Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it’s 100% Memphis fault. They were clear the day before, seems their players went to a party last night and that’s ultimately what changed things.

Ya test & quarantine, Memphis broke the quarantine and now the game is canceled.
Honestly, I dont even think it was their players just who. One of the ones we saw pics of with fans just so happened to be one of their best players in Bates. IMO Memphis wouldve been without at least one of their good players and thats why the cancelled. They were gonna get run.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
For the guys with NIL deals I wonder if there will be language in their contracts about having to play in bowl games.
There really can't be any language about playing or performance whatsoever, so I'd say naw.

NiL is about profiting off one's name, image, or likeness. Of course the value of those is derived from one's performance or potential performance, but the contracts can't be "you have to play here" or "you have to be this good" to have contractual performance.

Never schedule this game again. This game only benefits one side and we don’t need a harder schedule. Coach punks out because he knew he was going to get run. Don’t ever play those losers again.

Yeah, I was in the “let’s play every year” camp, but I wouldn’t play them now.

Also, if you tell a team you can’t go a couple of hours before tip, that’s a forfeit in my world, covid or not.

Hey Charger if you still have that email account we corresponded on earlier go check it out, I sent you one.
Nothing earth shattering, just a question..

Sorry, didn't see this till right now, Barry. Still active and will check it in a few

really makes me mad sitting here thinking of our guys sitting there ready to play, and some pinche pendejo doesnt want to break a finger nail. ¡mierda!

Lol, excellent post. Even Poquito Penny would be ashamed of Penny's program today.

On December 30, we play in the Music City Bowl vs Purdue to continue our historical dominance over the Big Ten (12-4 lifetime). All but 1 of those 16 games were in a bowl. This game will be our 54th bowl appearance ever, good for 6th most all time. The bowl is also another chance to see the Big Orange strut our stuff out there one more time before another 9 barren months of no football.

Not meaningless, at least to me.

On December 30, we play in the Music City Bowl vs Purdue to continue our historical dominance over the Big Ten (12-4 lifetime). All but 1 of those 16 games were in a bowl. This game will be our 54th bowl appearance ever, good for 6th most all time. The bowl is also another chance to see the Big Orange strut our stuff out there one more time before another 9 barren months of no football.

Don't forget Spring practice in about 2 or 3 months.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It’s a classic old school vs new school issue. I see the points on both sides. I tend to side with the old school thoughts that you don’t leave your brothers and you will cherish that time together, but I can also understand the $$$ implications for that rare event where someone gets hurt and it alters their career. That said it’s a mindset issue that can’t be changed by regulation.
I f'n pretty much hate everything new school in this world. It f'n sucks.

Reactions: UTMVol76

It means a lot and anyone who tries to say it's meaningless is just trying to be a contrarian.

It's obviously meaningful. For everything you said plus, going 8-5 instead of 7-6. It makes a big perceptual difference. Putting our brand on national TV. Ending the year on a high note. Carrying momentum for recruiting and prestige going into next year. We win this bowl game and are likely preseason top 25.

The list goes on.

It's just obviously meaningful

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back