Pruitt Post-game comments on VolNetwork

It didn't have to be Bailey. We could have gone after a juco, transfer, or been capable of developing someone on the roster.

None of thar has happened under this coaching staff.

We backed off a transfer to keep Ty sims happy. Hopefully it pays off

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
It didn't have to be Bailey. We could have gone after a juco, transfer, or been capable of developing someone on the roster.

None of thar has happened under this coaching staff.
Could this staff win with Stetson Bennett?
GBO!!

Well that’s disappointing. I’d have more respect for CJP if he could find another spot for his friend. He obviously isn’t working out here. Speaks volumes to me that he’d be so protective of him if he was indeed such an OL guru. He should be able to catch on anywhere else if he’s so damn good. Sounds like he’s giving him a place to hide hoping the lights come on. Jmo.

I hope I'm wrong because I agree. Friend ain't getting it done. Too much taken on this offensive line to look as ill prepared as we did today

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
Last year, one could realistically claim that Pruitt was blindsided by JG‘s poor in game performance and was stuck with him as the best option. But there is no excuse for making the same mistake this year and not using the off season to find a serviceable Grad transfer who could at least keep the team afloat. Criminal negligence that we don’t have a ready to go replacement. Why is it that every SEC team except TN can go three and four deep on their qb roster until they find someone who can get the job done? Think about that for a while.

It won't be with a backup QB. JG played well today when he had time to throw minus one bad INT. The first fumble was also bad but he was just trying to make a play.

Every fumble was bad. He still cannot tell where the pressure is coming from. He doesn’t throw receivers open. He locks into a receiver and is oblivious as to what is going on around him. It’s the same tune, just a different year. He tries to do too much instead of eating the ball or throwing it away.

Reactions: GoBears
You gotta go with the player that performs the best in practice. If you don't, the players will see that and not believe practice is important. If someone wants to take the job, they're gonna have to in practice. And sure maybe they could of thrown a guy in there for the last two drives but whatever. I don't think it would of made a difference either way
BUT Practices are not translating to games.....he is not accurate or fast when throwing against a real defense.....against air he is even inaccurate but harder to tell without the passes being challenged.....

Elite 11 said from HS....against equal talent JG before more inaccurate and inconsistent

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Last year, one could realistically claim that Pruitt was blindsided by JG‘s poor in game performance and was stuck with him as the best option. But there is no excuse for making the same mistake this year and not using the off season to find a serviceable Grad transfer who could at least keep the team afloat. Criminal negligence that we don’t have a ready to go replacement. Why is it that every SEC team except TN can go three and four deep on their qb roster until they find someone who can get the job done? Think about that for a while.
Didn’t we try that 3 years ago? Not sure that guy had much success here either.
GBO!!

Good thing the kid is only worried about a crowded QB room and not getting throttled by your “rivals!”
GBO!!

Hey I wanted us to take the transfer. I thought it was soft to back away from it to keep a 22 recruit happy

But to be fair that transfer isn't even starting over a walk on

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Hey I wanted us to take the transfer. I thought it was soft to back away from it keep a 22 recruit happy
I know and I also know you’re a good poster on this site and didn’t mean that as a personal attack. I’m just in a p!$$y mood tonight and saw the opportunity for a $m@rt@$$ remark.
GBO!!

Didn’t we try that 3 years ago? Not sure that guy had much success here either.
GBO!!
The fact that the coaches do not think that they have any better choice that the product that they have four years of performance to review is mind boggling. At least a grad transfer would give us another option. If we have nothing even close to JG we are screwed. A competent SEC Coach always has a stable to qbs to go to in an emergency. And what happened in the second half tonight was an emergency. And the only clear take away is that Pruitt has no realistic plan B. You can claim that Pruitt‘s handling of the QB situation last year was a new coach mistake. For him to be in the exact same predicament in the subsequent season is amateurish beyond belief.

If you think we should be on that level that UGA defense was on you don't know football. That D is best in the nation.
UGA defense is really good . They made Auburn look atrocious too. That said, our offense looked utterly lost in the second half, almost as bad as our 2018 team. Plenty of blame to go around, starting at the top.

The fact that the coaches do not think that they have any better choice that the product that they have four years of performance to review is mind boggling. At least a grad transfer would give us another option. If we have nothing even close to JG we are screwed. A competent SEC Coach always has a stable to qbs to go to in an emergency. And what happened in the second half tonight was an emergency. And the only clear take away is that Pruitt has no realistic plan B. You can claim that Pruitt‘s handling of the QB situation last year was a new coach mistake. For him to be in the exact same predicament in the subsequent season is amateurish beyond belief.
I heard someone earlier say the only explanation is that Butch paid JG to come here 5 years ago and Pruitt knows it and doesn’t want to jeopardize the future of his program by making JG mad and giving him reason to spill his guts. Now I’m into conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, but that seemed far fetched to me until I started to sober up and really think about it...
GBO!!

Who do you fear? The UA team that has given up 42 to Alabama so far? The UF team with no defense?

Seriously, who do we fear?

Both of those teams have elite offense though. Do you trust us winning shootouts

I've said for 3 years (at least) we will never win big with JG at QB. When things are going good he's smiles and pep. When things go South he sulks. No leadership.

That being said...our OL sucked today. Maybe Pruitt should make his friend the OL coach accountable for that clown show today.

VN Store

Back