Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NCAA can be the escrow account for all the moneys. They’d like to just hold the money for awhile in a vault like Scrooge McDuck, and then give it to the athletes after they’ve completed some forms, documents, background checks, bloodwork, IQ test, etc.
I'm not sure what part of America you missed but how would you like it if some organization escrowed your wages? Unless there's a judgement, divorce, etc do you really think this is how America should treat citizens?

I'm not sure what part of America you missed but how would you like it if some organization escrowed your wages? Unless there's a judgement, divorce, etc do you really think this is how America should treat citizens?

Hey man, I’ve just been joking about the greed of the NCAA and how they will continue to seek ways to insert themselves. None of this was serious.

Solon Page had incredible potential coming out of high-school. Hopefully these coaches can get him playing how he's capable.
He looked pretty good this year as a back up.

We maybe didn't have the production we wanted at LB this year, but its bound to better soley on the fact everyone is returning.

Re: Solon Page coming back and multiple brand new recruits showing up early to take part in practices - Man, what a culture change! Players literally can’t wait to get here and guys don’t want to leave.

We’ve got four star studs getting on campus to get plugged in to this culture and learning the system. Can’t guarantee that this means we automatically win X number of games next year,

But the future certainly seems bright!

If nothing else, it's a heck of a lot more entertaining to watch and follow Vol football now

If Heupel can stay off the hotseat and stick around for 5+ years, Vol football will be really, really fun to watch...

Time will tell whether our fanbase can handle the modest early successes of a rebuild without jumping immediately to expecting championships...

The SEC and B1G need to align with the NFL/NBA and go pro. The NCAA needs to reorganize without March Madness being a huge cash cow.

If you want college athletics to survive, the elite players need a way to get paid and the Jimmy and Joe players need the education.

This shouldn't be that hard.

People don’t care that Pruitt paid players….. they care that we sucked while paying players…. I don’t get all the hate for our ex players/ coaches that have come back to be a part of the program…. If it doesn’t work…. Fire them and move on but still respect what they mean to the history of Tennessee athletics.

This notion that Phil or Pruitt destroyed the program is absolute nonsense…. It took one season to already be twice as good as when Pruitt took over.
Phil knew Pruitt would get his hands dirty, because that’s what it takes. He just hoped he wouldn’t forget to wash them from time to time

Old Vol Texting Codes:

ATD: at the doctor
BFF: best friend’s funeral
BTW: bring the wheelchair
BYOT: bring your own teeth
FWIW: forgot where I was
GHA: got heartburn again
GOML: get off my lawn
IMHO: is my hearing-aid on?
MILF: man, I like fishing
OMG: ouch, my groin
PIMP: pooped in my pants
POT: posting on toilet
SGGP: sorry, gotta go poop
TOT: texting on toilet
TTYL: talk to you louder
WAITT: who am I talking to?
WIWYA: when I was your age
WTF: where’s the firetruck?

Touched on provider v broadcasters the other day. It's going to continue to worsen unless blame sharing lessens and there's pressure to the broadcast companies.

Providers are greedy too but broadcasters keep wanting larger and larger slices. Can't continue without providers jacking prices way beyond the current ridiculous amounts.
Disney hardly hiding their dreams of monopoly.
I think it needs to go completely ala carte. Providers should have a menu for people to pick and choose. You could bundle networks like ESPN but it shouldn't include Disney and other non sports related stuff. Let the market decide. You should be able to turn it off and on as you like with no penalty. If I want to purchase Disney for one month, I should be able to and then shut it off. You shouldn't have to purchase a bunch of stupid channels you never watch in order to get one you do.

Anybody use Hulu Live? Gotta make a switch from YouTubeTV now smh.

Same. Just started a free trial of Hulu Live and FuboTV this morning. So far, I like FuboTVs interface better and it’s a better package of channels for the same price I was paying for YouTubeTV. We will see though. Going to test both over the next few days and make a decision.

I think it needs to go completely ala carte. Providers should have a menu for people to pick and choose. You could bundle networks like ESPN but it shouldn't include Disney and other non sports related stuff. Let the market decide. You should be able to turn it off and on as you like with no penalty. If I want to purchase Disney for one month, I should be able to and then shut it off. You shouldn't have to purchase a bunch of stupid channels you never watch in order to get one you do.

Should be but there is more money for the providers making you pay for crap channels.

Phil knew Pruitt would get his hands dirty, because that’s what it takes. He just hoped he wouldn’t forget to wash them from time to time

Dirty hands was the only way. Didn't bother me we tried paying, only that the NCAA has always had their tier system of who and how much.

But Pruitt may have received a pass, given he was too incompetent to beat Saban. Or like Kirby and had TMI.

Edit to be clear: I'm saying NCAA probably wouldn't have came after Pruitt on their own because too much info on Bama. But none of our other coaches have had the luxury of a blind eye. We haven't been in the NCAA preferred group in a while.

Last edited:
Okay, why does everyone keep talking about scholarship reduction penalties coming up? We have already done that for 2021 season. Damn sure plenty. No need for further penalties.

85 scholarships minus scholarship transfers out plus scholarship transfers in equals total reduction in scholarships for 2021.

I keep hearing 69 scholarship athletes in 2021. So 85-69 equals 16 self imposed scholarship reductions. Completely removed entire coaching staff and support staff involved including AD.

That’s absolutely more than any other school would have done in our situation. All offenders gone. I would tell the NCAA that the self imposed penalties were more than the violations warranted. Therefore we are done here. Nothing more to do or see. Move along.

I would even write up the NCAA statement for them:
In a college football landscape littered with obvious violations, the University of Tennessee has stepped up and beyond reproach has internally handled the fiasco of the pruitt coaching debacle. The NCAA was notified each step of the way. The University of Tennessee is now cleared of any misdeeds. The University of Tennessee is an exemplary representative of the correct way to run a collegiate program and will lead the way for all others. Also in the same statement: the University of Tennessee has recommended that the NCAA take all officiating responsibilities away from conferences. All officials will be full time employees of the NCAA with no conference or team allegiance. Games will no longer be decided by officials. A central office will review all plays in conjunction with the on the field referees. In a show of goodwill, The University of Tennessee has provided the training facility for all collegiate referees and the home office for the review headquarters.

15-0 forever 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back