Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is it about UT that makes the rest of the country hate the Vols so much?

We, as a fan base, refuse to follow the company line/narrative/etc. We speak out and speak out loudly at perceived wrongs (Heistman/Schiano/SEC front office/SEC officiating).

And then when we win, after all the backlash, we cash in all the receipts we have kept. JMO

Such a strong condemnation of someone who would be using their own talents to maximize their earning potential while getting to play on a team that can actually win a championship.

If any of that is even true about the bidding war.
I mean not saying he's not a good person, but it's pretty damn crappy to do that.

He'll make more NIL money maybe

He'll still likely be the number one overall pick regardless of where he goes

It's also like, how bout YOU lead them to a title?

UNC could totally make the playoff and give it a shot with a QB like him and it's his school he grew up loving and that's not enough for you?

Sorry that's kinda crappy

Sure, but you're also driving home strong feelings about Drake when he hasn't done anything at all at this point.

A tweet by an account with low followers references their source as an account with less followers. This could be a troll completely. Gotta remember Drake decommitted from Bama to go to UNC to begin with.
Well I said IF did I not?

I mean not saying he's not a good person, but it's pretty damn crappy to do that.

UNC could totally make the playoff and give it a shot with a QB like him and it's his school he grew up loving and that's not enough for you?

Agree to disagree on pretty much all of this. Not everyone shares the same motivations. But he might not even leave UNC

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He was dismissed from the team

That’s right. We threw him back earlier this season.

Well, that’s the way it goes sometimes. Some guys just constantly want to swim upstream. For his sake, I hope he eventually finds his sea legs.

Live well, Savion Herring! There’s an ocean of opportunity out there for you.

Well I said IF did I not?

Don't take that tone with me!!!

Yeah I guess this is another annoying social media thing. Drake Maye hasn't done a damn thing except kick ass at UNC and because some troll on Twitter makes a tweet he's getting backlash about a transfer that isn't even real (at this point).

Not from you specifically, but I hopped on Twitter and since that troll tweet went out there's been almost 300 tweets about Drake in the last hour.

Don't take that tone with me!!!

Yeah I guess this is another annoying social media thing. Drake Maye hasn't done a damn thing except kick ass at UNC and because some troll on Twitter makes a tweet he's getting backlash about a transfer that isn't even real (at this point).

Not from you specifically, but I hopped on Twitter and since that troll tweet went out there's been almost 300 tweets about Drake in the last hour.

Social media is the worst

I'll also say this upfront I won't believe the Drake Maye transfer until I see him in a different jersey come fall. He's as deep of a legacy player as you can ever get. Both parents went to UNC, dad played at UNC, older brother played at UNC, another brother playing at UNC right now and is his roommate there.

Just spoke to my buddy who is a die hard UNC fan and he said he’s heard the rumors but that Maye sounded confident he was returning in some of his comments after the ACC Championship. I honestly don’t think he leaves either but nothing would shock me at this point with the portal.

Next y’all are gonna be surprised when Mohan hits the portal

WHAT!?!? How could he we've got plenty of opportunity for LBs next season, seems pretty selfish if you ask me.

I just hope we don't lose Carlin Fils-aime, feel like he should have plenty of touches this season with the other RBs transferring out and he's finally gonna be healthy.

Just spoke to my buddy who is a die hard UNC fan and he said he’s heard the rumors but that Maye sounded confident he was returning in some of his comments after the ACC Championship. I honestly don’t think he leaves either but nothing would shock me at this point with the portal.

Yeah maybe if he wasn't the starter and had more eligibility left I could see it. But most likely he's only playing 1 more season. Unless Mack is out seems to make more sense to just stay the course and get to the league. Switching schools for a marginal NIL increase (UNC I'm sure is paying him well) to learn a new system, new teammates, and still potentially have to win a starting job....what would be the point of that?

Thanks for all of the baby name suggestions everyone. I‘ve been lobbying for Hendonna Hookerfina Lowe, but we will take each and every name into consideration!
I'm sticking with Patricia Summitt Lowe. Pat was a great woman, taken from VN way too soon.

But I also have a fondness for Heupelita. Hippolyta was queen of the Amazons. It's a name that implies strength, IMO.

UNC is going to do everything in their power to keep him from leaving.

Yeah maybe if he wasn't the starter and had more eligibility left I could see it. But most likely he's only playing 1 more season. Unless Mack is out seems to make more sense to just stay the course and get to the league. Switching schools for a marginal NIL increase (UNC I'm sure is paying him well) to learn a new system, new teammates, and still potentially have to win a starting job....what would be the point of that?
I’m sure he’s getting plenty of NIL from UNC. Could Bama or UGA offer more? Probably. I just don’t get the risk if you are Maye though. Even if you are guaranteed the starting spot, you think Kirby or Saban is going to still roll you out there if one of their other 4 or 5 star QBs beats you out in training camp? Hell no. They are going to play the best option to win. It’s just a big roll of the dice for a pay bump when you are 1 year away from being a probable 1st round draft pick.

I can see both sides of the argument. I like your point but, as a counter argument, I'm sure as hell glad this wasn't Peyton's mindset coming out of high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back