Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know he is going to bring in the players just because he's Prime Time. Should be fun to watch and see how he adjusts to the big boys where he doesn't have a talent edge right from the start just because of his name. I never really watched any of their games but they were good in their league no doubt and they paddled Eddie George and TSU on a regular basis...... but Eddie George doesn't appear to be Big John Merritt either.;)
I love Eddie, but TSU is a tough gig.
BTW…..the stories I heard about Big John when I coached at TSU…..wow. Man was a true legend!

What’s he supposed to do? Be unmotivating? There are some things Deion says that rub me the wrong way, but I bet he kills it at Colorado. I’d be suprised if they aren’t in the Playoffs in a few years.
Motivating is all he’s got.

To the last sentence.. lol

Right, because we all know a REAL fan complains about everything. It solves all the weaknesses on the team they are a fan of. And they get to pat themselves on the back if they are right. So proud for you!

Very impressed by your superiority. I aspire to be just like you one day.

So what is it about UT that makes the rest of the country hate the Vols so much?
“ We are UT, looked down upon nationally for whatever reason, prob because of all of the football embarrassments from bad hires to the Schiano fiasco, so it will take a few years of being big dogs in the big sports to change that national image, especially among sports writers.” -my dad

He just needs to calm down a bit. In the Vandy game he was trying to show his arm strength....too much. If you look back at his other throws during the year he didn't press as much and had much better touch. It could be that during the Vandy game the WR's were telling him to air it out and they would get to it but Vandy was holding them up a bit at the line. I noticed on several occasions the WR's were motioning to him "My bad". Only the players and coaches know for sure on that part.
I agree 100%. He has said himself its just mental. That why u think he looked so lights out early this year. There was no pressure on him because the game was already won. He could just let it fly. When he's the starter though, he just gets in his own head.

I really really really hope Milton has polished up his game. I am not against Joe and I know what it means to go against the popular trend in this thread but I got to see it. I don't hate the guy, and I do not want him to fail. For me personally I been ruined by Hooker and just have those memories from last year missing wide open WR's. I am pulling for Joe and I hope he balls out. Just can't be over the moon like some of you guys about him right now. Throws the such a pretty bomb but I am hoping for a sustained drive of 10, 15, or 20 yards down field. Just picking apart Clemson's defensive. That's what I am hoping for. Please Joe prove me wrong.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
He just had better stuff…. The old timers just used greenies.
I know and I don't care. It was explicitly against the rules and the players union fought for years to not allow testing. They are just as responsible as he is. I really do hate it for him because he is clearly a once in a lifetime talent.

Reactions: Volunteer821
I'll just say this.....I was at the Pitt game last year. And the throws he made against Vandy looked the same as the ones he threw the year before. I don't think this staff trusts him to throw intermediate stuff. Everything is a bomb or quick pass to the boundary.
Hes a monster when it comes to bullet passes, he just can't help but yeet the ball as hard as he can on those deep throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back