Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like you've done well with it. nice work.
Boredom. Its benefited me more than just wagering and $ though.

I've watched and learned about sports I never would've seen or bothered with before. Perfect for me, since I like sports in general, but always gravitated toward watching what I grew up playing. Over the past several years I got to the point where I'd only watch the Vols and maybe a game or 2 of who we'd be playing the next week.

Soccer still sucks, it's almost as boring as baseball.

Anyway. . . When I'm posting @ 3am, on my 3rd day straight of gambling at chicken fights in Del Rio, it will be safe to say I've gone a little overboard. . .

Yo firearm folk..

My son feels confident with rifles atp, (he really is a good shot, keep telling myself I'm letting him win😖)
Now he's wanting to learn shotguns and I haven't had to buy anything new in .. oof, let' just say the Blackberry was a dream of the future.

Thinking I'll start him with a 20 pump. Obviously want reliable but doesn't need anything too nice, rougher on them than I was at his age.
So, where are all the cool kids shopping these days? Current notorious pieces of junk to avoid?
Get a used Remington 870 or mossberg 500

Bowls have always been meaningless unless you were in title contention. But the extra practice time is great for developing guys.
The games MEANT something to the players and coaches. Which is why no opt outs. They felt meaningful as a fan. If they never did for you then that’s a you problem.

I think it’s “recency bias” … nowadays we have 75 bowl games … Tailgreeter bowl game last night for example.

My memories go back to the late 70s/early 80s and I guess part of it may have been TV viewing abilities - we just didn’t have many channels. A bowl game to watch was a big deal to watch. I assume it was a big deal to play in back then too.

Boredom. Its benefited me more than just wagering and $ though.

I've watched and learned about sports I never would've seen or bothered with before. Perfect for me, since I like sports in general, but always gravitated toward watching what I grew up playing. Over the past several years I got to the point where I'd only watch the Vols and maybe a game or 2 of who we'd be playing the next week.

Soccer still sucks, it's almost as boring as baseball.

Anyway. . . When I'm posting @ 3am, on my 3rd day straight of gambling at chicken fights in Del Rio, it will be safe to say I've gone a little overboard. . .
Futbol is awesome but really Premier league, Cupa de Oro, Internacional, WC play and Eurocup. Also, Rugby is the tits

Re: Solon Page coming back and multiple brand new recruits showing up early to take part in practices - Man, what a culture change! Players literally can’t wait to get here and guys don’t want to leave.

We’ve got four star studs getting on campus to get plugged in to this culture and learning the system. Can’t guarantee that this means we automatically win X number of games next year,

But the future certainly seems bright!

No. I've never spent a penny of my money. Up over $6,000 off a free $25 bet. If I lose it, I won't be pulling a penny out of my own $.

Edit:
Actually, I have thought about how it could become a problem and how it has been a problem that destroyed a lot of people. I have some basic rules to avoid that. The main one is to never spend my own $.
If you borrow it from a gangster does that count as your own money? Asking for a friend....

I’m guessing this affects a few on here…

Touched on provider v broadcasters the other day. It's going to continue to worsen unless blame sharing lessens and there's pressure to the broadcast companies.

Providers are greedy too but broadcasters keep wanting larger and larger slices. Can't continue without providers jacking prices way beyond the current ridiculous amounts.
Disney hardly hiding their dreams of monopoly.

Reactions: 99Vol and VOLSONLY
Re: Solon Page coming back and multiple brand new recruits showing up early to take part in practices - Man, what a culture change! Players literally can’t wait to get here and guys don’t want to leave.

We’ve got four star studs getting on campus to get plugged in to this culture and learning the system. Can’t guarantee that this means we automatically win X number of games next year,

But the future certainly seems bright!
Solon Page had incredible potential coming out of high-school. Hopefully these coaches can get him playing how he's capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back