Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered about the time-line for Riley to USC. Mainly just because I wondered if Florida attempted to contact him or anything. Or if LSU was sure he was coming and worked them to get a better contract at USC.

Below was all I got - after Riley said he wouldn't be the coach at LSU.

Me to her "Riley just said he wasn't going to LSU"

Her: oh he's not and most at USC couldn't be happier.

Me: why would they care that he's not leaving Oklahoma?

Her: I didn't say he wasn't leaving OK.. I'll give you second.

Actually needed more than a second because I'm that foreign to getting info. But I got there, umm, eventually.

so what did Butchna say that has everyone excited?

De1 Conley shared some info with him that something big is coming down the pipe in the next 10 days. Butchna teased it a little and we did what we do best. Blew it up.
I think you should clarify that the "something big" was "going to break the servers."

But his experience as an analyst would be very valuable. We play pro style offenses every year, his help in breaking their video down for our defensive staff, advice in adding wrinkles to make us multiple. All that is very valuable, he could be a great asset.
That might be true. I believe CJH would have to be the one to make the decision if there is one to be made. Just because Vol fans appreciate Cut, CJH may not feel the need for him as an analyst. We could use that potential salary ands spread it out amongst the assistants. Just a thought.

If OU ends up with Beamer they’re going to start a decade of hell like hiring Dooley did to us
Been busy this morning but please let this happen. He is absolutely their Dooley. And they deserve it… bunch of pompous jerks, compliance officer saying ex coach tampered… well what do you call signing three Tennessee players 🥴.

Oklahoma better get this right, they could spiral out of control. They are probably in way better shape than we were in 2010, I have no idea, but someone else deserves it.

It has to suck being a low tier program and watching a player become a superstar just to transfer to Alabama or Ohio State once they have that recognition lol
Yea the ever worse part of the transfer portal is that it turns all but a few schools in each league into farm schools. Combine this with the playoffs that have already created a huge imbalance in college, and you end up with 4 to 5 football teams begin to beat everyone by 30+ and then those same teams fight for national championship every year. Everyone else should just be happy to go bowling. Hopefully this doesn’t happen and they expand the playoffs and the transfer portal doesn’t just feed the Alabama’s and Ohio State’s all the players.

Been busy this morning but please let this happen. He is absolutely their Dooley. And they deserve it… bunch of pompous jerks, compliance officer saying ex coach tampered… well what do you call signing three Tennessee players 🥴.

Oklahoma better get this right, they could spiral out of control. They are probably in way better shape than we were in 2010, I have no idea, but someone else deserves it.
Texas & OU are gonna be garbage and when they hit the SEC it's only gonna get worse.

I've been there. The best is when your little girl is so excited to see you that she runs up to you, only to nail you in the family jewels as she jumps into your arms...
my 5 yo thinks its funny to stop dead in her tracks. back up, to get a running start, then plow into groin. She's funny.

my 5 yo thinks its funny to stop dead in her tracks. back up, to get a running start, then plow into groin. She's funny.
We just love our children....yesterday mine admitted to hitting another kid at preschool. I asked my wife "well, did she deserve it?" My wife didn't find that funny.

I don’t think the NIL is going to be the demise of college football but more the transfer portal. It kills the undying loyalty of the players. No longer can you get excited about the thought of watching players grow and get better every year. Now some of the best players on the team are likely to be one year players that then go to the NFL.

Sounds like college basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back