Pruitt Post-game comments on VolNetwork

Sitting here watching the Bama and Ole miss while following this thread it has come to my attention, why is it as TN fans we expect our O-line to give our QB more time in the pocket? Have we become accustomed to JG needing three forevers to throw the ball? Ole Miss QB is literally three and 5 step drop and the ball is out of his hands and he is moving the ball on Bama. By no means am I saying our o-line played a good game but at the same time we can't expect them to perform miracles with JG taking the snaps? I am willing to bet that JG can make even the best O-line look like garbage at times.

Exactly but give him a quick throw. We are trying to run slow progressing deep routes and our OL can’t block.

How about a draw to check an over zealous blitz? Some motion to pull a LB out and open up a running lane?
Those short quick throws he oftentimes puts to much zip on it and behind the receiver. I know you have seen it many times.

No QB on Earth (and certainly not on our roster) would of done much better. Like for real man. I know you hate the kid, but lord. He threw two absolute dimes to Palmer the two times he had a clean pocket all game lol
STFU, I do not hate JG. That bit of deflection doesn't work either..

No QB on Earth (and certainly not on our roster) would of done much better. Like for real man. I know you hate the kid, but lord. He threw two absolute dimes to Palmer the two times he had a clean pocket all game lol

Dobbs would have won that game honestly.

We need a dual threat QB with the way the line was breaking down.

Alot of yards were left for a fast qb.

I place blame on the lime today but alot more on JG and his piss poor everything.

It won't be with a backup QB. JG played well today when he had time to throw minus one bad INT. The first fumble was also bad but he was just trying to make a play.
He had time to throw and was still getting sacked on a few plays. Plus why is he running around the pocket holding the ball like it is a grapefruit. Pitiful.

Exactly but give him a quick throw. We are trying to run slow progressing deep routes and our OL can’t block.

How about a draw to check an over zealous blitz? Some motion to pull a LB out and open up a running lane?

Today’s game plan was stupid, no doubt, but Guarantano has some responsibility to make reads. And to throw the ball away. Defense was playing well enough in 3rd Quarter to keep us in it without the THREE turnovers.

Manning could get out of the pocket and still successfully throw the ball. Stop pretending like JG is the first QB in history to have to face a good dline that is getting pressure on him.

More importantly, he could make reads to make the DC pay for the blitz. Guarantano cant read a Disney book.

Better talent beats lesser talent most games. GA has much better talent than we do. Oh, AL and FL do as well. Hence we are 0-7 against them to date uder Pruitt.

Same old song. Different day................

Reactions: BIGAL27 and 1967vol
Uh no, he threw 50/50 balls that Palmer turned into 100/0 balls, JG's 2nd half lost me forever, I don't care if you are under duress, you don't turn the ball over 4 times

It won't be with a backup QB. JG played well today when he had time to throw minus one bad INT. The first fumble was also bad but he was just trying to make a play.
Thats the problem though..jg trying to make a play. That usually doesn't work. He is ok if he sticks to his script..but if the game requires QB heroics or real leadership, JG ain't the guy.

VN Store

Back