Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he leaves, we will be stuck in transition phase again by Florida game time...which will suck.

Unless...Back Alley Joe's switch flips on...I ain't holding my breath on that one, especially since Velus is gone, and Tillman is probably gone.
Heupel’s offense isn’t a mental concept anymore to players still on the roster. More room to shine brighter. UCF proved that Velus Jones and Cedric Tillmans aren’t one-off occurrences with this coach. Who were they last season?

I was hoping that Ole Miss would run them all over the field but it was a lot more controlled than I expected.

31 is a lot and not sure we cover. But one thing to remember about Ole Miss is they have a quick turnaround to play State on Thanksgiving. I’m guessing Kiffin was trying to save as many players as he could.

There's definitely a top tier of coaches (Kiffin, Franklin, Campbell, Fickell) and then the quality really starts to drop. If they want to go after a retiree, go ahead, but I don't think Bob Stoops is the answer. Are they really expecting someone in their 60s to go hard on the recruiting trail? I know Saban still does it, and Urban did when he was at OSU. However, Stoops retired for a reason, and I can't imagine he wants to walk back into the arena, especially with said arena crumbling from the flames of all the pissed jorts of the Florida fanbase.

USC and LSU are better jobs than Florida, and Auburn and Texas could make moves as well. Florida might be left with their hands clasped begging on Mark Stoops door for a perennial 8 win team.

There's definitely a top tier of coaches (Kiffin, Franklin, Campbell, Fickell) and then the quality really starts to drop. If they want to go after a retiree, go ahead, but I don't think Bob Stoops is the answer. Are they really expecting someone in their 60s to go hard on the recruiting trail? I know Saban still does it, and Urban did when he was at OSU. However, Stoops retired for a reason, and I can't imagine he wants to walk back into the arena, especially with said arena crumbling from the flames of all the pissed jorts of the Florida fanbase.

USC and LSU are better jobs than Florida, and Auburn and Texas could make moves as well. Florida might be left with their hands clasped begging on Mark Stoops door for a perennial 8 win team.
Stoops may also be waiting to see if Riley makes any moves (NFL).

Kiffin is not in the top tier. Eff him.

I thought the prevailing rumor was that he was just biding his time for Coach O to get fired so he could take over LSU.
My thinking…it made too much sense. That LSU job opp was a matter of time since their NC. The hangup is the perception from the fans and admin that he would be a “settling” hire. They really overthink these things. Tom Herman was their plan A AND B in their previous search, and when Texas came available they got all kerfluffled and went with Oregeron. Better AD now but unless Jimbo Fisher was a done deal, their other options should be already sealed up…if they’re any better at this board game.

Next year is going to be treading water at best...too much loss off an already thin team. We are going to have to get used to this until we get at least 2-3 full classes in and get them developed. I don’t think depending on the portal for rejects is going to be the answer for long term success. We have to get several good solid classes of high schoolers in the process.

Yes.
Love being able to take advantage of the portal but if that's where majority of playmakers are coming from, 1 and done is entirely possible for many.

So each season you're starting over, sorting practice warriors from gamers and new kids learning the system, trying to nail it down.
A yearly rebuild of sorts and no one should want to rely on that for very long.

Still helping my trainer while trying to build up my account. The cold calling game is brutal but so far I have one customer based in Florence AL. How’s the trucking side going for you?
Yeah cold calling sucks. How do you broker your loads through a load board or do you guys have dedicated freight haulers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back