Marcus Nash, Peerless Price, Stanley Morgan
OL: Cosey Coleman and Ju'Wan James
DL: Leonard Little, Derek Barnett
LB:s A.J. Johnson, Rico McCoy, Andy Spiva
DBs: Tim Priest, Charles Davis, Terry Fair, Bobby Majors

Good luck to him. Seemed to have a good attitude and used his scholarship opportunity to graduate early. It's too bad he never developed the way everyone hoped.
He was recruited to play a style that suited him, and it is the polar opposite of what we do now...I understand this one and wish him well.

Also not to ruffle any feathers...but to me there are basically a few all-time greats at UT that you just know at that position the discussion starts with them.

QB = Peyton Manning
WR = Joey Kent
DE = Reggie White
S = Eric Berry

Portal shouldn't be added into the hs ranking, imo. Should be two separate rankings.
That's how it is on 247, just to break it down. There's HS ranking...Transfer...then combined.

With the portal being such a huge thing now, seems clear the Overall (hs + transfer) ranking will be the dominant one moving forward. Looks like On3 already has transfer ratings, so I'm sure they'll have an overall ranking before long. They also have a 4-site composite. They're definitely on top of things.

Also not to ruffle any feathers...but to me there are basically a few all-time greats at UT that you just know at that position the discussion starts with them.

QB = Peyton Manning
WR = Joey Kent
DE = Reggie White
S = Eric Berry
LB = Al Wilson?

when I think DT, I think about Henderson and Haynesworth on the same line

You accidentally responded to the last part of barrylee’s post right on cue. You guys couldn’t have done that any better even if you had called each other and tried to coordinate it.
You know what is funny...I didn't see his post because he is on the ignore list. I don't even remember what for...I'm going to have to unignore him and look back at his posts to understand why. Sometimes it's because somebody takes a personal shot at me over something that is none of their business and has not a dang thing to do with arguing over sports, but sometimes it is because a poster has went full unremitting negatroll and has gotten on my nerves 🤷‍♂️

Yeah looks like we're about to pick-up in the transfer portal game. Every one of them was on scholarship too. (except I think Orr wasn't)

View attachment 430316
And 5 have already transferred within the waiver guidelines, 6 if you include Cade leaving early just for good measure, so we should be good to go to get up to 30 (5 additional HS recruits or transfers above the 25)....assuming we shoot for 30, which I sure as heck hope we do.

Shoot, with the existing talent and what they just bought, I'd think 2024 is certainly realistic to be in the playoff...
they have no excuse not to be dominant with the class(es) that they are pulling in. they have the means to continue doing it.

the only thing standing in their way is the age-old "the best [thing] money can buy!" falling on its face or coming up just short however many times across all competitive sports (and war) throughout however many hundreds/thousands of years

QB = Peyton Manning
WR = Joey Kent
DE = Reggie White
S = Eric Berry

I’d agree on everybody except Joey Kent. Really good receiver...but, many more that were better, imo.

Reactions: Rizzo924
Term Life is the better option for you if you’re looking for business coverage and leaving larger amounts of money for loved ones it god forbid something happens to you early. Whole Life coverage is expensive if looking for larger amounts of money or if you are older and not in perfect health. Also, look into Term coverage that has living benefits. I worked at AIG so I got their Quality of Life Term coverage which also allows you to borrow against your death benefit amount if you have a qualifying illness. Example: your diagnosed with cancer and are having trouble covering medical expenses, or loss of income due to not being able to work because of treatments, etc….the policy will allow you to take out a portion of your death benefit to get money for those expenses now. There a few companies out there that do this now so definitely shop around.
This has been a lot of help. I called an agent and we are in talks of which is the best route to go. Any companies better than others In Your experience or are all coverages the same just different names attached to them

LB = Al Wilson?

when I think DT, I think about Henderson and Haynesworth on the same line

Love Al Wilson and he's the first name that comes to mind for me at LB. But he finished his career with sub 300 tackles which has him outside the top 10 for career tackles at UT so the production he had opens up the conversation a bit more.

With guys like Andy Spiva, Jamie Rotella, Earnest Fields, and even A.J. Johnson being the tackling machines they were I don't think LB is as clear cut a position.

That's how it is on 247, just to break it down. There's HS ranking...Transfer...then combined.

With the portal being such a huge thing now, seems clear the Overall (hs + transfer) ranking will be the dominant one moving forward. Looks like On3 already has transfer ratings, so I'm sure they'll have an overall ranking before long. They also have a 4-site composite. They're definitely on top of things.
I don't like combining them. Two totally different recruitment strategies...two totally different kinds of players - those coming from HS compared to those that's already been on a college campus, in a college program; also, needs from one can be completely different from needs of the other.

I also look at it this way: hypothetically, we only need a solid back up QB from the portal, some depth to go with our HS signee...we go out and get Navy Shuler. We have met our needs in the portal, but it brings down our HS ranking since Shuler isn't rated that high in the portal. I don't like it.

I like On3, mainly because it's new. I feel they're probably a little more geared up/enthusiastic to get the best possible evals, as opposed to a watered down, stale 247, or an outright joke like Rivals. I still put a bit of stock in 247; but, I haven't looked at Rivals since they tried telling me Trey Smith was a 4*, and the 4th rated prospect in the state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back