Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, pregame Saturday we sat outside the stadium listening to local sports talk radio.

No wonder our fans have such unrealistic expectations!

I don’t get those stations in Marietta.

They were talking about how we should expect 9-3 or 10-2 next year, and those would only be considered good seasons if the losses were close.

Lol

I’m still in the 7-5 is a good year next year camp. I’m fine with 7-5 for the foreseeable future. The alternative in my mind is program instability and endless coaching searches and 3-5 year rebuilds. I submit the last 15 years as evidence in support of my position.
Was it FanRun? Not a bash, they have the most "emotions on our sleeve" personalities. They're fans.

That being said, there are several ways to interpret "expect".
  • Set this as the bar and be disappointed if we don't meet
  • Be PREPARED for us to be this good.
One is optimism and one sets up for disappointment. I'm guessing the second bullet point above is what they meant.

i agree.

last home game, against a team we all hate, two first yr coaches in the same state. You can bet if Heupel has the chance ( and he probably will) hes going to hang as many points as possible in this finale. This isnt a middle of the yr game where you pull everyone out and and take your foot off the gas bc you have a game next week. This one could be real bad for Vandy and im pumped about it.
I'm gonna get a birthday cake that has LIGHT 'EM UP on it with 57 candles lit, and give it to him on the vol walk

everyone load your betting accounts and get ready to snatch the 1st quarter line

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
O/U is 5 regular season wins. I’ll take the under. You taking the over?

Loser donates $100 to the Amachi charity in Knoxville. If it’s a push we each give $50.

Amachi Knoxville
Fair enough.

Only addition- if we play less than 12 regular season games, the O/U goes down by .5 per game below 12. So 4.5 at 11, 4 at 10, etc.
That’ll be fine. Gentlemen’s bet ratified.

I hope you win because a bowl bid would do wonders for Heupel’s future here, but I don’t think we have the depth or talent right now.

Jack Burton lost a bet and is making good on the amount. Congrats to @Devo182 and Coach Heup!

FAD3B846-90D8-4079-9B2F-5A35B787CF74.png

Per Basilio’s blog, we have scored 110 first quarter points in our SEC games this year. Vandy has scored 88 total points in their SEC games this year.

All these ppl talking about Vandy played better against Ole Miss are leaving out the fact they still scored only 17pts which i guess for them is a huge eruption lol. I had that game on alongside the Vols game and it was clear OM was playing horrible and barely engaged. I mean Corral was throwing picks on the 1 yard line which never happens and they were missing chip shot FGs. UT will be engaged esp at home. Its gonna be fun!

All these ppl talking about Vandy played better against Ole Miss are leaving out the fact they still scored only 17pts which i guess for them is a huge eruption lol. I had that game on alongside the Vols game and it was clear OM was playing horrible and barely engaged. I mean Corral was throwing picks on the 1 yard line which never happens and they were missing chip shot FGs. UT will be engaged esp at home. Its gonna be fun!
Vandy's QB can take it to the house and they have implemented speed option...Are DEs are slow and get sucked in real easy

Vandy's QB can take it to the house and they have implemented speed option...Are DEs are slow and get sucked in real easy

But he throws like Uncle Rico. Theyll play everything based on Wrights run first tendency. Theres no pass threat to be scared of like Ole Miss or even Stetson Bennett. Also they still only scored 17 points.

Also we may be slow in some areas but if you really want to see slow then watch Vanderbilt.

But he throws like Uncle Rico. Theyll play everything based on Wrights run first tendency. Theres no pass threat to be scared of like Ole Miss or even Stetson Bennett. Also they still only scored 17 points.

Also we may be slow in some areas but if you really want to see slow then watch Vanderbilt.
We will definitely beat them and he does have a noodle arm, but he's faster than any QB we played this year and with our D, that's a lot of 3rd/4th down conversion.

Reactions: crazyguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back