Pruitt Post-game comments on VolNetwork

We need someone who recognizes coverages, makes the right reads and simply THROW THE BALL well. That’s the quarterback position. Best QB in the game does that best of all. Mobility is a bonus but not at the expense of what makes a field general. Shawn Robinson is very mobile...why’d Drinkowich replace him?
I get what is fundamentally required from the QB position, so assuming Shrout is next up, can he move better than JG? I admit I haven't seen enough of him to know.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Kesling asked him his thoughts on the game and Pruitt replied, “ It p***** me off”

Thoughts?
If we can’t run the ball then It will be difficult to pass the ball! Ask Leach how good Miss St is after game 3 of not running the ball! They scored 2 pts at Kentucky yesterday! They lost to freaking Arkansas last week that hadn’t won an SEC game in over 2 yrs. You have to run to throw and you have to throw to run! SEC coaches and players are to good to be one dimensional on offense! They stopped our run game yesterday!

I get what is fundamentally required from the QB position, so assuming Shrout is next up, can he move better than JG? I admit I haven't seen enough of him to know.
He had to run for his life his senior year of high school...but that’s not on this level. Doesn’t indicate that he’s a statue in the limited touches we’ve witnessed, but he’s not as mobile as Maurer. I think Guarantano has better legs but running from the QB spot requires instincts.

Reactions: m1al
He had to run for his life his senior year of high school...but that’s not on this level. Doesn’t indicate that he’s a statue in the limited touches we’ve witnessed, but he’s not as mobile as Maurer. I think Guarantano has better legs but running from the QB spot requires instincts.
Which JG definitely lacks.

I don’t think they will. Yes they should. Said the same thing during last season and I feel Pruitt proved me wrong.
Agree, I don't think they will either but I do believe it's time to move on. Past time actually..

Support the team or leave! They made adjustments that beat us... Hell Qb spent time on his Ass! Georgia was just the better team. Plus horrible calls by refs.

And here we go.

Excuse machine working overtime.

I honestly don’t think Shrout or Maurer are next man up. I think it’s Bailey and that’s part of the reason JG finished the game last night. IMO, given a normal preseason, you would’ve seen Bailey make his debut in the 2nd half of that game last night. I just don’t feel there’s that much of a difference between JG, Shrout and Maurer. With that said, I don’t think it would’ve made a difference who Pruitt trotted out on the field to take the snaps, Georgia’s defense had our number and whipped us all night!
GBO!!

Exactly but give him a quick throw. We are trying to run slow progressing deep routes and our OL can’t block.

How about a draw to check an over zealous blitz? Some motion to pull a LB out and open up a running lane?
How about a QB draw, an keeper, bootleg...? Oh wait JG can’t run.

You guys on here blaming JG are absolutely clueless. He had both hands on the ball when Georgia came swiping. Our tackles played slow and got beat too many times to the outside. JG wasn’t holding on to the ball to long either. A QB should expect 3 seconds especially with this line. We get beat upfront bad and those who know football know that’s what will be focused on this week. If you don’t understand football stop coming in here and blasting the wrong people. That same line gave us no push in the rushing game. I’m just surprised how bad they played

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
You guys on here blaming JG are absolutely clueless. He had both hands on the ball when Georgia came swiping. Our tackles played slow and got beat too many times to the outside. JG wasn’t holding on to the ball to long either. A QB should expect 3 seconds especially with this line. We get beat upfront bad and those who know football know that’s what will be focused on this week. If you don’t understand football stop coming in here and blasting the wrong people. That same line gave us no push in the rushing game. I’m just surprised how bad they played

So JG has little baby hands and therefor he is not at fault because his hands are not adult hands?

10-4 👍🇺🇸

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
No QB on Earth (and certainly not on our roster) would of done much better. Like for real man. I know you hate the kid, but lord. He threw two absolute dimes to Palmer the two times he had a clean pocket all game lol
1) we don't know how the other qbs would have done because they didn't get a chance

2) one was an absolute dime. The other Palmer went out and made a play.

I know we are all upset and doing a lot of finger pointing, so I think it would only be right to call out some others. First, Henry T is a baller, nuff said. Second, our defensive front turned in a pretty damn solid effort.
GBO!!

Kesling asked him his thoughts on the game and Pruitt replied, “ It p***** me off”

Thoughts?
He should be, but honestly he should be embarrassed by having his a.. handed to him 3 years straight by the top tier programs. Vol fans want and deserve more than this.

Sitting here watching the Bama and Ole miss while following this thread it has come to my attention, why is it as TN fans we expect our O-line to give our QB more time in the pocket? Have we become accustomed to JG needing three forevers to throw the ball? Ole Miss QB is literally three and 5 step drop and the ball is out of his hands and he is moving the ball on Bama. By no means am I saying our o-line played a good game but at the same time we can't expect them to perform miracles with JG taking the snaps? I am willing to bet that JG can make even the best O-line look like garbage at times.
Heard that was the most points scored in an SEC game all in regulation. It was also the most points allowed by an Alabama team in the AP era.....1937.

Anybody who wants to see what is wrong with UT and our QB go watch the Ole Miss/UA game. We have more talent at almost every position than Ole Miss, but their quarterback is making an Alabama defense, which looks a lot like Georgia, play straight up. He is mobile, quick, accurate and smart and he throws on time. He probably doesn't have the "live arm" that Guarantano has, but boy is he keeping the Alabama defense honest.
They have a "scatback" too. Don't we have a guy...the kick returner...#1 I think. He needs to be in the backfield. I was surprised at how wide open Bama left the edge and Ole Miss would run that way with their fast guy. Saban also said he thought they were stealing the defensive signals.

Still on the blockers for not picking up an extra guy. Shouldn't be an at this point.
More like a couple of couples of extra guys. Eventually they just sent the house with 2 blitzers sprinting at the line and JG snapping it right before they got there. Funny that as aggressive as they were, they did not have an offside penalty. That's because JG never drew them offsides! Things that make you go hmmmm. Just thought about the fact that JG isn't going to be in the NFL.....Why do you have the ball snapped right as the full speed blitzers are almost there?

8-4 will be are record. We are in year 15 of this rebuilding project. Just give a few more coaches and years .
Mack Brown lost to Clemson 21-20 in his first year at UNC with the previous coaches recruits.
Not saying fire our coach just saying we need results.
Getting boat raced in a half everytime we play Florida, Ga, and Alabama is becoming a seasonal thing . Kind of like spring , fall, winter and summer. You just know it's coming.

8-4 will be are record. We are in year 15 of this rebuilding project. Just give a few more coaches and years .
Mack Brown lost to Clemson 21-20 in his first year at UNC with the previous coaches recruits.
Not saying fire our coach just saying we need results.
Getting boat raced in a half everytime we play Florida, Ga, and Alabama is becoming a seasonal thing . Kind of like spring , fall, winter and summer. You just know it's coming.

Not 8-4 since we don't play 12.
7-3, more like it.

VN Store

Back