Pruitt Post-game comments on VolNetwork

Uh no, he threw 50/50 balls that Palmer turned into 100/0 balls, JG's 2nd half lost me forever, I don't care if you are under duress, you don't turn the ball over 4 times

Yeah yeah you have your narrative you won't change it so I won't waste my breath

Thats the problem though..jg trying to make a play. That usually doesn't work. He is ok if he sticks to his script..but if the game requires QB heroics or real leadership, JG ain't the guy.

JG ain't the guy if you're talking about leading us to a title. But we don't have a guy that will do that. JG is the guy if you want us to have the best possible season this year though. Is what it is

Reactions: N.ohio vol
I think the bigger line was "we're gonna have a scrimmage tomorrow [...] the ones who don't want to play or who can't execute we're gonna replace." I'm paraphrasing there, but that's about what he said. I thought that was the sharpest line of the post-game presser.

Except for JG. The ultimate un-executioner.

Anyone who thinks we go 3-7 after that game can go ahead and turn in their Vol card. 7-3 is the floor on this team.

If we have to resort to a backup QB it's a possibility. We can achieve 7-3 but you're nuts if that's your floor. The only automatic W is Vandy. Should beat Arkansas and Kentucky. Auburn and A&M are going to be tough. UF could be a shootout. We ain't touching Bama.

I mean, we've been told that as long as JG has at least a 60% completion percentage, nothing else matters right?

He can maybe get us to 5-5 or remotely 6-4... but his limitations are there for the world to see by this point. And a team like Ga doesn’t even have to be too concerned when he hit the two long ones. They know that if they keep applying the pressure, he will crack...and he did.

But, Chaney might deserve even more blame. When his QB started struggling, he should have dialed it back instead of forcing the issue. Even running three times and punting is better than a turnover. It also would help his QB to settle down.

If we have to resort to a backup QB it's a possibility. We can achieve 7-3 but you're nuts if that's your floor. The only automatic W is Vandy. Should beat Arkansas and Kentucky. Auburn and A&M are going to be tough. UF could be a shootout. We ain't touching Bama.
We beat Bama. Catch up with me in 2 weeks.

Yeah. All we did last time was rattle off 7 in a row. Scrub.

Lol. I'm out. Cry it all out boys. Kentucky next week.

7 in a row against teams with a combined losing record.

That dog won't hunt against UGA, Bama, and UF. As we have seen with JG at QB.

Name me the SEC team that would like to swap their QB for JG. Take your time...

He can maybe get us to 5-5 or remotely 6-4... but his limitations are there for the world to see by this point. And a team like Ga doesn’t even have to be too concerned when he hit the two long ones. They know that if they keep applying the pressure, he will crack...and he did.

But, Chaney might deserve even more blame. When his QB started struggling, he should have dialed it back instead of forcing the issue. Even running three times and punting is better than a turnover. It also would help his QB to settle down.

Play-calling was hot garbage. Chaney convinced himself that his game plan should work and stuck to it in spite of reality. At no point did it ever look like the offense was going to start executing it successfully, and yet he seemed to make little to no adjustments. The wheels just blew off when the pressure got to JG.

Arkansas played UGA tough for a half as well and they almost beat Auburn. There is no guarantee we beat ARK or KY. If UF is a shootout then JG isn't your guy!

Play-calling was hot garbage. Chaney convinced himself that his game plan should work and stuck to it in spite of reality. At no point did it ever look like the offense was going to start executing it successfully, and yet he seemed to make little to no adjustments. The wheels just blew off when the pressure got to JG.

I agree with you completely.

Reactions: onthehill71
Arkansas played UGA tough for a half as well and they almost beat Auburn. There is no guarantee we beat ARK or KY. If UF is a shootout then JG isn't your guy!

I just said we SHOULD beat Arkansas and UK. I didn't guarantee it. The only guarantee win left is Vandy

But what about an OL that cant Block?
Agree. I don’t know if they can’t or the won’t. At times tonight it looked to me like they didn’t even try to get in the way. This is a coaching issue also. I don’t care how many stars some one had if they can’t even get in between the defender and the Quarterback and at least slow them down that seems to be more of a won’t to issue. At times tonight the O—line was just standing and watching the show.

JG's post-game conference probably disappointed many, "I am sick to my stomach. This is one of my last opportunities versus Georgia." The dude is coming back because he isn't NFL caliber and got hang to the pinnacle of his career as AL Bundy does to Polk High.

VN Store

Back