Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, except UNC has never won a title in football, ever. And they've had exactly 1 season (1948) where they even finished in the AP top 5. As a program they've only had 8 10 win seasons or better as well.

Maybe eventually they could compete well enough, but the question is "will it be next year?" and Drake doesn't appear to think so. I feel like it's a move you only make if you want to play for a title in the CFP because I don't think another season at UNC with his sort of production is going to hurt his draft stock, if he goes to the SEC and gets exposed against better competition though he could hurt it.
I don't think it has anything to do with winning a title. As with most things it probably boils down to money. Doubt NC can compete with GA or AL when it comes to NIL.

I wonder what these other schools are saying about us now while trying to keep the kids that passed us by from taking a serious look now. QB's, WR's are surely taking notice and Defensive guys are seeing a real opportunity to get playing time. It could work out really well for us in the long run.

UNC ain’t winning a title in football. They haven’t won a conf title since 1980.
Yeah I know their history, but they recruit well enough that they can COMPETE for a title because they can win the ACC.

If that isn't enough for you while you're playing for your childhood team then you suck

You mean like colleges slipping kids money in McDonald’s bags to get them to play at their school. You don’t like baseball fine but don’t act like it is the only sport that has some shady business to it. Hell steroids were used in every sport
So cheating is Ok if it benefits MY team, but evil if other teams do it? I thought we hated Alabama because of their cheating. Sorry, cheating is never OK in any sport.

Savion herring in the portal

I hate herring this. But hopefully we’re fishing in bigger waters to land his replacement.

And look, I understand that the kid is angling to get more playing time, perhaps in a smaller pond. But sometimes I think it’s best to have a bit of patience before you reel in and row to the next spot.

Anyway, good luck to you, young man. Cast your net wide. Hope you find a school that’s a keeper.

So cheating is Ok if it benefits MY team, but evil if other teams do it? I thought we hated Alabama because of their cheating. Sorry, cheating is never OK in any sport.
I think it's more nuanced than that. We hate that Bama and uga did it so openly with the sec and NCAA willfully ignoring it, while they come after us for an illegal BBQ dinner invite.

Yeah I know their history, but they recruit well enough that they can COMPETE for a title because they can win the ACC.

If that isn't enough for you while you're playing for your childhood team then you suck

Such a strong condemnation of someone who would be using their own talents to maximize their earning potential while getting to play on a team that can actually win a championship.

If any of that is even true about the bidding war.

I hate herring this. But hopefully we’re fishing in bigger waters to land his replacement.

And look, I understand that the kid is angling to get more playing time, perhaps in a smaller pond. But sometimes I think it’s best to have a bit of patience before you reel in and row to the next spot.

Anyway, good luck to you, young man. Cast your net wide. Hope you find a school that’s a keeper.
Canoe possibly think all those puns are funny?

tenor (19).gif

Sure, but you're also driving home strong feelings about Drake when he hasn't done anything at all at this point.

A tweet by an account with low followers references their source as an account with less followers. This could be a troll completely. Gotta remember Drake decommitted from Bama to go to UNC to begin with.

He was dismissed from the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back