Why did the cops ask Vol fan to sit down last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. But it's stupid to imply lots of people stand the majority of the game. Student section maybe, but a lot of them are there for social hour. Most fans who buy a ticket go to watch the team play a football game. We stand when it's warranted, and sit the rest of time.

I hear this crap so much. Really thankful for the fans in X1 who never seem to have an issue figuring out when to stand and when to sit.

I sit in XX2. No one stands the entire game. To imply that you are in a section where everyone stands the whole our even most of the game is asinine (unless you are in the student section). Maybe these people are so drink they just think they are standing...... Actually saw that at a GA game one time.

I've been going to games since I was 5. I wasn't born 6 ft tall believe it or not. When we went to games, we expected people to be standing. If I couldn't see, I moved around or figured it out. My parents didn't call the cops or ushers because they knew we were AT A FOOTBALL GAME!

Crazy huh?

I just read my ticket..... Doesn't say standing room only on it. Actually has Seat printed on it. The reason you haven't had a problem is you haven't been in front of me yet.

Reactions: 3 people
Hahaha. Hilarious man. You may be scared of cops, not me buddy. I can more than handle my own. And what's with the 'junior'?

So much name calling and judging just because I disagree with some of you. Maybe you are the ones that need to grow up.

Yes, because courteous and considerate people are always the childish ones.

Reactions: 2 people
That is why our home field advantage has not been so great over the years. Too many old people sitting. Not enough standing and cheering. Especially at basketball games.

Typo many old people buying up all the season tickets.... Oh wait.

I sit in XX2. No one stands the entire game. To imply that you are in a section where everyone stands the whole our even most of the game is asinine (unless you are in the student section). Maybe these people are so drink they just think they are standing...... Actually saw that at a GA game one time.

K isn't the student section,even though most of the people there looked 20-27 yrs old... except for my 39 yr old body and my 13 yr old son,and 2 guys a few rows down,and they werent there maybe 15 minutes...and the entire section stood the entire game that I could see...

but I noticed the upper deck and mid field sections,do seem to sit more than the goal line and end zone sections...

Hello. I was sitting in section K last night and a Vol fan about four rows in front of me was standing up and cheering for the Vols. The guy behind him politely asks him if he would sit down. He then says I am a VFL and cheering for my team. The fan then gets the cops to ask that man to sit down and he pleads his case to the cops saying he is cheering for his team. I had no problem with this man standing and cheering for the Vols. So why did the cops ask him to sit down? Didn't that man have the liberty of standing up and cheering for Tennessee? Thank you for your time.

I cannot understand why some people just don't GET IT.
The man in the rear paid for a SEAT!.

Reactions: 1 person
I see both sides of the issue. However if you were at movies and the person in front of you in a packed house stood up the entire time how would you feel?

You also aren't cheering for the movie the entire time. I, for one, like to stand a lot because I get excited. However, I also know when I'm standing too much and I am aware of what the people behind me are doing. I get both sides. But if someone politely asked me to sit because they couldn't see, then I wouldn't have a problem. But also know, that if it's a big down or we score, you bet I'm gonna flip the guy out of his seat!:rock::corso::corso::corso::td:

The disturbing part is getting the police to tell the guy to sit down. They can only enforce law, not tell a guy to sit down. That is completely out of their authority, especially when most fans stand during the game. Why did the fan not talk to an usher about it? Probably did talk to an usher and was told the guy could stand if he wanted to.

Reactions: 3 people
It's really pretty simple. There's a time to stand and cheer and there's a time to sit down so the folks behind you can see. If you're too stupid to figure it out, you'd probably be more at home at a professional wrestling match.

Devils advocate....

Why is your hard earned money any more important than the person who wants to sit?

And is anyone actually paying for the right to stand in the stadium? You're paying for a seat. And seats are for sitting.

I honestly don't give a crap who does what. But logically, everyone paid for a seat to sit, not stand. Some people choose to stand but if someone is doing what their ticket was meant for... sitting... the person in front of them should be obligated to sit down.

Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. Going to a movie and paying for a ticket doesn't give you the right to talk all movie because it's "your hard earned money". Going to a restaurant doesn't give you the right to toss your food on the floor because you spent "your hard earned money" on it and it's yours to do with as you please.

I'm actually all for standing and making noise as part of home field advantage. I'd prefer that be the case. But unless there are some written rules, seems to me the people choosing to sit have the right away because they paid for a seat to sit and watch the game. Not for a seat to sit and watch the back of someone's head.

my point is i paid for it i should be able to stand,sit,jump up and down whatever i want to do with in reason just like you and every other fan in the stadium! but i will not "sit" when we make a big play or something cause someone else behind me doesn't wanna get off their butt!

This has been rehashed so many times here but here are my :twocents:

To the person with the movie comment...That is just dumb. You do not go to a movie to stand and cheer at any point. This is a "football game" so that type of thing might happen. You have to know going into it before you puirchase your ticket to then said football game that someone might stand up. If the person behind me is 80 then by all means I will sit down and do all I can to make it possible for that person to see. If it is a person very capable of standing and cheering but just too lazy to do it then I am sorry i am going to stand and cheer especially when somethign good happens. All in all be respectful on both sides of the ordeal. No need for the person asking you to sit to be a douche either. Saturday I actually heard a man say he was going to ask security to find the person whistling loudly because he did not want to hear it. REALLY?? I looked at him and said when you bought the ticked did you honestly think that when it got loud in here no one would whistle? Wow. Know what your getting into before you purchase the ticket please.

Where does it say don't sit?

Just as equally a dumb question.

Apparently you weren't raised properly. It's common courtesy. It's respectful to think of others. It's just being a good human. Sit down and watch the game. Stand when appropriate and necessary.

But to stand for up to 4 hours straight is beyond being rude, it's flat out crazy.

Go be an user if you wanna stand the whole damn game.

Out of 102,000+, 101,800+ agree with me.

There aren't as many of you as you think. There really isn't. Really a small faction, just a really hated one.

Here's the problem I have, you have no idea how I was raised yet you continue to insult my upbringing and indirectly the job my parents did because I stand at a football game. I'll tell you one thing I'd do that my dad wouldn't approve of, that's pop your smartass in the jaw if you ran it in person as rampantly as you do on here. But like most Internet users, I doubt you would.

FTR, your math is slightly off as there's 7k-10k students at one time, many of which stand.

Here's the problem I have, you have no idea how I was raised yet you continue to insult my upbringing and indirectly the job my parents did because I stand at a football game. I'll tell you one thing I'd do that my dad wouldn't approve of, that's pop your smartass in the jaw if you ran it in person as rampantly as you do on here. But like most Internet users, I doubt you would.
Sounds like you guys need to meet at a Waffle House.

my point is i paid for it i should be able to stand,sit,jump up and down whatever i want to do with in reason just like you and every other fan in the stadium! but i will not "sit" when we make a big play or something cause someone else behind me doesn't wanna get off their butt!

Where on this thread has anyone said that you have to sit through the entire game?

Sounds like you guys need to meet at a Waffle House.

I think they are more of the IHOP types.

Also, no one has said everyone has to sit 100% of the time. There are obvious times it's appropriate to sit and there are appropriate times to stand. Your purchase of a ticket doesn't trump my purchase of a ticket. Interfering with me being able to see the game is not appropriate. You are sold a ticket for a seat. Not a place to stand.

Now if the students and people that want to stand all do it in certain sections and it doesn't interfere with others, have at it.

At one of the games (can't remember which one but it rained at the beginning cause I still had on my poncho, and that saved the tobacco spit from getting on the back of my shirt), these two twenty somethings sat behind us. They were pretty lit when they got there. Both were really happy and excited. :) One of them kept hollering "Stand up! Get up!" It was a TV timeout. I turned around and told him he needed to pace himself, we had a long way to go. He kept saying, "We gotta win! Get up! We gotta win!" Both were super nice guys. They sobered up by the time they left (with about 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, lol) but they seemed to be having a really good time. We had a good time just hearing their enthusiasm! I'm still not sure which one dribbled his spit on my back, but they both apologized (I guess they didn't know either, haha).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back