Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I like the portal is for kids like this.

well get used to it because this is the new norm. fulla blue chips

115579-3012-mx.jpg

So, pregame Saturday we sat outside the stadium listening to local sports talk radio.

No wonder our fans have such unrealistic expectations!

I don’t get those stations in Marietta.

They were talking about how we should expect 9-3 or 10-2 next year, and those would only be considered good seasons if the losses were close.

Lol

I’m still in the 7-5 is a good year next year camp. I’m fine with 7-5 for the foreseeable future. The alternative in my mind is program instability and endless coaching searches and 3-5 year rebuilds. I submit the last 15 years as evidence in support of my position.
10-2 is the ceiling
Only 2 guaranteed losses but we gotta keep getting better

So, pregame Saturday we sat outside the stadium listening to local sports talk radio.

No wonder our fans have such unrealistic expectations!

I don’t get those stations in Marietta.

They were talking about how we should expect 9-3 or 10-2 next year, and those would only be considered good seasons if the losses were close.

Lol

I’m still in the 7-5 is a good year next year camp. I’m fine with 7-5 for the foreseeable future. The alternative in my mind is program instability and endless coaching searches and 3-5 year rebuilds. I submit the last 15 years as evidence in support of my position.

Yes, if we can maintain the success/momentum we've built this season that's a win. 7-5 is good, 8-4 is great, 9-3 or better is incredible.

Going to real interesting to see what Hooker does. I’d love for him to be back and it’s best for our program but it’s such a weak QB class this year. When they put the list of names up during broadcast I mean I knew it was weak in general but I didn’t realize it was THAT bad. Outside of Pickett and Corral there is not much separation. Carson Strong gets a lot of talk but he never seems to do good in the big games. Those are likely your top 3 but after that it’s not out of question a guy like Hooker could leap the rest of the field based on his 2019 and 2021 seasons.

If he goes it makes us an attractive transfer target for QBs. So far you have Brennan in portal. Rattler is expected to be in. One of the Ohio St backups will most likely be in portal as Ewers is rumored to be the one. Emory Jones or AR 15 one is likely to be available. I’m sure more will be available.
If he leaves, we will be stuck in transition phase again by Florida game time...which will suck.

Unless...Back Alley Joe's switch flips on...I ain't holding my breath on that one, especially since Velus is gone, and Tillman is probably gone.

Reactions: Brillovol
10-2 is the ceiling
Only 2 guaranteed losses but we gotta keep getting better
Next year is going to be treading water at best...too much loss off an already thin team. We are going to have to get used to this until we get at least 2-3 full classes in and get them developed. I don’t think depending on the portal for rejects is going to be the answer for long term success. We have to get several good solid classes of high schoolers in the process.

By no means do I think we struggle with Vandy but don't believe we will cover the 30 to 31 point range, been burned by the late td too many times. Food for thought for all you bettors out there..

Reactions: chargervol
By no means do I think we struggle with Vandy but don't believe we will cover the 30 to 31 point range, been burned by the late td too many times. Food for thought for all you bettors out there..
I was hoping that Ole Miss would run them all over the field but it was a lot more controlled than I expected.

Reactions: barrylee

I'm not so sure, isn't it Senior Night?

I also think Evans will try to play to put more tape out since rumor is he wants to enter the draft. So if he plays hard he could have a huge rushing game to end his UT career on a high note.

I'm not so sure, isn't it Senior Night?

I also think Evans will try to play to put more tape out since rumor is he wants to enter the draft. So if he plays hard he could have a huge rushing game to end his UT career on a high note.
you would think so, but the times that I've brought it up, or sought insight, it just sounds like he made his mind up weeks ago and has shut everything down to rehab/prep for scout szn

If he leaves, we will be stuck in transition phase again by Florida game time...which will suck.

Unless...Back Alley Joe's switch flips on...I ain't holding my breath on that one, especially since Velus is gone, and Tillman is probably gone.
He has looked some better the last two games. I agree that it is still going to be a long way before that light truly comes on, if it ever does.

If I can just get word to Heupel that we're 57 away from the all-time scoring record, I think we'll win big.

i agree.

last home game, against a team we all hate, two first yr coaches in the same state. You can bet if Heupel has the chance ( and he probably will) hes going to hang as many points as possible in this finale. This isnt a middle of the yr game where you pull everyone out and and take your foot off the gas bc you have a game next week. This one could be real bad for Vandy and im pumped about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back