Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be a very different team next year. The SRs shaped the team this year and gave it their voice. Next year, the young guys will make it their team. I think the timing is right to have a new QB who'll step up, lead and make it his team. If none of them can take the job away from JG, then so be it. But I think one of them can and will.
Agree. Hope Maurer or Bailey takes it and runs

Last edited:
I agree that he has very sure hands (most important quality) and when he did attempt to advance he did well. I felt like he could have been a bit more aggressive and not letting some bounce or calling a fair catch when he had some room.
I think the lack of aggression was a coaching tactic. We rarely returned kicks too.

I just hope that Pruitt will play the better QB. If Bailey comes in an is clearly better, I want him starting. I don't want Pruitt to decide on starting JG just because he's a senior.

Most definitely!...the rotation of 4 qb’s this year if you include JJ was BS definitely could have easily not paid off for Pruitt but he made a good comeback story out of it and gave JG his confidence back so I get the move but it was a dangerous one.also! I loved JJ in the wildcat so I hope it isn't taken it out of context 🤘🏽🤘🏽

Reactions: eVOLve
Returners were told to fair catch the ball. Pruitt thinks that's the most productive strategy. That could change if they use Gray more next year.
Yeah, it ain’t a coincidence we returned kicks and punts vs scrub teams. Pruitt knows when he can afford a turnover and when he can’t.

Yeah, it ain’t a coincidence we returned kicks and punts vs scrub teams. Pruitt knows when he can afford a turnover and when he can’t.
I didn’t agree with that strategy. Our offense was mediocre at best all year. Calloway,gray, chandler should’ve had green light all year on kickoffs and punts. Housing one obviously helps but picking up an extra 10-15 yards can really jumpstart a drive.

Jimmy Hyams just said on 104.5 he thinks Jennings intentionally stepped on the Vandy player. He said he doesn’t know that he meant to hit him in the face, but he thinks it was intentional. He also said he should have been flagged for the hit.

Jimmy also teaches dance classes at the retirement homes for tax write offs.

I definitely think the plan is to redshirt Bailey.

I hope so!...I do want to see bailey in four games though.hopefully Pruitt does that to generate hype and ticket sales for the future of the program,give the people what they want,don’t wait til mid season to see what you got on the depth chart.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back