Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cut has a deal with Arch, they could go anywhere in the country. Cut doesn’t need to work and probably wouldn’t without Arch. The reasons he might end up in Knoxville are that he has a son there, I think he is still buds with Fulmer and he would love working in Heupel’s offense. JMO
Arch headed to Bama. Not sure where this package with Cut comes from??

If Cut has a deal with Arch, they could go anywhere in the country. Cut doesn’t need to work and probably wouldn’t without Arch. The reasons he might end up in Knoxville are that he has a son there, I think he is still buds with Fulmer and he would love working in Heupel’s offense. JMO

Having Heupel, Cut and Hazle around your QB everyday would be as good as it gets in college football regarding QB coaching. I’m confident in that.

Marathon not a sprint right.

Oh absolutely. It's going to be a climb to get back to full roster. Which is why I'm excited about the new transfer rules and also glad that it's clearly an early priority for the staff. I think transfers are more important in a lot of ways for us than high school kids. Obviously you need both, but transfers help us continue to put a great product on the field immediately while we build back the buzz with the high school guys other schools had a head start.

Coaching staff and administration attacking this in a great way, IMO.

Damn it’s good to be a VFL!!!

giphy.gif

If the last number I saw was true, I'm 3 shy of King Henry's numbers. But mine are all w/ the same woman. And we're still married, so she's got the whole check not just child support.
Henry has at least 11 kids by 10 different women. So you have 8? You building a football team?

Seriously tho, you'd think at least one of Henry's kids would be a football player that could come play for us.

So it is all transfer portal guys? Nothing high school related? @butchna That model worked great for Michigan State this year. Glad we're going that route especially given the amount of scholarships we're down overall. Quickest way to close the talent gap IMO.
We get to a certain talent level and high schoolers who didn’t exist when we were relevant will at least listen to our pitch. Talent gap point taken.

Henry has at least 11 kids by 10 different women. So you have 8? You building a football team?

Seriously tho, you'd think at least one of Henry's kids would be a football player that could come play for us.

Yup. We took that whole, "be fruitful" thing kinda personal!
Gotta make up for all the slackers who won't get married and take on the responsibility of keeping the world going.

And dude, for real. Why can't UT win the genetic lottery and have some of those super-athletes drop in our lap as legacies?

Texas & OU are gonna be garbage and when they hit the SEC it's only gonna get worse.

I've been listening to a lot of Andy Staples podcast during the coaching turmoil (he thinks Heupel has done a fantastic job, BTW), and he keeps saying with OU that the issue they've had is on the line of scrimmage, because those 5-star lineman don't want to play in the Big 12. He seems to think that once OU moves to the SEC then they will be a legitimate threat to add those players who have been the missing piece. A lot of that reasoning would apply to Texas as well, and in this class you are starting to see Texas pull some D-linemen from Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama.

From what I am reading about the Texas NIL deal, they expect it to reach an endowment of $150 million, to the point where they can pay every football player on the team a base stipend of $100k per year, and the better players can then add to that with individual deals within corporate-heavy Austin. Remember, Cam Newton was allegedly bought for Auburn by for $180k, and now the back up linebacker will be getting $100k every year. This completely dwarfs the scale of the traditional bag game system. Obviously, this is all just in the startup phase, but if it comes to fruition and Texas gets a reasonably competent coach (not sure if Sark fills that bill), then they are going to be poised to hold their own in the SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back