Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Hyams just said on 104.5 he thinks Jennings intentionally stepped on the Vandy player. He said he doesn’t know that he meant to hit him in the face, but he thinks it was intentional. He also said he should have been flagged for the hit.

JJ plays hard and he will knock you into next week if he gets the chance to hit you, but he has never played dirty. Why Jimminy thinks JJ would use his last play in Neyland to intentionally stomp on an already beaten foe is beyond human comprehension.

Any chance Tennessee goes to the belk bowl?

That’s right down the road from me. Would be super convenient

I think that's mostly the return of Jennings in 2018 that contributed to Johnson sliding back.

2017 Johnson was our leading WR in receptions & yardage. 2018 Jennings returns, Palmer erupts and new staff.

I think the WR group is going to be very good, and believe Johnson was smart to RS. He now has an entire season of learning the offense under his belt and will get another off-season as well.

I expect to see Johnson, Gibbs, and Palmer be the top 3 targets. And if I'm honest those 3 might be more explosive than Callaway/Jennings. Although it'll be interesting to see if someone can emerge as a "go-to" 50/50 type guy since Callaway & Jennings both are elite at that.
im not getting my hopes up on Gibbs.

Think this is a perfect example of having favorite targets and not spreading the love.need to call plays that includes more of our unknown play makers waiting to catch the ball.
When you have guys like Jennings, Calloway, Palmer and DWA who clearly need the ball it’s hard to spread it around to a freshman who’s deep on the chart. He would have a great chance to work this next year but he sees better opportunity elsewhere it seems. Hope the kid does well wherever he decides to land.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Just asking, but both guys entering the portal does that open up two more we can take or are we still restricted to 25?

UT defense looking to be feared again, it’s nice to be on a list like this again. Especially for defense. And say what you want about Kentucky, but stoops has built a defense that gives him a chance to win every game just about

I agree that Stoops has built a solid defense, but a huge part of that deal is the type of offense they run...

A good friend of mines son graduated high school with Trey Knox. Good chance he transfers out depending on the coach hire. No idea if Trey would consider TN. Said his family is the type they are not just going to let him quit immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back