Pruitt Post-game comments on VolNetwork

You gotta go with the player that performs the best in practice. If you don't, the players will see that and not believe practice is important. If someone wants to take the job, they're gonna have to in practice. And sure maybe they could of thrown a guy in there for the last two drives but whatever. I don't think it would of made a difference either way

That is my exact point it would have made no difference in the outcome of this game if he had pulled him in the 4th qtr. What it would do is give one of the qb game experience for the future. And this game was out of hand early in the 4th qtr.

Reactions: igotworms
I think if JG plays badly against Kentucky, Pruitt will bench him for Maurer. He did it last year and Maurer gave us a spark. Don't see why this year would be any different unless BM just got worse or something.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Exactly but give him a quick throw. We are trying to run slow progressing deep routes and our OL can’t block.

How about a draw to check an over zealous blitz? Some motion to pull a LB out and open up a running lane?
But we’re just nobodies, posting on a message board. We’re not getting paid millions to coach...
GBO!!

I understand you’re frustrated, and pissed off. I do- because I am too.

But which QB should be out there?

I don't know, can't say. I know if Shrout so much as farts in Pruitt's general direction he will have to sit. Maurer seems incapable of staying healthy in the SEC. HB would likely have a painful learning curve. I'm no coach, but we supposedly have some. Give someone a chance. Maybe someone who can run a little if need be.

I think if JG plays badly against Kentucky, Pruitt will bench him for Maurer. He did it last year and Maurer gave us a spark. Don't see why this year would be any different unless BM just got worse or something.

If you will remember last year, at the exact time Maurer got his start is when the whole team played with much more intensity, and played much better, he gave the team the spark that actually carried them thru the rest of the year.

I don't know, can't say. I know if Shrout so much as farts in Pruitt's general direction he will have to sit. Maurer seems incapable of staying healthy in the SEC. HB would likely have a painful learning curve. I'm no coach, but we supposedly have some. Give someone a chance. Maybe someone who can run a little if need be.

Absolutely, last year if Strout almost had a turnover he would pull him, he didn't have to have a turnover, but just almost and he would be pulled. And I agree about Maurer, I think he has staying healthy issues.

Reactions: igotworms and sona
If you will remember last year, at the exact time Maurer got his start is when the whole team played with much more intensity, and played much better, he gave the team the spark that actually carried them thru the rest of the year.

I absolutely remember. Hope he can give us the same spark if he gets in this year.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
To'o To'o should step up and bitch out the entire offense for keeping his dudes on the field all game, especially JG. I am willing to bet the entire team respects him more and his words carry more weight as a Sophmore than JG's as a Senior.
A lot of truth in that statement!

Any of y’all, for one second, think that if it was obvious, from a pure football perspective, that JG needed to sit that CPF wouldn’t sit Pruitt down and make him aware? I bet Friend is gone by mid-season. Phil understands OL as well as anyone in the country.

Phil needs to be hands off unless Pruitt comes to him first. It's going to take a lot happening, and I mean a lot, for Pruitt to get rid of Friend. Those two go back a ways.

Perhaps they've been reading too many headlines about how good they are. Hopefully this humbled them a bit
No doubt. I listened to an hour of sports talk radio the other day where they were trying to come up with a cute nickname for them. After about 50 callers, I had enough and turned it off. I usually listen to fan run but was out of range.
After tonight I came up with a good nickname for them, “the Tennessee turnstile.”
GBO!!

Reactions: BisonVol
I just really can’t believe that second half.

Chaney didn't seem to make any halftime adjustments. If you can't run the ball, you have to try to get the ball to your playmakers in space. I also don't think we ran a single misdirection play the entire game. You have to keep good defenses honest.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The point is he's the most ready, that's why he's playing. People think Pruitt has this like die hard loyalty to JG and it's just laughable.
I understand you’re frustrated, and pissed off. I do- because I am too.

But which QB should be out there?

UT is paying Chaney, Weinke, and Tee way too much money to not have an actual SEC-capable QB in year three.

UT paying Chaney, Weinke, and Tee way too much money to not have an actual SEC-capable QB in year three.
I said as much in another thread. When you think about it like this, a million dollar coordinator, a former national title winning QB and a Heisman trophy winning QB, it makes it even harder to understand.
GBO!!

Phil needs to be hands off unless Pruitt comes to him first. It's going to take a lot happening, and I mean a lot, for Pruitt to get rid of Friend. Those two go back a ways.
Well that’s disappointing. I’d have more respect for CJP if he could find another spot for his friend. He obviously isn’t working out here. Speaks volumes to me that he’d be so protective of him if he was indeed such an OL guru. He should be able to catch on anywhere else if he’s so damn good. Sounds like he’s giving him a place to hide hoping the lights come on. Jmo.

Unfortunately this dumbass way of thinking is what gets most coaches fired
Sticking w assistants or players out of some misguided loyalty

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL

VN Store

Back