Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

All this move by the dude at Oklahoma tells me is he is a BETA. Yeah I said it. He wants no part of coaching in the SEC. We have the RIGHT HFC. Heupel will laugh if Oklahoma calls. I believe that but he may get a raise

Why is he a BETA for not wanting to face SEC when the earliest he would face a SEC schedule is 3-4 years from now? I would get it if OU was joining the SEC next year.... However, they are basically one full recruiting class graduating from joining the league.....

Really easy to see why Lincoln went to USC.
Simple….
He didn’t want any part of the SEC.
OK is joining SEC and he knew the competition was about to get intense.
He wants to win.
Why not go to USC and make the playoffs easier they eating your own every season.
Of course now is the time to pay Heuple the money!!

It should be taken as a compliment to the job CJH has done.

If you have a head coach or assistants that are never linked to job openings then that usually means that they are doing a piss poor job.

Dude you said “per sources”. Who the hell is sources lol…

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
lol. Not a chance. coach hype left okie on bad terms (not to mention he is obviously cooking at home), and kiffin wants nothing to do with okie.

He left on bad terms with Stoops, not the school...... Riley was Stoops' handpicked successor and he just left them high and dry. I would guess Stoops involvement stops at being the interim coach for the bowl game.....

Really easy to see why Lincoln went to USC.
Simple….
He didn’t want any part of the SEC.
OK is joining SEC and he knew the competition was about to get intense.
He wants to win.
Why not go to USC and make the playoffs easier they eating your own every season.
Of course now is the time to pay Heuple the money!!

He must be playing chess then cause OU is a full 3-4 seasons away from joining the league.....

Anyone have visibility to what they are saying on the OU message boards? I'm curious if their fans are calling for Heupel.
He appeared on page one of their thread on it. But only by one person. When others commented it was met with a lot of nope. Also, their appears to be some negative feelings towards him from the fan base. So the divorce looks like it was bad on all sides.

JH doesn’t seem like the type to jump ship after 1 season. However, money does talk. So I’ll be interested in seeing if we see movement by the athletic department in terms of a raise. If we do, then that tells me Oklahoma came sniffing and we told them to screw off. I’ll also add that as much as I respect JH, I don’t think he’s proven himself quite yet in the big leagues to be at the top of OU’s list.

He doesn't have to be at the top of the list to get the job.

All this move by the dude at Oklahoma tells me is he is a BETA. Yeah I said it. He wants no part of coaching in the SEC. We have the RIGHT HFC. Heupel will laugh if Oklahoma calls. I believe that but he may get a raise

You know there are good teams/programs outside of the SEC don't you?

USC is 100% a step up from OU. USC is a destination job.

I get the comfort of White as AD. But it just seems to me that if you’re Heupel at Tennessee and OU comes calling to interview at least and offer at best, you have to take that job because of the short term window.

Tennessee isn’t competing for conference titles or playoff spots over the next two years. Whoever takes the OU job immediately walks into competing for a playoff spot while getting 6-8 million per year.

Just seems odd that if given an offer, Heupel would turn down almost instant playoff contention so he can stay at a rebuild that may contend for a playoff spot at best as earlier as 2023/2024 season

I’m fully prepared to get laughed out of here for this, but what would that say for his integrity as a coach long term, especially for a guy who’s leaning into a strength of being “all about family?”

It’s not impossible he gets hired away, but it’d definitely be off brand and (money aside) against his long term interest.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I had a sense of foreboding as soon as I heard Carroll was leaving USC. I just don't have the same fear now.

One consideration is that Heupel is a superstar for going 7-5 and losing to our three main competitors by lopsided scores. He has a lot of goodwill here at the moment.

I had a sense of foreboding as soon as I heard Carroll was leaving USC. I just don't have the same fear now.

One consideration is that Heupel is a superstar for going 7-5 and losing to our three main competitors by lopsided scores. He has a lot of goodwill here at the moment.
FFUFsOvWYAQS7GJ

He appeared on page one of their thread on it. But only by one person. When others commented it was met with a lot of nope. Also, their appears to be some negative feelings towards him from the fan base. So the divorce looks like it was bad on all sides.

He was fired from OU as the OC under Stoops. There is no love lost between the two

You know there are good teams/programs outside of the SEC don't you?

USC is 100% a step up from OU. USC is a destination job.
Nobody is talking about rebuilding OK, people are talking about rebuilding USC. It's not a step up right now.

Reactions: sonofUT62

VN Store

Back