Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get a framed pic made to hang in my man cave of the stadium post Alabama win this year. Then surround it with pics my oldest and I took while we were at the stadium and on the field.

Anyone know of any being sold?

Someone on Twitter posted a beautifully done one this last week thst showed on my timeline but he wasn’t someone I followed and I can’t find it now.
I would love to have a blown up version of the cigar smoke haze coming out to the stadium from the river view.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I have discussed this previously and will continue to. I am no football expert, but I am pretty sure I understand Heupel's offense. The downfield passes aren't really "called plays." The offensive calls are based off the defensive alignment. If there are more in the box with man on the outside, then it's either a short pass with the other WR blocking or it's beat your man deep. Heupel does not call many intermediate passing plays, but you will see some slants or a play designed like the one against Vandy where Fant was open. If the box is in our favor, then we will run the ball and gash them between the tackles as DB's are stretched to the boundaries.

Against Vandy, you saw a couple of plays where one WR stayed 3 yards off the line of scrimmage and one went deep, and Milton actually checks down to the near WR for about 5-7 yards. This is just the offense we run, and I don't see Heupel adjusting it a whole lot. He wants to stretch the field, and even if Milton misses a few, it still stresses the defense.

We've not seen but about 50% of Heup's O. He needs his guys and to develop them before he can totally open the playbook.

FWIW, they ran a lot of normal route trees at Mizzou when he was OC. He has them when needed.

Seems cool and in your face and all that but I see this going bad for him. Cool and motivating only goes so far
What’s he supposed to do? Be unmotivating? There are some things Deion says that rub me the wrong way, but I bet he kills it at Colorado. I’d be suprised if they aren’t in the Playoffs in a few years.

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
If he wins 7-8 games next season, he’s the next Rockne…..:cool:
Not an easy schedule
You know he is going to bring in the players just because he's Prime Time. Should be fun to watch and see how he adjusts to the big boys where he doesn't have a talent edge right from the start just because of his name. I never really watched any of their games but they were good in their league no doubt and they paddled Eddie George and TSU on a regular basis...... but Eddie George doesn't appear to be Big John Merritt either.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back