Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would this be the best for Tennessee?

Stoops gone from KY, they drop back off the map.
CMS didn't pull a Heupel, there. It was a long process getting the right guys. The ridiculously impatient Gators would lose their minds waiting on a process guy. Fire another one, further their descent.

The universe is righted.😉

Last edited:
CMS didn't pull a Heupel, there. It was a long process getting the right guys. The ridiculously impatient Gators would lose their minds waiting on a process guy. Fire another one, further their decent.

You seem like a descent person.

Things I find fascinating…

If Arkansas loses this week they will have the same record overall as Tennessee, and a worse record in conference. Yet they’ve lingered in and around the top 25 all year.

Just goes to show you that winning big early really changes the perception of your season.
Mizzou isn’t beating them.

Brooo! Getting too old for playing men down. Big reason I have plantars right now. Damn you age!
Tough scene isn't it? I'm still sore this AM. Spoke with another team that has similar issues on people being wishy washy and we will merge next season with our reliables. Should work out to having subs.

CMS didn't pull a Heupel, there. It was a long process getting the right guys. The ridiculously impatient Gators would lose their minds waiting on a process guy. Fire another one, further their descent.

Like the gone from KY, but would it take him as long at FL? I want someone totally incompetent lol.

Like the gone from KY, but would it take him as long at FL? I want someone totally incompetent lol.

No, not as long. But it's FL.
Think Stoops does the full "process" thing, including culture. That's where the "it's Florida" part comes in, lol.

But seriously, I know it was KY but his record against the worst times TN has to offer, wasn't good.
Trying for apples to apples, Vanderbilt beat us 5 out of 9 while Stoops "processed" for 2. The opportunity for more was there but he just couldn't.
Not sure Gators could get over themselves long enough.

Last edited:
Lol the closing odds against USA was -28.5. I think they know we blow bad teams out. No mercy.
I found it for -27.5 and bet it big. Of course, we won by 46, so I'm guessing Vandy will be a similar situation. I will probably bet -30.5 if I find it for that.

Danny White just seems like the right fit and just a genuine dude. Best AD since Dickey so far and a chance to be better.

So, we were able to make the drive from Central Ohio this weekend for our kids first game as well (ages 16 and 13). Got to say, the atmosphere was amazing! My wife and I took in a game about 3 years ago (Fulmer/Pruitt administration) and the difference in the experience was night and day. The product on the filed is way more exciting obviously, but the actual game day presentation was unmatched. Of course we did the Vol Walk and watched the POTSB Salute the Hill, but inside the stadium was another level. Of course the production on the field was a given, but the light show, the music, the halftime show, the video board use, all of it was outstanding. No down time at all it felt like, which to me is hard to do with all the TV timeouts.

So glad we have AD White and Coach Hype. I know the board talked about DW's previous history in building a brand, but it may have been undersold. This admin seems to know what needs done to restore the brand to it's rightful place, not just talk. Can't wait to see the renovations come to fruition, the VOLS letters back on the stadium, and the Power T continue to be restored to its rightful place in college football.

GBO!

So, pregame Saturday we sat outside the stadium listening to local sports talk radio.

No wonder our fans have such unrealistic expectations!

I don’t get those stations in Marietta.

They were talking about how we should expect 9-3 or 10-2 next year, and those would only be considered good seasons if the losses were close.

Lol

I’m still in the 7-5 is a good year next year camp. I’m fine with 7-5 for the foreseeable future. The alternative in my mind is program instability and endless coaching searches and 3-5 year rebuilds. I submit the last 15 years as evidence in support of my position.

So, pregame Saturday we sat outside the stadium listening to local sports talk radio.

No wonder our fans have such unrealistic expectations!

I don’t get those stations in Marietta.

They were talking about how we should expect 9-3 or 10-2 next year, and those would only be considered good seasons if the losses were close.

Lol

I’m still in the 7-5 is a good year next year camp. I’m fine with 7-5 for the foreseeable future. The alternative in my mind is program instability and endless coaching searches and 3-5 year rebuilds. I submit the last 15 years as evidence in support of my position.
Dang, I listen to the Knoxville stations almost everyday and haven’t heard those expectations yet

Going to real interesting to see what Hooker does. I’d love for him to be back and it’s best for our program but it’s such a weak QB class this year. When they put the list of names up during broadcast I mean I knew it was weak in general but I didn’t realize it was THAT bad. Outside of Pickett and Corral there is not much separation. Carson Strong gets a lot of talk but he never seems to do good in the big games. Those are likely your top 3 but after that it’s not out of question a guy like Hooker could leap the rest of the field based on his 2019 and 2021 seasons.

If he goes it makes us an attractive transfer target for QBs. So far you have Brennan in portal. Rattler is expected to be in. One of the Ohio St backups will most likely be in portal as Ewers is rumored to be the one. Emory Jones or AR 15 one is likely to be available. I’m sure more will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back