Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready...the next two weeks are gonna be nutty.
The boys have already hit the road and will be putting in some serious miles in a short amount of time. This is where things will really heat up. And we have a great story to sell which should pay dividends.

Stay the course...there will be twists and turns all the way up to early signing.
BRING US UPDATES!!!!!
Aheem,.......... Please........

I posted this in the FF and thought with the JG talk this morning it might be worth posting here

Most of this year I have felt like JG was a frontrunner i.e. when things are going well he can keep it going well but when things are bad he can’t handle adversity within the game.

What happened yesterday with the poor start of 0/7 with a pick was exactly what we needed to see. We needed to see him be able to fight thru a bad start and find a way to play well. He did just that and that’s something many of us didn’t think he could do.

Im so glad he didn’t play well from the start and now we can see can overcome a bad start, something we had never seen from him before

He has a real shot at being damn good next year! Excited to say the least

I feel.the same way..I don't want to dog the kid anymore, but just when your sphincter starts to relax a little...he goes and has a game like he did the other night against Vandy..I mean JJ was so pissed at him he about had a apoplectic fit.

The only thing that kept us from destroying Vandy and BYU was JG. It is sooo frustrating..
I think the coaches changed the gameplan once they realized that running it down their throats eith Gray was working. Why risk throwing it every play in sloppy conditions when your back is going off? Just decided to do what it took to win.

yeah or....we just decided to take it out of his hands and run it down their throat. Did you see his stats for the game? Not exactly "played well."
That's kinda what I mean. Both of those factors played into running nearly every down.

yeah or....we just decided to take it out of his hands and run it down their throat. Did you see his stats for the game? Not exactly "played well."

No he didn’t play well overall but finishing the game 6/10 for 120 yards and a TD shows he was mature enough to overcome a very bad start
That’s a great sign and the point

I posted this in the FF and thought with the JG talk this morning it might be worth posting here
I just hope that Pruitt will play the better QB. If Bailey comes in an is clearly better, I want him starting. I don't want Pruitt to decide on starting JG just because he's a senior.

Gosh what I wouldn’t give to get the Plumlee QB from Ole Miss. He is going to be a GAME CHANGER, whether he stays at Ole Miss or to whoever he transfers to!
I'm don't think Plumlee is a game changer. Corral looked to have a better arm vs LSU and Miss St.

Get ready...the next two weeks are gonna be nutty.
The boys have already hit the road and will be putting in some serious miles in a short amount of time. This is where things will really heat up. And we have a great story to sell which should pay dividends.

Stay the course...there will be twists and turns all the way up to early signing.
Lol I just thought of something. I am always comparing recruiting to a rollercoaster. AV is saying it's going to be the Mad Mouse. You know the one that jerks your neck out of place.

It's going to be a very different team next year. The SRs shaped the team this year and gave it their voice. Next year, the young guys will make it their team. I think the timing is right to have a new QB who'll step up, lead and make it his team. If none of them can take the job away from JG, then so be it. But I think one of them can and will.

No he didn’t play well overall but finishing the game 6/10 for 120 yards and a TD shows he was mature enough to overcome a very bad start
That’s a great sign and the point

meh, it's a stretch. he had a subpar game, coming off his best game. the weather played a huge factor but this one isn't going on his reel.

I keep trying to catch you but it's never gonna happen.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Sleegro
You don't think the death of his grandmother on Thanksgiving affected him any in the Vandy game? He's never going to be an all American or anything but he has played pretty well the last half of the season and we're probably not bowl eligible right now without him.
I’m sure. But as I said, it isn’t just the Vandy game. He’s inconsistent. If we want to get over the hump next year, he can’t be inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back