Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Established season after season after seasons before, with recruiting geared specifically for that scheme. Gran practically drew this up in the dirt.
Come on...it is one of the simplest offense ever run. You don't need years, you have to have a really good OL, a couple of good physical RBs and TEs that can block really well, and a really good, slippery quick playmaker at the QB position. They had all that..so 🤷‍ I am not denigrating it, they are good at it...but that kid ain't playin what most think of when they hear "Quarterback"

Worst thing a returner can do is let it bounce. Frustrates me. But I’m not the one putting my neck on the line.... you have to be a little crazy to be a punt returner lol.
The number one thing Johnny majors tried to get a punt returner to do was to catch the ball with some forward momentum. To do that you had to have some foreknowledge of the punt coverage and the direction of your first few steps. It is a difficult job.

Come on...it is one of the simplest offense ever run. You don't need years, you have to have a really good OL, a couple of good physical RBs and TEs that can block really well, and a really good, slippery quick playmaker at the QB position. They had all that..so 🤷‍ I am not denigrating it, they are good at it...but that kid ain't playin what most think of when they hear "Quarterback"
Nothing is as simple as what you just posted. 😏

Reactions: TheMagnificantOne
Dang, guys. These past few days have been awesome on here. Been really tied up with driving all over Knoxville and family time. So many stories giving me the feels.

1. We gon' bowlin'
2. Pruitt.
3. Bama sucks
4. Hardy gonna be a Vol
5. Muschamp sucks
6. Franks thinks he can still play the football
7. Epstein didn't kill himself
8. FSU thinks they can get JF or BS
9. A&M is over paying (nobody tell them that)
10. Gonna land a top 15 class again
Hardy gonna be a Vol? Guess I need to unblock whats his name to see the thread.

Going from the #3 WR to #1 WR, especially with #2 at QB, is quite a big difference for Palmer next year. Throw in the fact everyone behind him is extremely green, and I am not that excited about the WR depth chart next year. It's hard to replace two legit all timers at WR with pretty subpar QB play. It's a very big question mark next year.
So was our DL this year.

Think Pruitt gets a raise and extension pretty soon here.

Also, don't be surprised if coaches like Tee and others on staff interview for jobs.
If Bill Clark leaves I fully expect Tee to be called about that job. Alabama boy theoretically in line for a HC job. And the AD is a UT grad.

Peterson is out at UW!!! What?!
Chris Petersen stepping down as UW football head coach, Jimmy Lake named to role

Petersen will transition into a leadership advisory role for Husky Athletics. Peterson released the following statement:

"It has been a privilege and a professional dream fulfilled to be part of this world-class institution. I will forever be grateful, honored and humbled to have had the opportunity to coach our fine young men on Montlake for these past six seasons. I thank each of them, as well as our coaches and administrative staff for the incredible commitment they've made to Husky football during my tenure. The football program and Husky Athletics across the board will continue to prosper – and do it the right way – with Jen Cohen's leadership and the University administration's commitment to excellence. I'll be a Husky for life, but now is the right time for me to step away from my head coaching duties, and recharge."

Peterson is out at UW!!! What?!
Been speculated for years that he needed a couple of years at a big-time program to prove that BSU wasn’t a fluke before they would hand him the keys to USC. They needed to know he would recruit like they desired to run a nationally relevant program. That’s perhaps the reason for the smoke coming out of the AD at Southern Cal. And all the denials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back