Pruitt Post-game comments on VolNetwork

Anybody who wants to see what is wrong with UT and our QB go watch the Ole Miss/UA game. We have more talent at almost every position than Ole Miss, but their quarterback is making an Alabama defense, which looks a lot like Georgia, play straight up. He is mobile, quick, accurate and smart and he throws on time. He probably doesn't have the "live arm" that Guarantano has, but boy is he keeping the Alabama defense honest.

I think the bigger line was "we're gonna have a scrimmage tomorrow [...] the ones who don't want to play or who can't execute we're gonna replace." I'm paraphrasing there, but that's about what he said. I thought that was the sharpest line of the post-game presser.
except for JG, of course.
Kidding, kinda

Anybody who wants to see what is wrong with UT and our QB go watch the Ole Miss/UA game. We have more talent at almost every position than Ole Miss, but their quarterback is making an Alabama defense, which looks a lot like Georgia, play straight up. He is mobile, quick, accurate and smart and he throws on time. He probably doesn't have the "live arm" that Guarantano has, but boy is he keeping the Alabama defense honest.
Was about to post the same thing

Lane knows offense.

Pruitts FIRST win over someoe we shouldn't, will be his FIRST! Sorry display of coaching in the 2nd half. OL SUCKED ****!!! 4 5 stars and a 4 star and THIS IS WHAT WE GET???? He's still a Gump till he's not.

Just STFU. You are just dumb.

I long for the day when my trips to VolNation don’t consist primarily of venting sessions following 20+ point losses.

But I keep reminding myself that GA is really good. I just thought that game would be respectably competitive. It really wasn’t. Even though it seemed like it was in the first half. Only a botched GA snap and two miraculous 4th down stops kept us from being down by at least 14 at the half. After halftime, it looked like a Butch Jones team.

Reactions: 08Vol
No QB on Earth (and certainly not on our roster) would of done much better. Like for real man. I know you hate the kid, but lord. He threw two absolute dimes to Palmer the two times he had a clean pocket all game lol
That’s the worst part. It would be much easier to just blame the QB. It’s on our line for not being able to protect or get push and open holes on running plays.

Reactions: 1967vol and volme
Commented on this game earlier in the thread. Another big difference is that the football is out of the QB's hands quick, O-line doesn't have to hold it all day. QB is decisive in where he wants to throw the ball, unlike JG. When you can read what is given you and commit then you only need your line to give you enough time to drop back or if shotgun, time for your receiver to make his break. QB has to lead the receiver or throw him open which JG rarely does.

Sitting here watching the Bama and Ole miss while following this thread it has come to my attention, why is it as TN fans we expect our O-line to give our QB more time in the pocket? Have we become accustomed to JG needing three forevers to throw the ball? Ole Miss QB is literally three and 5 step drop and the ball is out of his hands and he is moving the ball on Bama. By no means am I saying our o-line played a good game but at the same time we can't expect them to perform miracles with JG taking the snaps? I am willing to bet that JG can make even the best O-line look like garbage at times.

People on here have been making excuses for JG for 3 years. One of the go to’s is “the O line doesn’t give him enough time.” They don’t want to accept that he is a bad QB and the coaching staff has failed to develop a reliable starter after almost 3 years.

Better talent beats lesser talent most games. GA has much better talent than we do. Oh, AL and FL do as well. Hence we are 0-7 against them to date uder Pruitt.

Same old song. Different day................

Pruitt will never have better talent than them if he can’t beat them first. There was no reason to hire a coach that must have the best talent to win if he wasn’t also the best recruiter in the nation.
Kirby recruited a better class in his first year at UGA than all 3 of Pruitt’s combined.

JG ain't the guy if you're talking about leading us to a title. But we don't have a guy that will do that. JG is the guy if you want us to have the best possible season this year though. Is what it is

And how many plays have you seen Bailey play? You don't know and neither do they. Ga qb today was nu. 3 on the depth chart at beginning of season, and because of covid and very poor play of the number 2 he gets to play. At least Kirby did change from 2 to nu. 3

My exact thoughts

Reactions: Big Al Orange
And how many plays have you seen Bailey play? You don't know and neither do they. Ga qb today was nu. 3 on the depth chart at beginning of season, and because of covid and very poor play of the number 2 he gets to play. At least Kirby did change from 2 to nu. 3

I haven't seen Bailey play but the coaches have. So if he was ready I believe he would be playing. Common sense isn't it?

Agree. I don’t know if they can’t or the won’t. At times tonight it looked to me like they didn’t even try to get in the way. This is a coaching issue also. I don’t care how many stars some one had if they can’t even get in between the defender and the Quarterback and at least slow them down that seems to be more of a won’t to issue. At times tonight the O—line was just standing and watching the show.
Maybe they're ready for a QB change too

VN Store

Back