Why did the cops ask Vol fan to sit down last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IV got one for you.. My buddy who go's to the games with me has a pinched nerve in his L5(lower back) he can't sit for long periods of time so are the people behind him being disrespectful to him for bi#ching and moaning about him standing?

Does he go to movies and stand?

I understand some of you feel like that going to a football game means going somewhere to stand for hours on end, but why?

What is so wrong with sitting while the team is on offense? What is so wrong with sitting during the halftime show? Some people only want to stand when there's reason to cheer.

Go for it. Next time a cop asks you to do something and you don't, get ready to show up to court and pay at least $100 in court costs

This is false. If you're out walking a park and a cop says "get your a$$ home ", you aren't breaking a law for not listening. Cops don't have the authority to just command you to do anything they please.

Reactions: 7 people
This is false. If you're out walking a park and a cop says "get your a$$ home ", you aren't breaking a law for not listening. Cops don't have the authority to just command you to do anything they please.

Again. Quit with all these facts. Or I'll call the cops!!

Reactions: 2 people
Neyland Stadium is considered to be the property of the University of Tennessee. Any KPD officers invited onto the premises to help police the game are subject to rules set forth by those who manage the property. Police authority is limited when acting on private property.

Really? You believe this? You need to watch a marathon showing of COPS. All those hours of fence jumping backyard takedowns took place on private property.

No, he cannot. A judge would laugh him out of court if he didn't outright seek to have him dismissed from the force. The authority of the police is limited when they are taking action on private property to which they have been invited.

Google it. Happens all the time. You think a judge is going to get a cop fired over some guy being a moron? Cop would write you the ticket, you show up to court, judge dismisses it and you owe $100 in court costs b/c you wouldn't sit. Lol.

I understand some of you feel like that going to a football game means going somewhere to stand for hours on end, but why?

What is so wrong with sitting while the team is on offense? What is so wrong with sitting during the halftime show? Some people only want to stand when there's reason to cheer.

Comparing a movie to a football game of any kind is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person

A judge DNGAF about your story. All he cares is the city got $100 in court costs because you are hard headed. Google "disobeying a lawful order". Internet is full of stories just like this

Really? You believe this? You need to watch a marathon showing of COPS. All those hours of fence jumping backyard takedowns took place on private property.

I know this. Belief plays no part in it. Pursuing a suspect is much different than the scenario being discussed.

FTR, I'm not taking sides in the sitting/standing debate. I'm simply telling you cops do not have as much power as you attribute to them. They are, in fact, subject to laws themselves.

No no no you got me all wrong! I only stand on O if we're on the verge of punching it in or on big plays... On D I stand clap holler for about 90% of time when we're in D.. The people that complain about that should either stay at home or stand up and cheer.

My thoughts are very simple. There are bleachers in the stadium for a reason.

Maybe they can designate a section or two for the habitual standers. Take out the bleacher seats and let them have at it.

I stand when it's appropriate. If folks in front are and I can't see, if it's cause for it from cheering standpoint on big plays or during and after a score.......

It's really common sense.

Google it. Happens all the time. You think a judge is going to get a cop fired over some guy being a moron? Cop would write you the ticket, you show up to court, judge dismisses it and you owe $100 in court costs b/c you wouldn't sit. Lol.

A judge DNGAF about your story. All he cares is the city got $100 in court costs because you are hard headed. Google "disobeying a lawful order". Internet is full of stories just like this

You've hit your own nail on the head. The cop would be overstepping his bounds, therefore it would not be a "lawful" order. Case would be dismissed and you would pay nothing because you did nothing illegal. The cop would receive a verbal dress down from the judge for wasting the court's time and the taxpayer's money.

Reactions: 3 people
No no no you got me all wrong! I only stand on O if we're on the verge of punching it in or on big plays... On D I stand clap holler for about 90% of time when we're in D.. The people that complain about that should either stay at home or stand up and cheer.

Glad I don't sit behind you. You may discover mustard squirted on your leather coat when you get home. Yep, I'm that guy. Habitual mustard squirter all over the habitual rude stander guy.

Reactions: 5 people
The cops directing traffic after the game are talking the job way to serious... They looking are to taz people who do to wait for the light or a foot off the curb

I know this. Belief plays no part in it. Pursuing a suspect is much different than the scenario being discussed.

FTR, I'm not taking sides in the sitting/standing debate. I'm simply telling you cops do not have as much power as you attribute to them. They are, in fact, subject to laws themselves.

That's true, just be prepared to spend $100 and a few hours of a work week explaining your story to a judge who doesn't care

Again, not taking sides on the sitting/standing debate, but some of you should read up on the law because you are limiting your rights. There are good cops and there are bad cops. Good cops would explain your rights to you. Bad cops will take advantage of your ignorance.

You've hit your own nail on the head. The cop would be overstepping his bounds, therefore it would not be a "lawful" order. Case would be dismissed and you would pay nothing because you did nothing illegal. The cop would receive a verbal dress down from the judge for wasting the court's time and the taxpayer's money.

You would pay $100 in court costs + a few hours of you life during a work week. The judge DNGAF about your story

If you're standing up the entire game and it isn't because you need a better view, you're just being a jerk.

I stand pretty much all game, every game. We're about the only SEC fanbase other than Mizzou that sits. Every away game I've been to outside of Mizzou I've stood cause everyone else is too.

Reactions: 5 people
I personally like the crew cut and assault gear on at the cross walk.. Just need to add a few hand grenades and machine guns...

Get this....... This is when you know a mother****er is just being a rude arrogant selfish prick......

We have a few in front of us that pay the extra money all season to have the permanent cushion seats installed and those mother****ers stand the entire game.

Really makes an individual want to get violent sometimes. I've actually been close to snapping....

That's true, just be prepared to spend $100 and a few hours of a work week explaining your story to a judge who doesn't care

Again, you would not be forced to pay court costs in a case such as this. Judges do care when their time is wasted by inept police work.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back