Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The East is weaker than the west. Arkansas will never be even close to bama, LSU, aub potential wise. Plus Missouri actually has some location advantages when pulling from Midwest
I think Arkansas' relative position in the SECW is equal to Mizzou in the SECE. Bobby P proved a competent coach can win there. MO needed the big 3 in the SECE ro be down. But Arkansas is a more of a FB school than Mizzou. Arkansas will pay the most of all 3. As for Ole Miss, I think recruiting is easier at Arkansas. When Arky is decent they can recruit TX and Memphis. Ole Miss is in a constant battle with State and LSU and Bama.

I think Arkansas' relative position in the SECW is equal to Mizzou in the SECE. Bobby P proved a competent coach can win there. MO needed the big 3 in the SECE ro be down. But Arkansas is a more of a FB school than Mizzou. Arkansas will pay the most of all 3. As for Ole Miss, I think recruiting is easier at Arkansas. When Arky is decent they can recruit TX and Memphis. Ole Miss is in a constant battle with State and LSU and Bama.

respectfully disagree. In Arkansas best season basically in modern history they went 11-2 and still lost to LSU and Bama. I think Arkansas will have a lot of trouble pulling good Texas players away from the top dogs there so i don’t really rely on that. I don’t think either school can win a national title anymore but the easier path to 10 wins is at Missouri imo.

I think the right coach at Arkansas could win 8-9 any given year they aren’t ever going to consistently be over LSU Bama Auburn or even A&M but they aren’t a totally scrub school. They could be decent with a shot at 10 wins every so often.
It would have to be exactly the right coach because that place is a recruiting graveyard.

It would have to be exactly the right coach because that place is a recruiting graveyard.
True... maybe 6-8 any given year. I think they could be decent if they ever get the recruiting going. Hard to do though with the other West teams taking all the top talent.

Reactions: Vols410
Arkansas has a few things that make it a better spot.

1. Little Rock is the largest city in the state by population
2. Only show in town, no other instate rivals to compete with
3. Big buck boosters
4. Geography to other SEC recruiting grounds (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Memphis)

A couple random, off the top of my head things I would like to see improvement on next year:

A punt returner being a little more aggressive on the return and can change field position with a return more consistently. Using Cam Sutton as an example here.

Working on the swing pass and screens during the off season.

Getting our backs in space with the ball. I.e. Timing and touch between JG, Chandler and Gray

A couple random, off the top of my head things I would like to see improvement on next year:

A punt returner being a little more aggressive on the return and can change field position with a return more consistently. Using Cam Sutton as an example here.

Getting our backs in space with the ball. I.e. Timing and touch between JG, Chandler and Gray
calloway is a very good punt returner. The only thing i think he could’ve been better at was catching everything and not letting them bounce.

calloway is a very good punt returner. The only thing i think he could’ve been better at was catching everything and not letting them bounce.
I agree that he has very sure hands (most important quality) and when he did attempt to advance he did well. I felt like he could have been a bit more aggressive and not letting some bounce or calling a fair catch when he had some room.

Reactions: Brillovol

Worst thing a returner can do is let it bounce. Frustrates me. But I’m not the one putting my neck on the line.... you have to be a little crazy to be a punt returner lol.

Reactions: Brillovol

If JG is back next year, he has to improve his consistency. For every Mizzou game, he has 4 BYU or Vandy games. I just don’t trust him. Maybe another year helps, but tbh, I’m ready to move on.

What I fear is him practicing like Peyton causing Pruitt to have all that confidence in him like he did to star this season, and then JG playing like he did against BYU, UAB, and Vandy and giving us no shot against Ou

Jimmy Hyams just said on 104.5 he thinks Jennings intentionally stepped on the Vandy player. He said he doesn’t know that he meant to hit him in the face, but he thinks it was intentional. He also said he should have been flagged for the hit.

SIAP. Just decommitted from Texas. Big boy, Polynesian from Utah?

We should definitely make a run at him, he has the frame to be a DE in a 3 man front. Would probably be a 4* if he was in Metro Atlanta instead of BFE Utah. The thought is that he is heading to Utah, though, so the distance may be a factor.

Reactions: butchna
Jimmy Hyams just said on 104.5 he thinks Jennings intentionally stepped on the Vandy player. He said he doesn’t know that he meant to hit him in the face, but he thinks it was intentional. He also said he should have been flagged for the hit.

Shocker. I bet the Sports Source spent a whole segment on it Sunday.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back