Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

They couldve rapid tested the whole team. Found 5 negatives and played.
Im still of the opinion Bates was one positive and one of their other star freshman wouldve been positive. Penny canceled because he was going to get run.

Could be wrong, but I thought contact tracers have to quarantine for so long, or at least in the sec rules. Negative test doesn't mean they can't spread it. I believe it's been said you're most able to spread the first 5 days of infection, but may not even test positive during that time. I believe that is a big part of the point behind contact tracing. Or not - I remember reading this a year ago but my memory is shite :confused:

Either way we should get the W. Just because.

And the way UT handled it was AWESOME. Scrimmage in Nashville...free tix to Lady Vols...great stuff.

That's really all I ask - that we shoot for the very best. We all know how hard it is to actually land them vs the best programs, but I always like how Pruitt at least approached things. He wasn't afraid to go for the best...even if you lose out on 3/4 at least you got 1/4...better than the Dooley days. Glad to see Hype is bringing a similar fearlessness. He's been at OU...in the SEC. He understands what it means to recruit in the big times.
The problem with this is that many assume that whoever some recruiting gurus say are the best really are the best. That isn’t necessarily true. At least it’s not necessarily who the coaches think are the best; or not the best for them.

Choosing the best player for you is about a ton more than just talent, which what the stars show. That’s where i trust the coaches far more than those gurus.

Could be wrong, but I thought contact tracers have to quarantine for so long, or at least in the sec rules. Negative test doesn't mean they can't spread it. I believe it's been said you're most able to spread the first 5 days of infection, but may not even test positive during that time. I believe that is a big part of the point behind contact tracing. Or not - I remember reading this a year ago but my memory is shite :confused:

Either way we should get the W. Just because.

And the way UT handled it was AWESOME. Scrimmage in Nashville...free tix to Lady Vols...great stuff.
With the earlier variants I believe that was the case. Or something like that, but I think that went along with the thinking that vaxed wouldnt get sick which we know now is false. Now, since we knkow this thing is going to spread regardless of vax status I think only those who test positive have to quarantine. So even if they had to use walk ons Memphis couldve found 5 negative tests

Reactions: UTMVol76
is that the one that just shows the clips of TD's over and over? Or, on demand mobile only (no mirroring).
TV Channel. They follow all games and cut to games where things are getting interesting. So, no commercials, long timeouts, 3 and outs, etc. They can also rewind a game some if a big play just happened. They also commentate.

If you don't have a #1 team you just want to focus on, it's absolutely great. Used to hardly watch NFL becaise of what you said, but Redzone has me loving it. I do know there's a price, but I have it free on YTTV so it's tough to beat.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
With the earlier variants I believe that was the case. Or something like that, but I think that went along with the thinking that vaxed wouldnt get sick which we know now is false. Now, since we knkow this thing is going to spread regardless of vax status I think only those who test positive have to quarantine. So even if they had to use walk ons Memphis couldve found 5 negative tests
I mean, no company ever claimed 100% effectiveness. Each one's effectiveness is very public. It is meant to minimize spread and effects, like any vaccine, so I wouldn't necessarily say that was the assumption before - they were just trying to be as open and unrestrictive as reasonable so games could still be played imo. My perception of things anyway...

You could be right about the rules - I honestly have zero idea whose rules are followed in interconference games. But with Penny...he's just going to take his bags and run back to Memphis before anything can be verified either direction 🐤

Reactions: franklinpence
I mean, no company ever claimed 100% effectiveness. Each one's effectiveness is very public. It is meant to minimize spread and effects, like any vaccine, so I wouldn't necessarily say that was the assumption before - they were just trying to be as open and unrestrictive as reasonable so games could still be played imo. My perception of things anyway...

You could be right about the rules - I honestly have zero idea whose rules are followed in interconference games. But with Penny...he's just going to take his bags and run back to Memphis before anything can be verified either direction 🐤
Not everyone understands the bolded part though, there were and still are people who thinks the vax was meant to get rid of it completely.
Interconfrence is the issue, I saw something that said the AA had said games would be considered a forfeit this season, but im not sure if that is the truth. I do completely agree though that Penny was scared and found his excuse.

The SEC and B1G need to align with the NFL/NBA and go pro. The NCAA needs to reorganize without March Madness being a huge cash cow.

If you want college athletics to survive, the elite players need a way to get paid and the Jimmy and Joe players need the education.

This shouldn't be that hard.
Screw that..I want pro to be pro and college to be college. I want there to be a choice for HS athletes to either be a professional and go where you are told to play, or attend College and accept the rules of being an amateur who can at the most benefit only off your own NIL and that is it

Screw that..I want pro to be pro and college to be college. I want there to be a choice for HS athletes to either be a professional and go where you are told to play, or attend College and accept the rules of being an amateur who can at the most benefit only off your own NIL and that is it
They’re burning it all to the ground chasing the almighty dollar.

That really sucks. Barnes is right to call them out on the rules. If you have rules and regulations, make them ironclad. A rat always finds a hole.

Also - None of the media are going to accuse Penny and Memphis of faking it because of all the media members that got drug in public that didn't take Covid seriously the first time.

I think it needs to go completely ala carte. Providers should have a menu for people to pick and choose. You could bundle networks like ESPN but it shouldn't include Disney and other non sports related stuff. Let the market decide. You should be able to turn it off and on as you like with no penalty. If I want to purchase Disney for one month, I should be able to and then shut it off. You shouldn't have to purchase a bunch of stupid channels you never watch in order to get one you do.
You can cancel or "pause" nearly all subs at any point.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The SEC/B1G elites become pro and the non-elite is where you see "amateur" athletics.

The NCAA/schools are about to lose in the courts and student athletes will be called employees. At that point, it's over for amateur status for college athletes and payments won't be expected, they'll be required.

Like it or not, the United States courts won't care and Justices of the Supreme Court (like Kavanaugh, a very conservative Justice) have indicated it's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back