Fall's Here. Expectations?

Just go walk into the Butts-Mehre building at UGA and ask your newest Defensive Analyst.

Muschamp's one of those guys who was promoted to his level of incompetency. I think his main role will be to help recruit in the state and keep stability should Lanning get a HC position. Muschamp and Smart go way, way back and both were very good players who learned under the best. Some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches.

I'm leaning 7-5, hoping 8-4, but will accept 6-6 which is most likely.
PS I'm thinking KY will begin their descent back to normality this season and lay down for us.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I agree. I think will be a lot of enthusiasm due to the offense. Pitt and Florida will be pivotal games. You face Pitt with probably a simplified offense due to newness. By Florida you should see how well players are getting it. Win both and season's looking good, more like 9-3 and COY.
Sir, there is absolutely no way we win 7 regular season games let alone 9.

O/U is 5 regular season wins. I’ll take the under. You taking the over?

Loser donates $100 to the Amachi charity in Knoxville. If it’s a push we each give $50.

Amachi Knoxville
Fair enough.

Only addition- if we play less than 12 regular season games, the O/U goes down by .5 per game below 12. So 4.5 at 11, 4 at 10, etc.

Muschamp's one of those guys who was promoted to his level of incompetency. I think his main role will be to help recruit in the state and keep stability should Lanning get a HC position. Muschamp and Smart go way, way back and both were very good players who learned under the best. Some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches.

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

Keep up, Junior. You're even embarrassing your fellow mullet-headed, jort-wearing Gator fans.

"Smart was a four-year letterman at defensive back for Georgia and a first-team All-SEC selection as a senior. He finished his career with 13 interceptions, which ranks fourth all-time at Georgia, and led the Bulldogs with six interceptions in 1997 and five in 1998. He was also a four-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll.[3] Smart graduated from Georgia in 1999 with a degree in finance."

"Muschamp attended the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. He lettered for four years and played safety from 1991 to 1994. He was a defensive team captain his senior season."

Honestly, not much. We could win 4. We could win 6. A lot of schools are well above 85 scholarship players due to extra year of eligibility and I'm pretty sure we aren't anywhere close to that thanks to the transfer portal. Depth is going to be an issue. An injury or 2 at a few positions could be crippling.

I think Heupel could end up being a really good coach. At least we'll score some points. But I'm not going to read too much into the results this year. He's stepping into a tough rebuild.

This statement is so true....we just had our taste of it from a bama Gump...

Reactions: HalfullVol
given pre-season rankings:

Tennessee (68)

vs Bowling Green (128)
vs Pitt (41)
vs Tenn. Tech (NA)
vs Florida (12)
vs Missoiri (47)
vs USCe (93)
vs Ole Miss (23)
vs Bama (1)
vs Kentucky (35)
vs Georgia (5)
vs S. Alabama (122)
vs Vandy (105)

Pre-season rankings say 5-7. How accurate will they be?
1) That’s not how record prediction works
2) what rankings are these?

Expectation at UT is to always win… at least that’s what i think. But due to fatigue off of failures of seasons past I expect 6-6

given pre-season rankings:

Tennessee (68)

vs Bowling Green (128)
vs Pitt (41)
vs Tenn. Tech (NA)
vs Florida (12)
vs Missoiri (47)
vs USCe (93)
vs Ole Miss (23)
vs Bama (1)
vs Kentucky (35)
vs Georgia (5)
vs S. Alabama (122)
vs Vandy (105)

Pre-season rankings say 5-7. How accurate will they be?

On the money.

Play hard. Play smart. Unite as a team. The wins and losses will come. Hopefully this team will do better than the last.

Fair enough.

Only addition- if we play less than 12 regular season games, the O/U goes down by .5 per game below 12. So 4.5 at 11, 4 at 10, etc.

That’ll be fine. Gentlemen’s bet ratified.

I hope you win because a bowl bid would do wonders for Heupel’s future here, but I don’t think we have the depth or talent right now.

Expectation: Don't all get Delta COVID and end up having to miss USCe or Ole Miss. With Sankey feeling his oats, we might not get rescheduled.

God Forbid we get sick for someone like S Alabama or TnTech.

And no, I'm not looking for a discussion. COVID + is + and the schools agree to the rules just like any other rules. I think it was 55? something like that scholarship players last season. Just stay above the mark, whatever it is.

I was at 4-8 a few months ago. I moved to 5-7 a few months after. I went to 6-6 right now. And I still wasn't alive when y'all won a National Championship.

Reactions: VOLCENTS1985
6-6…I say we beat the gimmes (south Alabama, Tennessee tech, bowling green), South Carolina, Vandy, and Kentucky/Pitt. Even at our worst Kentucky losses are flukes. We lost to Kentucky last year because the kids quit on Pruitt. I think there’s a chance we could knock off Pitt as well.

A lot will depend on the first game imo. If we come out playing fast and blow the doors off of BG, we might be in for a semi fun year.

VN Store

Back