Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going from the #3 WR to #1 WR, especially with #2 at QB, is quite a big difference for Palmer next year. Throw in the fact everyone behind him is extremely green, and I am not that excited about the WR depth chart next year. It's hard to replace two legit all timers at WR with pretty subpar QB play. It's a very big question mark next year.

Many, many, peanut butter sammiches must be eaten by young Mr. Hyatt.

Is he particularly skilled at the fair catch?

He'll probably need to work on that. Get the catch and squat just right. In HS, he just catches and runs.

Going from the #3 WR to #1 WR, especially with #2 at QB, is quite a big difference for Palmer next year. Throw in the fact everyone behind him is extremely green, and I am not that excited about the WR depth chart next year. It's hard to replace two legit all timers at WR with pretty subpar QB play. It's a very big question mark next year.
Thanks pdiddy

I thought Johnson looked like a very good WR early on. He’s stalled out but maybe by default he will find a good role next year.

I think that's mostly the return of Jennings in 2018 that contributed to Johnson sliding back.

2017 Johnson was our leading WR in receptions & yardage. 2018 Jennings returns, Palmer erupts and new staff.

I think the WR group is going to be very good, and believe Johnson was smart to RS. He now has an entire season of learning the offense under his belt and will get another off-season as well.

I expect to see Johnson, Gibbs, and Palmer be the top 3 targets. And if I'm honest those 3 might be more explosive than Callaway/Jennings. Although it'll be interesting to see if someone can emerge as a "go-to" 50/50 type guy since Callaway & Jennings both are elite at that.

@Sleegro I don’t think this helps your AAC argument

Edit- the acc is effing garbage too

The top 6 AAC teams, Memphis, Cincinnati, smu, navy, UCF and temple, went 6-3 vs the power 5. Imo having half a g5 conference with a 67% winning against a p5 is pretty impressive. Of course the bottom half of a g5 will have a hard time against p5. But other than uconn, who is leaving the conference, the other 5 look like they could be on the rise too. Assuming USF gets a good coach. I really like the east Carolina coach. Tulane nearly beat navy, temple and UCF and played tough all season. Houston took the year off and redshirted all the best players. I think dana will get them going good next year. Tulsa Almost beat Memphis and did beat UCF. And USF has potential with the right coach.

Just a little context for the condescending tweet.😉

Reactions: SoilVol
I expect to see Johnson, Gibbs, and Palmer be the top 3 targets. And if I'm honest those 3 might be more explosive than Callaway/Jennings.
lol.

giphy.gif

If Lincoln Riley leaves Oklahoma for a NFL job is Josh Heupel Oklahoma's first call to replace Riley? And if James Franklin leaves Penn State for another job is Joe Moorehead Penn SState's first call to replace Franklin?
The way they sacrificed heupel as a scapegoat a few years ago I doubt it. He's also been a little underwhelming at UCF. All 3 losses could have been wins without silly coaching mistakes. I think he has a chance to be good but still learning. He's relying solely on talent right now.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So are fake punts illegal under that rule? Is a fake punt better or worse when they don't actually pretend to punt?

Face it Nick, you got punked. How's it feel?

By their logic, every wildcat package where the QB stays on the field should be banned. The QB is left out there so it isn't obvious it's a running play until you line up.

To me, the more reasonable argument would be that Auburn substituted and Alabama should have been given time to complete their substitution. Alabama was still running players onto the field and the ref stepped away from the ball and called a substitution penalty. It's never been clear to me when the offense substitutes exactly how long the defense should be given to match up. I don't know that I've ever seen a ref mark the ball ready after an offensive substitution while the defense is still running players onto the field like that.

From Hubbs: Source tells me that two Vols have put their name in the transfer portal this morning:

Ryan Johnson and Jerrod Means have both put their names in there today. Now nothing is final with either one but both are in there​

The way they sacrificed heupel as a scapegoat a few years ago I doubt it. He's also been a little underwhelming at UCF. All 3 losses could have been wins without silly coaching mistakes. I think he has a chance to be good but still learning. He's relying solely on talent right now.
I mean he's 21 and 4 at UCF, do you think he might be on Missouri's short list?

Did Keyton hold onto his redshirt? He was out there a decent amount this season. Not sure if it was more than 4 games?

I mean he's 21 and 4 at UCF, do you think he might be on Missouri's short list?
Maybe. Like I said I think he'll get better but he made some bad mistakes this season. He's recruiting pretty well though and next year won't have a true freshman qb making mistakes either. Although he was probably the best true freshman qb in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back