Pruitt Post-game comments on VolNetwork

Chaney absolutely did not earn any of his $1.6m in this game. Adjustments in game? Blocking schemes? Game pace? What ever he did in the day, aint happening in 2020.
Chaney's offense is SO predictable. To him, pulling a guard or splitting the rb as a wr is a trick play. He is milking a fat paycheck off of UT and treating his career as a cash cow.

Reactions: 08Vol and Alto1
To'o To'o should step up and bitch out the entire offense for keeping his dudes on the field all game, especially JG. I am willing to bet the entire team respects him more and his words carry more weight as a Sophmore than JG's as a Senior.
Senior...hell JG will be the only QB in history who is starting next season who is also a graduate assistant...thanks to Covid. I mean seriously...dude will be back next year, smh!

Reactions: 08Vol and Alto1
The OL was horrible! Everybody was saying all week how big & strong & how great this OL is. They are terrible & cannot block!
They went up against the best defense by far in the SEC today...Hell, Bama gave up 647 yards, which is unbelievable given their high level of recruiting over the years...Hopefully, they will look a lot better going forward.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
UT is paying Chaney, Weinke, and Tee way too much money to not have an actual SEC-capable QB in year three.
That’s so true and what is it about our offense that’s so hard to learn ?? Looks pretty damn generic to me. Shouldn’t take years to learn off tackle handoffs and 50/50 throws. Maybe they haven’t learned to throw a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 8 yet. SMDH

That’s so true and what is it about our offense that’s so hard to learn ?? Looks pretty damn generic to me. Shouldn’t take years to learn off tackle handoffs and 50/50 throws. Maybe they haven’t learned to throw a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 8 yet. SMDH

It's is about as vanilla as it gets in CFB today. Whether that is Chaney being stuck in his ways, or a limitation of the personnel, I don't know, but he was called out at Georgia for having a similar old school approach, so I tend to lean towards this being Chaney's call.

Ok...so a guy like Bennett ...a 3rd stringer w very few practice snaps w 1st team can lead the 3rd ranked team in the nation as their legit title contending QB ...how is that much different from what Bailey would be coming into? I'm sure he's studied Chaneys offense and knows what to do. Why keep a potential stud QB like Bailey sitting on the bench? Lets find out what he's got. Honestly...can it be worse than what JG is giving us in this quicksand offense? Seriously. Can it be worse? Is Bailey gonna give away more points than he scores? I doubt it.

Friend's job is on the line if the offensive line does not open up more holes and pass protects better as the season goes along.

Ok...so a guy like Bennett ...a 3rd stringer w very few practice snaps w 1st team can lead the 3rd ranked team in the nation as their legit title contending QB ...how is that much different from what Bailey would be coming into? I'm sure he's studied Chaneys offense and knows what to do. Why keep a potential stud QB like Bailey sitting on the bench? Lets find out what he's got. Honestly...can it be worse than what JG is giving us in this quicksand offense? Seriously. Can it be worse? Is Bailey gonna give away more points than he scores? I doubt it.

Exactly. I doubt Malzahn regrets finding out what they had in their freshman last year. Mike Leach went to a true freshman today in his crazy system. Dan Mullen used Emery Jones as a freshman I think? North Carolina went to a freshman last year, seems to be working out ok.

Reactions: 08Vol
Friend's job is on the line if the offensive line does not open up more holes and pass protects better as the season goes along.

He and Pruitt are good buddies so Pruitt will never fire him. This is just Butch Jones hiring his incompetent friends all over again.

Reactions: Power T-1000
Quarterback play matters. If you put JG in an Old Miss uniform tonight, there is no way they play Bama as close as they did. If you put JG in a Bama uniform tonight, I’m not sure this game ends the way it did.
I'll play devil's advocate then. With that huge hole on this team why hasn't that hole been addressed?

Exactly. I doubt Malzahn regrets finding out what they had in their freshman last year. Mike Leach went to a true freshman today in his crazy system. Dan Mullen used Emery Jones as a freshman I think? North Carolina went to a freshman last year, seems to be working out ok.
The vaunted great leach air raid that everyone was raving about after 1 game has crashed and burnt. They scored a whopping 2 today against kentucky. Florida looks great on offense but their D has looked terrible in every game so far this year. But while I knew LSU lost a lot of folks they have had great recruiting classes and their D looks more lost than Mississippi's does. Aside from Bama and Georgia I see no clear cut number 3 yet. Time will tell. GBO!

I don’t give a s*** what he says. Third year in and still getting blown out by teams that matter.

I just don't understand this. Loss hurt and he's ultimately responsible but for the first time in a long time we competed against one of the best teams in the country. JG is not Josh Dobbs or even Tyler Bray but if Chaney protects him and lets him shake off the turnover, we still have a chance at the beginning of the fourth quarter. For the first time in over a decade, we look like a genuine top tier SEC team.

I was as sceptical as anyone on Pruitt when hired, despite him being Fulmer's man. I thought beginning of Y2 was all the proof needed. I was wrong. Pruitt is the best coach we've had since Fulmer and it's not even close. We lost to one of the best teams in the country in their stadium. Our OC didn't help our QB at all in the second half.

RIP EVH.

VN Store

Back