Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this though...the portal will be packed with QBs.

Devin Leary, DJ Uiagalelei, Hudson Card, Luke Altmyer, Jeff Sims, Kyron Drones, Brennan Armstrong, Malik Hornsby, Haynes King

More will enter after bowl games and after spring ball. The bold names are guys I think would fit our system personally.

I just want to see him move the offense down the field for multiple drives making a lot of 10-15 yard passes. He's got the accuracy to do it. He's also got the accuracy to hit the deep ball, but I think he puts too much pressure on himself to do it in games when the game is still on the line and ends up taking too many deep shots because he wants to hit one so bad. Just manage the offense, make the throws that are there, settle in, and then take a killshot. Playcalling can help him a lot with this. It's going to be interesting to see how Heupel manages the game for Milton with him calling all the plays in the bowl game.

I have discussed this previously and will continue to. I am no football expert, but I am pretty sure I understand Heupel's offense. The downfield passes aren't really "called plays." The offensive calls are based off the defensive alignment. If there are more in the box with man on the outside, then it's either a short pass with the other WR blocking or it's beat your man deep. Heupel does not call many intermediate passing plays, but you will see some slants or a play designed like the one against Vandy where Fant was open. If the box is in our favor, then we will run the ball and gash them between the tackles as DB's are stretched to the boundaries.

Against Vandy, you saw a couple of plays where one WR stayed 3 yards off the line of scrimmage and one went deep, and Milton actually checks down to the near WR for about 5-7 yards. This is just the offense we run, and I don't see Heupel adjusting it a whole lot. He wants to stretch the field, and even if Milton misses a few, it still stresses the defense.

Vrabel is probably pissed off he keeps losing players after their rookie deals because his GM didn't wanna pony up for them.
Vrabel had better be careful as well. He has the "Promote my staff " syndrome where he is so loyal to his staff he is unwilling to make a tough call. That usually gets them both gone in the long run.

Right, because we all know that a REAL fan never complains about anything.
Right, because we all know a REAL fan complains about everything. It solves all the weaknesses on the team they are a fan of. And they get to pat themselves on the back if they are right. So proud for you!

I just watched all of his throws against Vandy, and he was pressured a decent amount, but he was 1 for 9 on deep balls. On most of those he was not pressured and was able to really take his time....and overthrow his guy by 10 yards. I loved the end result, but I don't give Milton much credit for the running game. If vandy was smart the would've just loaded the box and let Milton throw it deep.
I'll just say this.....I was at the Pitt game last year. And the throws he made against Vandy looked the same as the ones he threw the year before. I don't think this staff trusts him to throw intermediate stuff. Everything is a bomb or quick pass to the boundary.

Vrabel had better be careful as well. He has the "Promote my staff " syndrome where he is so loyal to his staff he is unwilling to make a tough call. That usually gets them both gone in the long run.

I mean...he's had two OCs leave for head coaching jobs. Not sure Vrabel is in a bad spot yet. I don't know if they'll land a great new GM, but I think when you look at the way the roster moves have been handled they made the appropriate decision. Titans haven't had a quality QB backup for Tannehill since he became the starter.

Reactions: thistime
I just watched all of his throws against Vandy, and he was pressured a decent amount, but he was 1 for 9 on deep balls. On most of those he was not pressured and was able to really take his time....and overthrow his guy by 10 yards. I loved the end result, but I don't give Milton much credit for the running game. If vandy was smart the would've just loaded the box and let Milton throw it deep.
He just needs to calm down a bit. In the Vandy game he was trying to show his arm strength....too much. If you look back at his other throws during the year he didn't press as much and had much better touch. It could be that during the Vandy game the WR's were telling him to air it out and they would get to it but Vandy was holding them up a bit at the line. I noticed on several occasions the WR's were motioning to him "My bad". Only the players and coaches know for sure on that part.

I'll just say this.....I was at the Pitt game last year. And the throws he made against Vandy looked the same as the ones he threw the year before. I don't think this staff trusts him to throw intermediate stuff. Everything is a bomb or quick pass to the boundary.
10/11 complete passes against vandy were 20 yards or less. His intermediate stuff was on the money

Young people love me. Just think of all the recruits I could bring to Tennessee. My milkshakes bring all the boys to Tennessee.
entertainment-blogs-obsessed-2012-12-24-atrn.gif

I mean...he's had two OCs leave for head coaching jobs. Not sure Vrabel is in a bad spot yet. I don't know if they'll land a great new GM, but I think when you look at the way the roster moves have been handled they made the appropriate decision. Titans haven't had a quality QB backup for Tannehill since he became the starter.
They'll have to get better on the offensive line and OC first. The run Henry on 1st and 2nd down then try and throw a 10 yard pass is getting kinda old. Everybody knows what we are going to do and are game planning to stop just that. Tannehill has gotten to where he throws into coverage and presses way too much in the past couple of years but then again he is running for his life most of the time. When the OL helps him up off the ground I wish he would just tell them to not let the other team put him there in the first place.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back