Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, if that's true

Napier had to have an idea of certain jobs he was next in line at. He didn’t even sniff TN or South Carolina or Auburn. Mullen tried to go Pro last year so I’m sure Strickland already has planned to replace Mullen just probably though it would be him bolting not having to fire

We will definitely beat them and he does have a noodle arm, but he's faster than any QB we played this year and with our D, that's a lot of 3rd/4th down conversion.

its harder to defend when the QB can also throw. Wright cannot therefore it should be easier. And they can run as much speed option as they want bc we will likely be up double digits.

By no means do I think we struggle with Vandy but don't believe we will cover the 30 to 31 point range, been burned by the late td too many times. Food for thought for all you bettors out there..
I agree with this. Candy hates UT as much as any team they play and we'll get their best effort--guaranteed.

Reactions: crazyguy
I wonder if the Florida job is interesting enough to get Bob Stoops out of retirement? Kiffin, Franklin or Freeze? Other than those 3 I don't know anyone else on the list that is a sure thing or makes me worry.

I don't think that Franklin will come back to the SEC unless he gets fired from PSU or USC and has to take a bounceback job in the league. His tenure at Vandy is such a feather in his cap and preservation of near-perfection, that I don't think he'll ever come shuffle that up again.

Money talks, of course, but he would get chewed up at Florida or LSU. I could see him at LSU more than Florida. Maybe if LSU misses on a few guys they'll throw the bank at Franklin and it will be enough. Even still, he's just trading locations for a very similar situation. Penn State in the same division as Ohio State is no different than LSU under Bama.

Tennessee Vols could set a program record in Josh Heupel's first season
Tennessee’s school record for points in a season was set in 1993 when the Volunteers scored 484 points in Phillip Fulmer’s first full season as the program’s head coach.

The Vols came close to breaking that record in 2016 when UT scored 473 points.

Through 11 games this season, the Vols have scored 421 points. That means they only have to score 64 points over their final two games (Vanderbilt and a bowl game) to set a new program record for points scored in a season.

If Tennessee hits its season average of 38 points per game, they’ll finish just shy of 500 points for the season with 497.

(It should be noted that Tennessee scored 484 points in 1993 in only 12 games.)

Setting a program record for points scored in a single season would certainly bode well for the future of Tennessee football under Heupel.

Going to real interesting to see what Hooker does. I’d love for him to be back and it’s best for our program but it’s such a weak QB class this year. When they put the list of names up during broadcast I mean I knew it was weak in general but I didn’t realize it was THAT bad. Outside of Pickett and Corral there is not much separation. Carson Strong gets a lot of talk but he never seems to do good in the big games. Those are likely your top 3 but after that it’s not out of question a guy like Hooker could leap the rest of the field based on his 2019 and 2021 seasons.

If he goes it makes us an attractive transfer target for QBs. So far you have Brennan in portal. Rattler is expected to be in. One of the Ohio St backups will most likely be in portal as Ewers is rumored to be the one. Emory Jones or AR 15 one is likely to be available. I’m sure more will be available.
Currently considered 8th of said weak lot and this is his first standout season…and abbreviated at that. If he shined against UGA, it would have been more of a quandary imo but he needs another season. The Shorts Olympics and Pro Days will reduce him to 6-7th if not UDFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back