Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Hayden DOES want to transfer, I highly doubt he's doing it before the CFP.

Definitely not. I was reading through Twitter about Hayden and a bunch of OSU fans are pissed that he didn’t get more touches against Michigan too. Went from 150 yards rushing the game before to 2 carries against Michigan. A couple of the RB in front of him had been dealing with some injuries and most thought they weren’t 100% healthy going into that game, and Hayden was healthy and performing really well. Seems like OSU fans would be PISSED if they lost him.

Don’t care about the account I’m posting but want to know if anyone with a rivals sub has been over to the OSU rivals and seen anything? This tweet says they first saw some smoke on UT trying to entice Hayden to transfer from one of the mods on Rivals.

Maybe it is true that we are trying to get him, and hopefully there is mutual interest. But people reporting news like "NIL package waiting for him" or "put together crazy NIL package" just reads like "internet reader comes across rumor, dresses it up to seem closer to the truth"

All that being said, I HOPE we are putting together CRAZY NIL PACKAGES for anyone we want.

Hendon is truly the new sheriff. He just followed Peyton in being disrespected by the Heisman Committee.

Y'all are forgetting about Shuler. I'm not sure why but everyone forgets that before Peyton, Heath was snubbed. Not sure why everyone remembers those before and after Heath but forgets Heath. However, Heath getting snubbed was one of the biggest reasons why people were so outraged when Peyton got snubbed. Peyton had broken most of Heath's records and it was like 'there's nothing more a mortal can do' and that's when the narrative shifted to name a defensive player for the first time.

The Heisman is like running for office. There's a reason they're called campaigns. For someone to win it, they have to have friendly media and voters campaigning on their behalf. That's something that Tennessee just doesn't have right now. We've been down so long that all it took was one loss for everyone to forget about us. That's why BAMA was ranked ahead and why the Stetson got an invite despite being an efficient but pretty terrible QB.

I’m sure he’s getting plenty of NIL from UNC. Could Bama or UGA offer more? Probably. I just don’t get the risk if you are Maye though. Even if you are guaranteed the starting spot, you think Kirby or Saban is going to still roll you out there if one of their other 4 or 5 star QBs beats you out in training camp? Hell no. They are going to play the best option to win. It’s just a big roll of the dice for a pay bump when you are 1 year away from being a probable 1st round draft pick.
Coaches should always play their best players. Dabo learned that the hard way this year

Y'all are forgetting about Shuler. I'm not sure why but everyone forgets that before Peyton, Heath was snubbed. Not sure why everyone remembers those before and after Heath but forgets Heath. However, Heath getting snubbed was one of the biggest reasons why people were so outraged when Peyton got snubbed. Peyton had broken most of Heath's records and it was like 'there's nothing more a mortal can do' and that's when the narrative shifted to name a defensive player for the first time.

The Heisman is like running for office. There's a reason they're called campaigns. For someone to win it, they have to have friendly media and voters campaigning on their behalf. That's something that Tennessee just doesn't have right now. We've been down so long that all it took was one loss for everyone to forget about us. That's why BAMA was ranked ahead and why the Stetson got an invite despite being an efficient but pretty terrible QB.
It has zero to do with being down. We have had great players in great eras that should have won it and didn’t. Even Johnny Majors got shafted, when Horning won it. Years later even Paul himself said my good friend Johnny Majors should have won that award. Forget the Heisman, it’s not just Tennessee screwed as bad as they have been. But many others have won that didn’t have any business winning. They move the goalposts on what the criteria is too get the person they want to win. Good grief they gave it to Gino Toretta one year when there was a ton of better players but he had a great team around him and he was a average quarterback to good quarterback at best. It‘a a joke. And has nothing to do with where Tennessee is or has been nationally.

Don’t care about the account I’m posting but want to know if anyone with a rivals sub has been over to the OSU rivals and seen anything? This tweet says they first saw some smoke on UT trying to entice Hayden to transfer from one of the mods on Rivals.

He hates it when it's used against them but loves it when they use it.

It has zero to do with being down. We have had great players in great eras that should have won it and didn’t. Even Johnny Majors got shafted, when Horning won it. Years later even Paul himself said my good friend Johnny Majors should have won that award. Forget the Heisman, it’s not just Tennessee screwed as bad as they have been. But many others have won that didn’t have any business winning. They move the goalposts on what the criteria is too get the person they want to win. Good grief they gave it to Gino Toretta one year when there was a ton of better players but he had a great team around him and he was a average quarterback to good quarterback at best. It‘a a joke. And has nothing to do with where Tennessee is or has been nationally.

So Stetson got picked because he's a good QB. Interesting thought.

Major League Baseball would shut down the league over five dollars…. Don’t ask me to believe that they couldn’t push drug testing through…. They knew, didn’t care, and even promoted it.
They lost EVERY time they went up against the Union back then. Donald Fehr was justifiably arrogant concerning any negotiation. Congress equalized those scales if not outright tipping the scales the other way. Remember all the players had to do was stay cycled off until a pre-announced testing date…more than 5% couldn’t do it. Believe it or don’t, their actions in accelerating the penalties after being empowered by the Congressional Hearings sold me that they had basically been powerless beforehand.

Reactions: drvenner

The Addams Family Smile GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY.gif

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back