Pruitt Post-game comments on VolNetwork

You've seen JG play. He has never been ready, yet he plays. I think common sense is on back-order at UT.

The point is he's the most ready, that's why he's playing. People think Pruitt has this like die hard loyalty to JG and it's just laughable.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
It won't be with a backup QB. JG played well today when he had time to throw minus one bad INT. The first fumble was also bad but he was just trying to make a play.
They figured out that you just send an extra guy on the blitz because JG can’t read the field and get the ball out quickly. They did it over and over, but all he could do was stare down the first guy he looked at and force it. Basically what he’s done for like 5yrs now. You can’t be one dimensional against a defense like this and we decided we were gonna be pass happy early on.

The point is he's the most ready, that's why he's playing. People think Pruitt has this like die hard loyalty to JG and it's just laughable.
Fact, one can practice well and yet it doesn't translate to the playing field (JG) and vice verse. Difference between practice and live game is the speed and contact. Some just have the game day it factor that makes up for the poor practice performance. You can easily see the moment when JG checked out of the game this evening. He has no Moxy or swagger. He is the equivalent of a boxers sparring partner, nothing more.

They figured out that you just send an extra guy on the blitz because JG can’t read the field and get the ball out quickly. They did it over and over, but all he could do was stare down the first guy he looked at and force it. Basically what he’s done for like 5yrs now. You can’t be one dimensional against a defense like this and we decided we were gonna be pass happy early on.

Still on the blockers for not picking up an extra guy. Shouldn't be an at this point.

Fact, one can practice well and yet it doesn't translate to the playing field (JG) and vice verse. Difference between practice and live game is the speed and contact. Some just have the game day it factor that makes up for the poor practice performance. You can easily see the moment when JG checked out of the game this evening. He has no Moxy or swagger. He is the equivalent of a boxers sparring partner, nothing more.

Okay sure. JG checked out of the game? Why? Because he wasn't smiling and all happy his oline decided not to block from him? Dude give it up. THERE IS NO OTHER QB. So it's waste of breath. And it's not fair to JG to put all of the blame on him. Dude is one of the toughest competitors on the team and you implied he checked out and quit? Good grief

And coaches are gonna play the dude that practices the best. You have to. If another QB practices better than JG, he will play. It ain't rocket science

There is nothing I saw today that makes me want to act crazy and question Pruitt like people did after 0-2 start last year. Peeps are insane. Pruitt ain’t trying to put lipstick on this pig today.
You may have missed this, but Pruitt is responsible for that pig. He gets $3.9 million per year to be responsible for it.

Any of y’all, for one second, think that if it was obvious, from a pure football perspective, that JG needed to sit that CPF wouldn’t sit Pruitt down and make him aware? I bet Friend is gone by mid-season. Phil understands OL as well as anyone in the country.

And how many plays have you seen Bailey play? You don't know and neither do they. Ga qb today was nu. 3 on the depth chart at beginning of season, and because of covid and very poor play of the number 2 he gets to play. At least Kirby did change from 2 to nu. 3

None but I have seen all of JGs for the last 5 years and his body of work is established. Not gonna get it done ever. We would have been better off in the wild cat with Gray or Chandler. We would still lose but the Score wouldn’t be as bad.

Whose job is it to have another QB ready to play? I mean JG has been here for years and they haven't been able to get another guy ready to go. Meanwhile Georgia is playing a walk on with 4 passes in his career coming into the year who started the year 4th string on the depth chart.

You may have missed this, but Pruitt is responsible for that pig. He gets $3.9 million per year to be responsible for it.
He just beat SCar and Missouri. That’s not the bar- I get it.

But we are not at UGA’s level. We will be, if we keep recruiting well. But we’re not yet.

Flame away.

Okay sure. JG checked out of the game? Why? Because he wasn't smiling and all happy his oline decided not to block from him? Dude give it up. THERE IS NO OTHER QB. So it's waste of breath. And it's not fair to JG to put all of the blame on him. Dude is one of the toughest competitors on the team and you implied he checked out and quit? Good grief

And coaches are gonna play the dude that practices the best. You have to. If another QB practices better than JG, he will play. It ain't rocket science
Spoken like a true JG fanboy, sorry reality is a disappointment for you. You can be a tough competitor and still not be a leader, but I wouldn't expect someone like you to recognize leadership qualities. Also, blaming the line for his turnovers is a joke.

I think it was just a bad game. Our secondary kept UGA in it in the first half with penalties that extended drives. I think our offense was outmanned and didn’t show up. Wanya Morris alone got beat at least 5 times that I saw. We just didn’t show up and when JG put us in tight spots in the 3rd with turnovers, our defense wore down. It’s actually simple in my eyes. I’m not worried we lost to #3. We were 7-5 last season let’s just keep getting better. Damn, ya’ll are trying to fire people over here 😂😂😂

Any of y’all, for one second, think that if it was obvious, from a pure football perspective, that JG needed to sit that CPF wouldn’t sit Pruitt down and make him aware? I bet Friend is gone by mid-season. Phil understands OL as well as anyone in the country.

Phil needs to keep his nose out of it.

How else would you explain why he is still trotting him out there to play?? What about when the game was out of hand today, why not someone else, see what they could do? Not even giving them a chance when the game has been decided, I just don't understand that unless hc is afraid they will look better than jg.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
How else would you explain why he is still trotting him out there to play?? What about when the game was out of hand today, why not someone else, see what they could do? Not even giving them a chance when the game has been decided, I just don't understand that unless hc is afraid they will look better than jg.

You gotta go with the player that performs the best in practice. If you don't, the players will see that and not believe practice is important. If someone wants to take the job, they're gonna have to in practice. And sure maybe they could of thrown a guy in there for the last two drives but whatever. I don't think it would of made a difference either way

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ

VN Store

Back