UT Martin
UK
UGA (@UGA)
Mizzou
USCe (@USCe)
Vandy (@ Vandy)

Record guesses?
FL vulnerable @ home w/ a new coach?
Is there a reason to think that LSU is more or less possible w/ Kelly there?
Too early to say? Roster is a big part of the answer a guess here.
As far as record goes I feel the same way as I did this year..it depends on injuries and timing of injuries..plus how we do in the portal has to be taken into account, and we have zero idea how that will go right now...so you have to assume at best we have about the same depth, and at worst we are going to probably be even thinner..

So..I don't expect much change record wise either way.

Reactions: peaygolf
2022 Schedule
Ball State
Pitt (@ Pitt)
Akron
FL
-off-
LSU (@ lsu)
Bammer
UT Martin
UK
UGA (@UGA)
Mizzou
USCe (@USCe)
Vandy (@ Vandy)

Record guesses?
FL vulnerable @ home w/ a new coach?
Is there a reason to think that LSU is more or less possible w/ Kelly there?
Too early to say? Roster is a big part of the answer a guess here.
I predict back-to-back SEC Game of the Week for @ LSU and vs Bama

People just sitting around thinking crap up. Just don't understand that.
Experience...I completely understand it. A tree likely never falls on you while hiking in the woods, but once one does it changes how you walk in the woods...now let that happen two or three times (in our case as Vols in this analogy) and you feel really stupid for not expecting it to happen.

As far as record goes I feel the same way as I did this year..it depends on injuries and timing of injuries..plus how we do in the portal has to be taken into account, and we have zero idea how that will go right now...so you have to assume at best we have about the same depth, and at worst we are going to probably be even thinner..

So..I don't expect much change record wise either way.

Agree.............
Definitely not a "Hot Take," but it all depends on the QB and OL and LB. Portal better be good for the Vols.

Makes sense as to why ticket prices are going up for Vol fans. We are either gonna have a lot more success under Heupel and eventually have to pay him something semi-comparable to these top coaches or we'll be back out in this market trying to stay relevant.

If you want to be good at football these days you better have a butt load of money in reserves for when you need it. There is no more leverage for being a prestegious university with rich history. Can you pay to compete or not?

Makes sense as to why ticket prices are going up for Vol fans. We are either gonna have a lot more success under Heupel and eventually have to pay him something semi-comparable to these top coaches or we'll be back out in this market trying to stay relevant.

If you want to be good at football these days you better have a butt load of money in reserves for when you need it. There is no more leverage for being a prestegious university with rich history. Can you pay to compete or not?
We're better off now than we were whenever Dooley came on and the program was $200,000,000 in the hole from the first round of renovations and some other stuff we wasted money on. Now have to build up for a rainy day and have the money ready. And not just in the form of pledges from boosters.

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next full-time Oklahoma coach?

• Brent Venables +250
  • Lane Kiffin +500
  • Mark Stoops +500
  • Matt Campbell +600
  • Luke Fickell +700
  • Jay Norvell +800
  • Bob Stoops +900
  • Josh Heupel +1000
  • Shane Beamer +1100
  • Mario Cristobal +1500
  • Dave Aranda +1500
  • Kliff Kingsbury +2000

I'll take Jay Norvell at +800................:D

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005
I will say this: if Heupel were seriously considering leaving, he probably would have avoided the interview altogether.

Well the last time we had a coach leave we had warnings from our on beat writers (and as we later learned Kiffin had even told Hamilton when he was hired that he'd leave if USC offered him) but so far our beat writers have rejected the notions pretty solidly as have national guys that are in the know. Heupel isn't even on the majority of hotboards and with OU's fanbase carrying a hate-on towards him there's no way he's hired after a 7 win season. Add in the bad blood between Heupel and Stoops and Stoops obviously still running the show there and again it's no way.

And with that being said... How much you wanna bet it was BOB that steered OU to the SEC? Back in the day, Florida State almost became a member but Bobby Bowded took a look at the schedule and said 'nope' and that's all FSU needed. That OU said yes despite Riley saying 'hell no' tells me he didn't have much influence and that alone (not having any sway) might've been the reason he left as much as the actual decision. Stoops may still be the man pulling the strings there.

Yep, my same thoughts as well. He isn’t leaving for 5m a year and I don’t know if they wanna pony up 7.5m+ (and buyout) to get Heupel.

Also I think Banks isn’t leaving to DC. His name floating for Duke tells me he’s only leaving to be a HC.
At some point if want to jeep him, we are going to have to give a lottery ticket. The job he did this year has opened a lot of folks eyes, and if he keeps up the rebuild on schedule...they are comin after him.

Experience...I completely understand it. A tree likely never falls on you while hiking in the woods, but once one does it changes how you walk in the woods...now let that happen two or three times (in our case as Vols in this analogy) and you feel really stupid for not expecting it to happen.

I understand what your saying but DW is a good AD and given the circumstances when he hired JH, I know whether its in his contract and an understanding that JH wouldn't leave until at least the program is stabilized. Coach Hype handles himself different than any coach we have had in the last 10 years. He knows that if he jumped (not that OU was seeking) that's it for this program. Seriously. I just don't understand sitting around trying to always think of some far "maybe" when he has done so much in a short time. He doesn't strike me as a heartless man cause that is what that would be.

I dunno if Florida is a toss up, they have a lot of soul searching to do.
I will never count the Gator game a win until the clock strikes zero and there are no flags on the field...even during our worst stretch there were several times we should have beaten them...but didn't.

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next full-time Oklahoma coach?

• Brent Venables +250
  • Lane Kiffin +500
  • Mark Stoops +500
  • Matt Campbell +600
  • Luke Fickell +700
  • Jay Norvell +800
  • Bob Stoops +900
  • Josh Heupel +1000
  • Shane Beamer +1100
  • Mario Cristobal +1500
  • Dave Aranda +1500
  • Kliff Kingsbury +2000